“Don't bother” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Save Saved
You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $755 Air Credit!!
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just returned from bahamas, things went bad right from the start, I was told that there were no first floor rooms even though we had asked in advance, I was worried about stairs, they said Unless we took a downgraded room there was nothing, they seemed angry that we were asking for certain area an offered no help which I thought was so odd as the hotel was very empty, we arrived at 10 am an were told we could take the room that was cheaper than we paid for or wait till after 3, this is what we did wait, an were finely given a room on the second floor with no view at all as trees were in our way u could not see any thing at all, they said we will move u tomorrow, I never heard another word about that, we had trouble getting any dinner reservations, they did them at the desk when we arrived an were told they had nothing every night till after 930 or 10 an most were full all week. I later changed these as I was told that mabe they could pull strings an help however most resterants were half full so no idea why that was a problem! When we did get our room they mentioned how there was no one in this area right now an room had been empty, so no reason to have made us wait, I had asked over an over as we did not have our bags so unable to change clothes, no one was helpfull an manager at desk Tatiana was very rude don't ask for help from her. the biggest problem however was constant party's from people brought in, by the bus load there were at least two a day, this would have been ok but they stopped all entertainment because of this, all staff were busy with party's, in closing when I am paying these prices the entertainment is important! Very disappointed !

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors or there is no view at all
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (973)
  • Polish first
Prospect, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have visited the Sandals Royal Bahamian several times and always look forward to our return. This time we celebrated my husband's birthday. We always start our stay with a massage at the Red Lane Spa and enjoyed a wonderful stone massage with Donella & Rachelle. That surely relaxed us for a great stay. We returned to the Red Lane on our last full day to have Donella & Betsey give us a couples massage to preparing us for the next day's return home. We would highly recommend visiting the spa and these talented therapists. We also had very delicious meals prepared by Chef Tommy at the Baccarat Restaurant. Lastly, we always look forward to returning to our butler team of Dianna & Chiquita. They never leaving us wanting for anything! We can't wait for our next return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

- it's not as good as other sandals(mediocre) .
-they don't change the glasses in your room. They just wash it under the sink!

- staff is lazy until you give them a tip.
- the candle light dinner was amazing- server Stephen the best.
- manager Michelle was the most amazing person you will ever meet.
- Bruno is the most helpful person and always smiling.
Look for these 3 people. They make your vacation much more pleasant.

• Stayed September 2014
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Even though the weather wasn't the best every day we had an amazing trip together and enjoyed some amazing off shore snorkeling. Must give a big shout out to some hard workers at the resort. Deanagelo was our server for our private candle light dinner who was very personable and always had a smile on their face. Sandra from the front desk went above and beyond to help ensure we had our honeymoon registration completed and with a big smile spent 25 min on the phone with headquarters. Tyrell the bar tender from the island off shore bar was also another bar tender that always had a smile and made amazing drinks where other bar tenders there didn't bust the butt as hard. Minus a few incidences with the concierge service not providing correct restaurant information they always picked up the phone. We will defiantly look to return soon but in hopes next time they will treat all the same even if we don't have the butler service- we all paid to be there and have a good time :)

Cheshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here at this lovely hotel. This was our first time at a Sandals resort and overall I would say it is of a good standard for an all inclusive hotel.
We especially enjoyed the offshore island which was very peaceful and the sea was beautiful.
Our room was in the Balmoral tower, beachfront penthouse Butler suite. The room was pleasantly decorated and had a large balcony with a fantastic sea view.

Having the Butler service really made our vacation a special experience, from being picked up in a Mercedes from the airport, a glass of champagne on arrival at the hotel, a quick and very efficient check in and then being escorted to our room. I really want thank our Butlers Dillon, Antonio and Everette who did everything they could to make our stay an unforgettable experience, from beautiful turndown services, decorating our tables at dinner, and treats left in our room and much more, thank you again for making this the most the most special vacation.

The hotel is set in beautiful grounds, both pool areas are very good, the piano bar and patio area outside are lovely. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful everywhere. The food and drinks are of a good standard and wide variety.

Only one complaint the sun bed cushions look quite stained especially on our balcony, and our balcony looked like it needed a good clean.

However this is a great place to stay and we really look forward to returning.
A big thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Balmoral tower beachfront has spectacular sea view and is quiet.
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

September 1st was my fiancé birthday and as I had organized many things to do on this day to celebrate his birthday I thought of an idea to prepare an itinerary and present it to him the day before his b-day. One of the events planned was to purchase evening passes and to have a Private Candlelit Dinner for Two at the Sandals Resort. Amongst all of the plans made he enjoyed this the most. We are local Bahamians who truly appreciated and enjoyed EVERY service rendered. Thank you Tiko from Sales for organizing such a memorable experience, you were very accommodating and I cannot forget about Stephen our waiter who greeted us with a long stemmed rose for me and a Happy B-day card for my fiancé. We did a photo shoot as well, our photographer was really great and photos came out ver nice as we purchased a package. After dinner we went to watch the show and I must say that the performance level of the Entertainment staff is very high, awesome dancing, great job. Overall we love the property as it is very clean and well kept. Superior customer service is what was given and because of that I will return.

Thank you to the entire team for making my fiancé birthday spectacular!

canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Now that the weather has turned cooler, my thoughts are of the great time we had last winter at the Royal Bahamian. This was our second trip to this resort. We were there in 2011 and enjoyed our stay but my husband had the flu and couldn't appreciate all the resort had to offer. Our main purpose of travelling to the Caribbean is to go snorkeling. We loved that we could book a trip everyday on the boat. We always bring our own gear so we could snorkel from the beach on the far side of the offshore island. The resort only allows their equipment to be used on the boat trips. My husband's favourite saying when we got home was, "Did I tell you I saw 3 turtles?" Saw my first lion fish and also a barracuda.
The first trip we had a room in the Balmoral tower. This time we were on the second floor of one of the villas in the Royal Village. Have to say I much preferred the villa for its peacefulness and large room. We also liked the fact the restaurants were close and we didn't have to wait for elevators. The big balcony was really nice but since we spent most of our time on the island, we didn't use it as much as I had planned to.
We were able to visit all the restaurants and my favourites were Baccarat and Spices. We didn't experience a bad meal all the time we were there. I fondly remember the steak at Casanova and the creme brule at Baccarat. The soups were pretty awesome, too.
I'm always surprised when I read about unfriendly staff, on this site. We found all of the staff to go out of their way to be friendly and accommodating.
We were there for the Superbowl party. It was even bigger than the last time we were there. The resort went all out to show their guests a good time. Too bad the game hadn't been better.
There are 2 large pools, one heated and one not. I enjoyed floating around on the mat having the heated pool mostly to myself. The other pool was great to sit by and read in the quiet.
Be sure to take a bus to the downtown. You can catch it right outside the resort and it is cheap.The straw market is huge with lots of choices of gifts to haul back to kids and grandkids. We visited the Pirate Museum in 2011 and it was interesting.
The Bahamas are beautiful and you can't go wrong with Sandals. I would go back in a minute!

Room Tip: loved being in one of the villas at the rear of the resort...quiet with lovely gardens and small poo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple