“We had a fabulous time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Save Saved
You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $755 Air Credit!!
Ranked #2 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“We had a fabulous time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here at this lovely hotel. This was our first time at a Sandals resort and overall I would say it is of a good standard for an all inclusive hotel.
We especially enjoyed the offshore island which was very peaceful and the sea was beautiful.
Our room was in the Balmoral tower, beachfront penthouse Butler suite. The room was pleasantly decorated and had a large balcony with a fantastic sea view.

Having the Butler service really made our vacation a special experience, from being picked up in a Mercedes from the airport, a glass of champagne on arrival at the hotel, a quick and very efficient check in and then being escorted to our room. I really want thank our Butlers Dillon, Antonio and Everette who did everything they could to make our stay an unforgettable experience, from beautiful turndown services, decorating our tables at dinner, and treats left in our room and much more, thank you again for making this the most the most special vacation.

The hotel is set in beautiful grounds, both pool areas are very good, the piano bar and patio area outside are lovely. We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful everywhere. The food and drinks are of a good standard and wide variety.

Only one complaint the sun bed cushions look quite stained especially on our balcony, and our balcony looked like it needed a good clean.

However this is a great place to stay and we really look forward to returning.
A big thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Balmoral tower beachfront has spectacular sea view and is quiet.

5,238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (972)
  • Polish first
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

September 1st was my fiancé birthday and as I had organized many things to do on this day to celebrate his birthday I thought of an idea to prepare an itinerary and present it to him the day before his b-day. One of the events planned was to purchase evening passes and to have a Private Candlelit Dinner for Two at the Sandals Resort. Amongst all of the plans made he enjoyed this the most. We are local Bahamians who truly appreciated and enjoyed EVERY service rendered. Thank you Tiko from Sales for organizing such a memorable experience, you were very accommodating and I cannot forget about Stephen our waiter who greeted us with a long stemmed rose for me and a Happy B-day card for my fiancé. We did a photo shoot as well, our photographer was really great and photos came out ver nice as we purchased a package. After dinner we went to watch the show and I must say that the performance level of the Entertainment staff is very high, awesome dancing, great job. Overall we love the property as it is very clean and well kept. Superior customer service is what was given and because of that I will return.

Thank you to the entire team for making my fiancé birthday spectacular!

canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Now that the weather has turned cooler, my thoughts are of the great time we had last winter at the Royal Bahamian. This was our second trip to this resort. We were there in 2011 and enjoyed our stay but my husband had the flu and couldn't appreciate all the resort had to offer. Our main purpose of travelling to the Caribbean is to go snorkeling. We loved that we could book a trip everyday on the boat. We always bring our own gear so we could snorkel from the beach on the far side of the offshore island. The resort only allows their equipment to be used on the boat trips. My husband's favourite saying when we got home was, "Did I tell you I saw 3 turtles?" Saw my first lion fish and also a barracuda.
The first trip we had a room in the Balmoral tower. This time we were on the second floor of one of the villas in the Royal Village. Have to say I much preferred the villa for its peacefulness and large room. We also liked the fact the restaurants were close and we didn't have to wait for elevators. The big balcony was really nice but since we spent most of our time on the island, we didn't use it as much as I had planned to.
We were able to visit all the restaurants and my favourites were Baccarat and Spices. We didn't experience a bad meal all the time we were there. I fondly remember the steak at Casanova and the creme brule at Baccarat. The soups were pretty awesome, too.
I'm always surprised when I read about unfriendly staff, on this site. We found all of the staff to go out of their way to be friendly and accommodating.
We were there for the Superbowl party. It was even bigger than the last time we were there. The resort went all out to show their guests a good time. Too bad the game hadn't been better.
There are 2 large pools, one heated and one not. I enjoyed floating around on the mat having the heated pool mostly to myself. The other pool was great to sit by and read in the quiet.
Be sure to take a bus to the downtown. You can catch it right outside the resort and it is cheap.The straw market is huge with lots of choices of gifts to haul back to kids and grandkids. We visited the Pirate Museum in 2011 and it was interesting.
The Bahamas are beautiful and you can't go wrong with Sandals. I would go back in a minute!

Room Tip: loved being in one of the villas at the rear of the resort...quiet with lovely gardens and small poo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We relocated to this hotel at the last minute after arriving at our original hotel which was shabby and out dated. We found our stay at the Royal Bahamian to be relaxing, fun, comfortable with lots to do in an idyllic setting. We had one of the suites on the ground floor near the swimming pool. The quality of the room was extremely high and the staff worked hard to keep our fridge well stocked and the suite clean. The private island beach was stunning and we did not have a problem finding a sun bed to lie on. The beach had white sand and clear blue water - it was paradise.

The restaurant choices were good, our favourite was Bacarat (the French restaurant) but Casanova and the Crystal Room also did lovely food. We didn't get bored with the choices and were served champagne every day with our meals as part of the All Inclusive package.

Overall we found the service to be very high, of course some members of staff were a little miffed about being at work but in the main everybody was extremely friendly, helpfully and cheerful. Things happen a little slowly at times but we figured that was the Bahamian way and we both benefitted from the slower pace - we were on holiday after all!

We paid for a resort diving course, this was great fun although we did find the staff at the water sports kiosks to be a little unfriendly and disinterested. However, despite this the quality of the dive instruction was good and we both felt safe to go out and see the the world beneath the sea. My partner did lots of snorkelling around the private island. He saw lots of beautiful fish,including seeing a turtle on one of his trips and said it was some of the best snorkelling he has ever done.

We were given a couples massage as a present from our family. We had the massage on the private island looking out over the sea. It was heaven. Nothing more to say about it.

We can't speak more highly of the Royal Bahamian, we had high hopes for our holiday in the Bahamas and this hotel did not disappoint us in any way. It was truly romantic and we felt extremely rested and revived at the end of our two week stay. We will definitely be planning a trip back to a Sandals hotel in the future.

Room Tip: The suites in by the Windsor pool were beautiful, good access to he pool, yet private and secluded.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We recently traveled to this resort for the first time in August of 2014. We had the Butler service. With this service you get picked up from the airport in a Rolls Royce or a S550 Mercedes Benz. From the time you check in at the Sandals check-in at the airport, you will never touch your bags again. Upon arrival to the resort, you are met by your Buutler for the day & we stayed in the Winsor Tower. We had the private pool outside our patio door. We had 3 Butlers, Mark, Corey, & Melissa. REQUEST THEM THEY ARE GREAT. You are given a cellphone upon your arrival, & your Butler is just a phone call away. Whatever you want, they will take care of it. The resort is very clean & the staff is GREAT & friendly. Also, my wife planned a SURPRISE birthday dinner for me on the beach. I needed a haircut to look good for my birthday pictures, so our Butler brought me a barber to my suite. Turned out the barber was also our Butler for my surprise dinner on the beach that evening. His name is Scott. Scott really set the mood for my birthday. Candle light dinner with tiki torches around the table, and soft music really set the tone. EXCELLENT touch & everything Scott did that evening will stay with me for a lifetime. We highly recommend you stay here & we highly recommend the Butler service. Lastly, we were also here for our friends wedding. The wedding was on the beach which was handled with CLASS. JOB WELL DONE. We will be going back.

Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We recently stayed four nights in the Balmoral Honeymoon Oceanview Club Level Room. This was our first stay at this resort, but our third stay at a Sandals Resort. We really enjoyed this resort and would definitely recommend it. The staff were wonderful. I had read reviews that made it sound like the staff was inattentive and in fact rude, however that was not our experience. We actually found that the staff were very friendly. Here is my breakdown of our experience:

Airport Arrival - We checked in at the airport Sandals lounge, where they tagged our luggage and then we had to take our luggage to the shuttle van. The drive to the resort was short and quick..

Check In - : We were me with cold towels and warm welcomes then escorted to the Club Lounge for check-in. This time of year is their low season, so there were few people checking in along with us. Our room was not ready, but we arrived earlier than 3pm. We had lunch and went back to the lounge to find out were the hospitality room was located, but our room was ready!

Room - The room had a great view and a wonderful balcony. The room was a comfortable size and recently updated. Very clean. Housekeeping usually came by twice a day, with the first service being after lunch and the second service around 5:30pm.

Pool and beach - We had no problem finding lounge chairs or towels. The resort was not sold out and I can see how it might be an issue during busier seasons. Although there seemed to be more than enough lounges on the beach. Both the beach and the pools seemed clean.

Private Island - Loved it! Great snorkeling if you bring your own gear. The conch fritters at the island restaurant were delicious.

Water sports - we paddle boarded and took two snorkel trips. We had planned on scuba diving and I had called the resort to find out if there were any restrictions as we hadn't had a dive in a couple of years. They said we would just need to jump in the pool with an instructor for about 15 mins and show that we still knew how to clear our mask, etc., and there was no charge for that. Well.....when we got there they said we would have to do the pool refresher for $80/person. That was a disappointment, especially because I had called ahead so we wouldn't have issues like this. We could have done a quick dive at home had I known....We didn't dive and that again was disappointing.

Restaurants - Baccarat was our favorite for breakfast and dinner (Alexander was awesome), we also like the Crystal Room (Rashad was also great). We ate at Spices for the breakfast buffet and liked it. The Pizzeria by the pool was good, but took about 45 mins to get a pizza. We also tried the Royal Cafe for burgers and the Stewfish at the private island, both were good. We saw Valerie at pretty much every restaurant we went to or so it seemed, she is awesome!

Club Level - Had some nice perks in addition to the in-room amenities. We loved the free wifi and it quick enough. Having the mini bar stocked was also nice. There was a separate snorkel trip for club level and a trip to the straw market with a stop at a rum distillery. There were a couple other club level events like a wine and cheese tasting that we didn't have time to attend.

Entertainment - They had plenty of entertainment scheduled. We would pop in to see what was going on and it usually seemed a little boring to us so we never stayed long.

Overall we had a really nice time at this Sandals resort. I would recommend it. It seems more like an entry level Sandals as compared to The Grande in Ocho Rios, but in fairness it is a smaller resort than The Grande

Lindenhurst, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I just returned from 7 nights 6 days at the Royal Bahamian Sandals Resort in Bahamas. We took the butler service and I must say we had the best Butlers especially Moral. The food was average but the resort was awesome. Our Butlers went above and beyond what we expected. We were walked to dinner with rose petals thrown at our feet. I felt like a princess. If we didnt want to eat at a restaurant our Butler brought the food to our room and we ate out on our private deck and listened to the waves crash on the beach as we ate. What is great is all the food & drinks are included. We tipped very generously to our Butlers as they worked their butts off. We were able to get taxi drivers right away as the Butler would call up for us and it was safe to explore the Island of Bahamas. There is swim up bars and they have a private island that you take a boat to and that was also very nice. They have a spa on premises and we did utilize that and both me and my husband got a massage. I would go back to this resort!!!

Room Tip: We had room 115 it was steps away from a hot tub and overlooked the beach.