Having never been to a sandals we paid a lot of money to spend 12 nights here and to be honest we did expect more. We have been to many all inclusive adults only resorts for less money and have received far better service and food.
Good points - staff are very friendly, shervin and dion in the piano bar were excellent and always kept your drink full. Richard who worked round the pool was always polite and helpful. Bullet and Kendall the playmakers were great fun and interacted well with guests. All other staff were very friendly.
Pizzas and afternoon tea were lovely, the beach is beautiful and the island is a nice getaway. We enjoyed our time around the pool and baccarat restaurant was amazing- order the beef as it was delicious ! The piano bar and sing along at night was fun too.
Loved the two sweet cats we occasionally saw ! they were very popular with all the guests ! It's great to see resort staff are kind to them and makes such a difference compared to other resorts. (And they keep other cats/rodents away)
Bad points- the food was really not great. The first night in the Italian the anti pasti was great but my pasta was a cold congealed lump that was really not edible. Spices was ok but all pre cooked food in heated containers. Nothing is cooked fresh as all courses will come out within seconds. I also got horrendous food poisoning for 3 days from the crab sandwich at the grill so be warned as I heard other guests the following day saying they had been sick since eating there.... I would say baccarat and crystal room were the best of the restaurants.
Our mini bar in our room was never restocked. The spirits were about a quarter full when we arrived. The staff member who showed us to our room said he would get them changed. They weren't but when we had finished them we had to call for 6 days to get them replaced.... The corridor outside the room was always dirty and looked like it had never been hoovered and the turn down service was hit and miss. The pool water was always quite dirty and looked like it needed cleaning more at night as some days it was full of scum and dead flies.
Other points, we headed to nassau town on the bus for $1.25. We looked in the straw market and other touristy shops and bought a few bits. If you are there please think twice about taking a surrey horse and cart ride. It was scorching on the day we were there, the horses looked emaciated and could barely pull the carts. There was no water/food for them that we could see and they were in the middle of nassau in all the smog and fumes. I was told they have a miserable existence there :( I know other guests felt the same.
Beach is stunning at sandals and we enjoyed the piano bar but the resort could be so much better if the food and service was a better level ! Not worth the thousands we paid sadly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau