Spent a week here November 16th-23rd.
We had an oceanfront club room in the Balmoral Tower (#309). Room had a great view however it was extremely small!! During the check in process we were informed that we were going to be given a complimentary "upgrade" in another section of the resort (and it was not beachfront).We had booked beachfront club level in the Balmoral tower at $6700 for the week so we were not sure how that was an upgrade. When we refused their so called "upgrade" and asked for the room we booked they informed us that they didn't have that room to give us until the next day. When we got upset with this they all of a sudden had room 309 in the Balmoral tower. We are still not sure to this day if we got what we paid for??? I suspect we should of had a room on a higher floor and also not a corner room (which are smaller). We were never able to confirm.
The first 2 days at this resort we were so very diappointed. Service was nonexsistent and the food was mediocre at best. The buffet at spices(only buffet and only at breakfast and lunch) is very small and choice is limited. We had to chase someone down for coffee more than once, no cups at the cappiccino machine, tables left dirty and not cleared, cats eating off of those tables, empty food bowls in the buffet not replinished and so on. On our 3rd morning while waiting for coffee a man named Gary was clearing tables. I asked him if he was a manager and he said that he was the Manager of food and beverage. I asked him if he had a few minutes to sit and talk with us and he did. We shared our disappointment with him about the food and the lack of service and some of the conversations we were having with other guests about their disappointment. He listened and took notes. At the end of the conversation he assured us that he was going to do his best to turn our vacation around for us if he had to see to it himeslf. And he did. He made all of our dinner reservations at the times we wanted (even though we were told that they were booked up) and he even saw to it that we and another couple we met there had a complimentary dinner at Gordon's on the Pier (which is not included unless you have butler rooms and is an addtional $140 per couple). From that day on staff seemed to step up their game. Coffee came promptly and tables were cleared for other guests to sit down. Staff were friendlier and attentive. The quality of the food however remained hit and miss!!
For the week we were there I watched Gary carry plates, clear tables, serve coffee etc..things you would think that the manager shouldn't be doing. He checked in with us every day to ensure we had what we needed. We even recieved a bottle of wine and fruit plate to our room with a letter of apology. This was all very much appreciated. Our thanks go out to Gary because he did turn our vacation around for us.
Would we go back? Absolutely not. Do we reccommend? Definately not. We travel twice a year to all inclusive resorts (November and February). We have stayed for less money and have had way better service and food. Although the resort is pretty and well maintained it did not meet our expectations. Although Gary was able to turn things around we should not of had to complain to get that kind of service. I felt bad complaining but $6700 is a lot of coin to spend to be disappointed. And the "upgrade" offer at checkin because they didn't have the room we actually paid for has left a bad taste with us. The beach is small and if you are like us and enjoy walking the beach, this is not the place for you. The private island is nice but nothing special to get you to wait in a line up on the pier and go back more than once. (they actually only have use of half of this island). There is only one bathroom on the island and if you need to go it is a long walk back. Other guests told us that the Sandals White House in Jamaica was way better (although we will not book Sandals again). It's back to the Mayan Riviera (Playa Del Carmen Mexico) for us!!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Amex, Orbitz, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.