My husband and I booked this long weekend simply as a quick get away to refuel our gas tanks from our corporate America life. We have traveled to numerous adults-only, all-inclusive resorts before and we're not expecting perfection.....just a few days in the sun, beautiful ocean, good drinks and no drama from resorts with children around: that's exactly what we got.
I agree with the other comments I've seen, the food isn't great by any means. Some meals I left hungry because I didn't like my food. That being said, Baccarat restaurant was great and the service from Vincent, was the best we had in the restaurants. But again, we didn't go to the Bahamas to have 5-star dining experiences....we could have stayed home for that. Remember the crystal blue waters?? Yeah.....THAT, AND they have a private beach island that is a 2 minute boat-ride away, with cabanas, swim-up bar and restaurant. That's why you go to the Bahamas.
The best part of the trip (outside of the ocean) were our butlers......getting a butler suite was WELL worth the price. Serente, Orlando and Moral were assigned to us and were amazing, professional, hysterical and made us feel like we were royalty. A special thank you to Vincent, the butler who was not assigned to us, yet treated us like gold every time we saw him.
Why butlers you ask?? Private transportation to and from the airport (if you are like me, I don't handle crowded, smelly buses very well), assistance with luggage, a person assigned to you that can get you anything you want and ANY time (complete with small cell phone given to you for such requests) reserved cabanas on the private island and they can walk you to dinner so that you get to eat in whatever restaurant you want, even if no reservations are available.
Bottom line is besides the beautiful crystal blue waters, Serente, Orlando and Moral (and Vincent) made our trip well worth it......thank you guys for being so fun, so welcoming and, although my husband does a pretty good job of it, you made me feel like a princess. Sandals.....don't lose these guys, they are contributing to your bottom line more than you know!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau