My wife and I stayed at the Royal Bahamian Oct 31-Nov 7 2014. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed all the restaurants. As in the past, I still recommend Sandals. We had a club level room on the 6th floor of the Balmoral Tower and it gave us easy access to the gym facility.
First, we want to recognize several employees in particular: D'Andra was spectacular and very pleasant at both the Casanova (evenings) and at the Royal Grill; Akila was our waitress at the Casanova and she made dinner an excellent experience; Kdoy and Sherwin helped us at Spices and tried to go the "extra mile"; Maurice served us drinks around the pool; Alex took care of our candlelight dinner and made it a memorable occasion, despite the wind!; and Garth served us a perfect dinner in the Baccarat restaurant and did just what a premier waiter is supposed to do. Last but not least, we wish to thank Mr. Patrick Drake for listening to some of our concerns and treating us as special guests (even though we were not!).
Of the restaurants, we enjoyed the Baccarat, the Crystal Room and Casanova the most. Make your reservation for the Baccarat as soon as you get your room number at check-in (not possible before that). No other restaurants require reservations. The Crystal Room is like the Baccarat, but slightly more casual, and the food and service were excellent. Casanova is pretty informal but the food selection is excellent. KImonos is so-so, fast in and fast out. For us Spices was a problem. It was generally open in the morning for Bkfst, and the Casanova was closed (low season). The staff at Spices needs some new training. It is all buffet and I am sure they do not get many "thanks" from the guests, but that is no excuse. Many of the staff at Spices definitely have an "attitude". But, it all worked out.
We also had a problem with our reception upon arrival. We are prior guests (not as much as some!) and were at a Club Level. But our reception was not up to general standard of Sandals. We will, however, compliment Keyshawn; he took over our reception, showed us our room and made things better. If you book reservations upon arrival, just be sure the restaurant gets the reservation. Also, be advised, during the Fall and Winter period, the floor in the room can be a little cold, so bring a pair of slippers. The "fancy" slippers from Sandals are only for Butler level guests - we were so informed.
The wind blew hard during our stay and the service to the Private Island from the Sandals dock was suspended. However, the launch did operate from the main Port area, but, unfortunately Sandals did not notify people of this. We discovered the procedure after the first day. If this happens, see the Bellman Desk first thing in the morning and get your name on the "Bus" list ASAP to get a ride to the launch service. It is worth the effort!
Sandals is still a first class resort. My only observation is that Sandals must be careful that "they" do not develop an "attitude". There are a lot of new resorts (yes, all inclusive) opening up in the Bahamas, and in the Caribbean in general, and guests will not return if they must deal with employees, at a 4/5 star resort, who do not do their job and show an "attitude" to the guests. That also goes for guests - be respectful as always, but, as the saying goes "the customer is always right" (well, usually).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau