“Excellent service and most courteous people” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Save Saved
You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$755 Instant Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent service and most courteous people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at Sandal Royal Bahamian for 6 nights from October 17th in room 525 overlooking the beautiful courtyard. We had a wonderful time, from we got off the bus we were met with cold towels for the heat. Room was spectacular and clean, scenery gorgeous. Lots of beach chairs and clean towels for everyone.
Offshore Island with ferry hourly ferry service, Stewfish Restaurant, Swim-up Bar and the beach was peaceful and very relaxing.Our favorite restaurant to dine was at the Crystal Room - Fantastic Ambiance. Big Shout Out to Darlene the Hostess. She was warm and charming. Love having breakfast and lunch at Spices. Thanks to Latoysa with her charming smile and willingness to help with whatever we needed. Bringing us our Mamosa and flowers from the garden. Big Up to Leroy who made the mouth watering Curried Chicken and Ackee & Saltfish for us by request. Thanks to Rohan (Food & Beverage) who made dining there enjoyable. The Piano Bar is a great hang out spot late night with mixologist Shervin - (alias Fluffy). Whatever mix-up drinks you ask for he gives you. Thanks for the parting shots on our last night. Thanks to Lyndon - Water Sports for the warm hospitality and giving us the history of the hotel.
Signature Guest Returning Dinner was Spectacular from the cocktail hour, to dinner and the band. All the managers were warm and friendly to talk to. Thanks to Patrick, Charles, Donny, Angela, and our Hostess who was sitting at table 5 with us.Thanks to Mark the driver who took us to the airport in style. We had a wonderful time and would recommend this hotel to anyone. We will sure be back soon.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,017)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed for 6 nights beginning October 13th for our honeymoon. This was our first experience with Sandals and the Bahamas.

We loved it! Everything was perfect! The food,room, and service were excellent. All workers provided the most excellent service.

A few that stood out:

Dsario, Jodee, & Craig were our drink servers on the beach/pool area. They were great people to conversate with.

Khetino was one of the bartenders at Cricketers Pub. Great bartender, he is a true example of great customer service.

Conrad at the Fishstew was a great server. He was very nice, friendly, personable, and does a great job at what he does.

All workers at the Bella Napoli Pizzeria were awesome. I can actually go for a piece of that pizza right now. Pizza was delicious!

I was very impressed with all the food at every restaurant even the buffet Spices. The first day we were there I had a really good chicken curry. For some reason, I thought because it was going to be an all inclusive resort; the food would be similar to what you might have on a cruise. I was totally wrong, it was way better.

One of our last few days left, we took a trip into Nassau to go to the Ardastra Gardens, Zoo & Conservation Centre with discounted tickets we got through the resort. It was fun. It gave us a chance to see the Bahamas outside of the resort. We also ate at a nearby restaurant called Oh Andros at the Fish Fry. Fish Fry is a plaza of restaurants that serve true authentic Bahamian food. The people of the Bahamas were very friendly. We were glad we went that day.

Overall, we have no complaints. We had a blast, highly recommend it.

Don't bother with the negative reviews, those people are crazy. If you want to have a fun,relaxing, worry-free vacation, and see a piece of paradise this is the place for you.

We'll definitely go through Sandals and go to the Bahamas again.

Frankfort, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I are 54, the kids are grown, college is paid for, we can travel.
We booked with Melissa at Beach Bum Vacations. I recommend booking with an agent. They can provide options that are difficult if you are booking on your own and the cost to the traveler is the same. It makes your trip much easier.
We flew direct from O'Hare to Nassau. Very easy, just under 3 hours. We were at the resort for lunch. This was the main consideration when planning this trip.The ride from the airport was 10 minutes ( another plus).
First, thus is a Sandals property. You get what you pay for and everything is very nice.
I like to eat. Sandals does it right.
My preferences in order are 1) Baccarat, 2) Stew Fish, 3)Casanova, 4)Crystal Room, 5) Spices, 6) Royal cafe, 7) Cricketers Pub and finally Kimono. Each restaurant has great offerings. The signature is usually the best bet. At Baccarat I ordered two dinners because I wanted to try them both.
Scuba diving
I prefer Sandals because the diving is included. The staff at the dive shop was exceptional. This was one of the safest dive I have ever been on. With 26 dives under my belt I consider myself a novice and I appreciate a well qualified staff. The boat starts loading at 8:30 for a two tank dive. The first dive a little deeper and the second dive under 30 feet. The dive sites are close and plentiful. Wrecks and reefs, lots of fish, cool stuff. I my opinion, they do it safe, they do it right.
Grounds
This property is compact but they have an island 10 minutes away via a quick boat ride. The island is essential or the property would be pretty small. It is a perfect addition.
Staff
Polite, professional, friendly. The staff is not only well trained but you can tell the staff selection is based a hospitable personalities. From the pool boys to the head chef, everyone was available to make the experience pleasant.

The live bands were good, the piano bar was a lot of fun, the play makers were friendly. The fire pits were very relaxing. The hot tubs, not too hot. The pool was a little cool. The ocean is clean and inviting.
Conclusion
Great trip, everything was as expected. I look forward to my next Sandals vacation.

Room Tip: Balmoral tower facing the ocean
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed at the this resort for our 10 year anniversary! We had such a wonderful time. The whole resort was amazing, the service was top notch and the beach was so tranquil. I had read mostly great reviews before we booked, but also a few bad ones...I was afraid we would be disappointed. The resort was more than we could have ever dreamed of. We will definitely be going back!!

• Stayed October 2014
Kingston, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I took this trip with my wife and some friends. It was shortly after our wedding, so a little like a honeymoon/group trip. Some, like us, stayed for a week. others stayed for 3 or 4 nights. I will break down each issue, but the feel I am left with is just horrible service and aggravation detracted greatly from the trip.

1. Service - It was awful. It was awful for the group as a whole and for each individual. See below for a long, and only partial list of issues. If you care at all about service, it may be enough to make this place be a no go.

2. Resort size - The resort itself was nice. It is a good medium size resort. Big enough that you don't feel contained all the time but small enough that you can get from one end to the other without much effort, including findings others without much effort just by walking around (good for groups)

3. Wifi - awful - there is enough of a connection for texting and iphone messaging. you cannot stream video, no facetime, no internet phone calls (viber, magic jack, etc). I had brought a roku, but not even close. I have slingbox (streaming tv) on my iphone and ipad, not even close. It comes free with some rooms, but other level rooms have to pay for it, which is insulting considering the speed.

4. Food - The food was good considering it was an all inclusive, definitely on the better end of the ones I have stayed at. But don't be fooled. There is no restaurant that will be a memorable meal in terms of food quality, and I found the food to be a little inconsistent in that it depended on what you ordered, so it is impossible to say any one restaurant is great. For breakfast, there is a buffet (spices) and an order off the menu. They seem to serve the same items, so just go to the buffet. Buffet was average but solid. We found the Japanese and the Italian to be the best of the food. Big issue is that mid afternoon, like 3 or 4, there is a gap where it is tough to find any food, and really in general tough to find snacks. They have pizza and hamburgers out on the deck, but you get tired of the same items all the time, and even that closes in the afternoon prior to other places being open.

5. Rooms - the group stayed in the balmoral and Windsor towers. no one stayed at royal village. The Balmoral is generally considered by the group as "nicer and newer" but I thought all levels of rooms were fine. The upgrades definitely do affect the view, whether you have a balcony and sometimes the size. Again, I found the rooms to be fine, but nothing memorable. So the only memorable part is if you upgrade to get a room with a view. I will say that if you choose Windsor and face the pool side, when we were there, the Windsor was the party pool, with loud music and someone constantly talking on the microphone, and the balmoral pool was quiet. So book accordingly. The Windsor on the other side was fine.

6. The private island - For some in the group, this was an awesome addition. You can take a boat over there (or we kayaked there one day). It was a 4 minute boat ride, less than 1 mile. A nice little extra thing to do where they also have a restaurant, pool and bar. Again, neat, and some in the group loved it.

7. Beach - The beach in front of the resort is OK. chairs were old and some broken and not all that comfortable. There were rocks that cut down the swimming area. And there was a lot of seaweed. Not the resorts fault, but it is what it is. Under your feet and on the shore. Bonus was that the Island had a great beach. Bigger, quieter, no seaweed near the shore or swimming area, and tended to be less choppy. So again this is why island got such high praise.

8. Activities - one of our group loved the scuba - he got certified there and went almost daily - he loved it and it was free to dive (not get certified) The ocean items, like the kayaks, were fine, but it was annoying that even on one calm day they said too choppy to use them. As a bonus, we wondered to the royal village area in the back of the resort where we found 2 tennis courts, shuffleboard and bocce, etc. and it was very quiet in the back area. So it seems that could be very nice for those who like those activities. Also made me think the smaller villas of the royal village would be a nice quiet place, although no views of beach, pool or ocean.

9. other amenities - there is a piano bar, which many found to be a great time - there is a pub which had sports on which was nice - ps fish and chips were awful to say the least - one big positive is that there are a lot of cozy little private seating areas all around - so wherever you are at the resort, a couple or a small group can have a place to hang out and have their own little space

10. one member of the group got the butler suite - the butlers were awesome for them. unfortunately it is significantly more expensive, and the service the butlers provide is the type of service I would generally expect from normal employees of a resort (excepting the complete individual attention)

So it comes back to service - here were our issues:
-check in was slow and quite frankly very late. some rooms were not ready until 4:00 or later
-we had a room with a fully stocked fridge and several bottles of hard alcohol. This was great until you tried to get any of it refilled. Repeated calls over the week got answered and assured it would be refilled. But no one could ever offer to bring anything right away (like when I wanted it to drink with lunch) and not even that day. So it was not refilled daily maybe every 2 to 3 days and that was with calls
-same issue with in room coffee - none there when we got there and 2 days to bring some to us to make in the morning
-One member of group had headphones stolen out of his room - a police report was made, but no immediate resolution
-we had our electronic items moved and safe opened. it was realized when we also reported it as part of report with our friend and the headphones. we indicated that it seemed our safe had been opened, the code changed, and items put into safe that we left out. we were told it was protocol when the maid sees the safe left open - she is to call security and they inventory the safe and secure other items left out in the room, then they relock the safe. However, no one left a note that this was done, no one called or informed us, and we only found out by accident because my friend was reporting his issue to security. I also am meticulous, and doubt I did not lock the safe, but certainly would never leave it "open" - so if it were closed, the maid checks to see if it were locked? and why did the other rooms (like my friend and his left out headphones) not get this protocol
-towels - somehow at a beach resort, towels are at a premium and scarce. you have to get your own out of towel bins, and the bins are very often empty. go to the island, and forget it, the towel bin was always empty there. one afternoon we were told for over an hour that the "towels are in the dryer" and we never got a towel. just frustrating
-service at restaurants - our meals were the longest meals ever - at times we got up, found pitchers of water and refilled our own glasses - meals took forever - for the group, they often served some of us our entrée 15 minutes before others got theirs. the restaurant at the island took 15 min to seat us although empty - and took another over 1 hour for hamburgers - which came out RARE, and while I like med rare, these were not done enough to eat. One member of group had their sandwich so late so said she would have it to go. it was taken back to counter. another waiter took it and served it to another guest. that guest picked it up and before taking a bite said this is not what I ordered. so the burger was taken back to the counter and then put in a to go container and served to my friend. shocking.
-the concierge - it is great to have a button on the phone to call one - but about 75% of the time it rang and rang and then went to some weird message
-room service - the menu is very small - again no real snacks - when we ordered the fruit and veggie items, we got like 6 total pieces in a small glass? and when I asked if they could also bring a drink, they said no, the concierge is in charge of that
-one member got there at noon - they waiting all day for their room - apparently 2 days earlier the prior guest had "trashed the room" - so why wasn't this issue resolved when no one was in it for a day?- I think they got into the room at like 6? then had to get ready and come right to dinner - after dinner they found bugs and when someone arrived it was implied that bugs only come when you leave food out so that is what you must have done - they were not even in the room to have any time for food - they finally after a lot of headache met with a manager the next day - he offered a few nights free for a future stay and said no blackout dates or restrictions, it will just be a credit off a future booking - when they got the voucher it was full of restrictions
-they were changing TVs in the resort. one day after lunch we come to find 3 males in our room changing a TV - the day before we were checking out - no warning - I do not want random people in my room all the time - no excuse here
-upon leaving, they came to pick up my bags 4 hours prior to place departure - I was not ready and they said they would come back in 30 minutes - they never did - I was going to take my own bags down when a maid said leave them, someone is coming to get them. I got down to the van to go to the airport 3 hours prior to plane departure (that is way too early) and no bags. I asked where they were and I someone looked at the list and said they are not here, someone went to pick them up and they weren't ready and there was no plan for a follow up.
-my headphone friend still did not have the police report he wanted. He told the bus people as he went in search of someone who can help. The bus then was going to pull away without him and I had to tell them to stop.

That is just most of the issues as I am sure there are others as well. Bottom line is that I found it to be a nice resort, and a lot of positives. But as the price is not cheap, the everyday service issues made for an annoying trip. From a money perspective, the value here is if you eat and drink a lot. There are many other resorts out there that would have better food and service and if you paid for what you actually eat and drink, I think enough is built in to the daily price that you would not spend more to pay as you go.

Final result is that the food and amenities in general are above average for an all inclusive, but substandard for a regular resort. Service is about as bad in every way from anywhere I have ever been on vacation, and is a must for sandals to improve. Had this been half the price, I might be able to justify the issues as you get what you pay for, but this is too expensive to be this way.

I did give sandals a chance to respond to my issues, but while I get plenty of solicitation emails from them, getting a responsive email to an complaint is, not surprisingly, tough to get.

Room Tip: There are 3 areas - Balmoral, Windsor, Royal Village. There is then regular, club level and butler...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed for 9 nights beginning October 10th. We have been to many Sandals and Beaches properties in the past and we even visited this same resort back in 2005 and 2007. We are always happy with our Sandals vacations but, were so impressed by the enhancements to the property and the remarkable attention to detail in the service we received on this trip! Sandals, you keep impressing us so we will always keep coming back for more.
Casanova's was by far our favorite restaurant in the resort. Make sure to get there early because the wait time can get rather long as the night goes on. The antipasto bar was superb. They will give you gluten free pasta and other options for your meal so be sure to ask your server if you have a gluten or other food allergy. They do a great job accommodating!

We also loved Baccarat's for dinner and for breakfast. They brought me gluten free toast with my breakfast and dinner and they even did the same for us at Spice's too!

Order room service if you are like me and need your coffee before you can leave your room each day ( ha ha.) The coffee is delicious! Its called Blue Mountain coffee and they will bring it in a thermos as early as 7 AM for you. The only thing you have to do is remember to call in your order the day prior before 5 PM. The breakfast always came on time to our room and once again, they were sensitive to my requests for my gluten free toast. The eggs, ham, bacon, pastries and other goodies were wonderful too. Your breakfast, lunch and dinner as room service are all included too.
The Royal Café even had more options this time around with Mahi Mahi and a nacho and salad bar. Stewfish was a romantic evening on the pier of the private island listening to the waves crash. Service at Stewfish was incredible and fast. I was impressed that even when the boat was ready to bring us back nobody was rushed through their desserts and we all were encouraged to relax and enjoy. Banana pudding was yummy and drinks were plentiful!
Do the wine tasting on Friday's at 12:30 in the Balmoral Lounge. It was so much fun!
The entertainment at night was outstanding! I especially loved the saxophonist, the steel drums, the Junkenoo parade, and the dancers in the Royal Theatre. Those dancers were a thrill to watch! Don't miss their show and the chocolate buffett with chocolate fountain and chocolate martinis!
If you are a Signature Guest (as we are) be sure to RSVP and attend the signature guest dinner. That was one of the best meals of the trip! Hors douvres were delicious especially the cocktail meatballs! Mushroom soup was amazing. The beef was cooked perfectly too! And the band was very good. We danced the night way.
We never had any problem finding a secluded hot Jacuzzi or a hammock to lounge on day or night. So, you can definitely find quiet areas.
Drinks at the pool bars were strong and we love that. So I encouraged that whenever possible. Lots of rum in my pina colada made for an even better trip. Great bartenders!
A few shout outs to outstanding Sandals staff members here although I know I'm not getting all of you, please forgive me. All of you were amazing! -
Hosea at the activities pool bar, Dario and Ometri at Casanova's, Shawn at the Cricketer's pub, Clayton at Baccarat and Elizabeth at the photo shop all helped to make our trip the best ever!

One side note, we really respect the professionalism and the discreetness of the Sandals staff with guests who are disruptive, immature or just plain unruly. Unfortunately there were a few in the crowd who were behaving less than appropriately at the resort and we could not help but notice how wonderful and just "on the ball" the Sandals staff was at addressing these problems right away. But, not in a way that would ruin anybody's fun. Bravo to you Sandals for working to make the resort peaceful and relaxing for all guests to enjoy. I also noticed an increase in security presence. These days that is so much appreciated and necessary. Thank you for keeping all your guests safe at all times. It means so much to me. I can't wait to return soon.

Also, the mattress was great in the room and plenty of pillows (soft and firm.) I slept like a rock the entire time. The hallways were are all kept spotless and quiet throughout the night.

Tip: If you are going to get a massage ask to have it out on the private island! It was amazingly relaxing!

Also, do the photo session! My husband and I love our pictures! They came out better than our wedding pictures did 12 years ago and they were a very good deal!

Room Tip: Windsor Tower is especially cool with brand new AC system. Also, it has a newer décor and is very b...
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and I went to the SRB for our 22nd wedding anniversary, we were given an upgrade from our original room as it didn't have much for a view and the generator was quite noisy, the upgrade was terrific, great view, stocked bar with wine and champagne, the Director if Guest Services, Angela did a fantastic job to make our stay there memorable. The dining was excellent and the staff were all very helpful and extremely pleasant. The beach was perfect, it was kept nice and clean and never a problem finding a cabana, the Balmoral pool was our choice of the 2 pools, it was very relaxing, with plenty of loungers available. My wife especially liked the traditional English tea and scones at 4pm daily, the Balmoral room was great with lots of history of the British monarchy present, she also enjoyed the full works treatment at the Re Lane Spa. The final touches were great when Angela came to say goodbye to the guests on our departure and arranged a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce to drive us to the airport. Great job to all the staff, I would recommend SRB to family and friends.

Room Tip: The north east rooms in the Balmoral tower are close to the generator and maintenance buildings and...