This was our first Sandals experience and a big thank you to Trip advisor for the previous reviews which were very helpful and mostly accurate in describing this Five Star resort. It is a shame that the Sandals UK office does not offer and provide the quality service that guests receive at the resort, as our first day was a disaster due to us not getting the room and service that we had paid for despite triple checking before we left England (will try booking via USA next time, its also cheaper) , but once the nightmare was over...well it was welcome to Paradise
The room we eventually got after 24 hours, was not the Oceanfront penthouse suite at the Balmoral tower with spectacular views, which you have to see to believe, though our 1 bedroom suite in the Windsor building, was spacious, luxury without being luxurious, well decorated, bright and extremely clean, as is the whole resort. Our view from the room, was a mix of the "loud pool", (which was not that loud at all) and the sparkling sea, looking out to Sandals very own Island, which is just a must visit.
We read a number of reviews on Trip Advisor Re the food & beverage.
Working in London we become complacent with so many fine restaurants. Well, we were simply blown away by the quality of the food. Top of the list has to be Bacarat, the French restaurant (yipes as an Englishman am I really placing French food at the top!) Bacarat is top quality French cuisine, prepared by a top chef who knows how to prepare and deliver quality food to his guests. The Japanese restaurant a la Benihana style cooking was staggeringly good, with the Sushi, some of the freshest we have ever had and better than we enjoyed in Tokyo last year. Gordons on the pier was good but the experience of eating with your partner in solitude on the beach is too good to miss, its a must. The Cassanova Italian was excellent, the Crystal room good. The main breakfast was served daily in the Spices restaurant and the amazing Glenda, orchestrated the venue, with precision, grace, style and a smile in ensuring every guest was seated quickly in order to enjoy a breakfast, full of freshly baked cakes, fresh fruit, eggs to order, fully cooked breakfast...etc
WE paid for the Butler service, therefore reservations were not an issue for us, however we suggest that you organise your schedule as soon as you arrive and get a feel for the place.
Yes we decided to go all the way, as it was our first vacation in such a long time. It was useful to have the enigmatic and charming Sarontene and equally the highly motivated, intelligent, organised Vincent, who is as much an Ambassador for the Sandals brand as he is for the Islands of the Bahamas. We noticed that other guests, noticeably our American cousins, utilised the skills and services of the Butlers more than we did. They really are on hand 12 hours a day and just a phone call away when needed and they really are keen to assist
Hospitality / Service
We have been to the Caribbean, Asia, South America, USA and extensively throughout Europe but the Bahamian people our top of the World League Table when it comes to customer service. Both out of the resort, when we visited Nassau or on in the resort, service is everyones top priority.
The management team which included the calm and sophisticated skills of Dianne, Michelle who makes every guest feel so special, Chuck who is reliable and always on hand...to Charles the Manager who appears to simply love the opportunity of managing this resort and delivering a 5 star service at his hotel. A special thank you to the GM Mr Drake. He listens, he cares and is passionate about the Sandals brand, image and principals.
Maybe within a few years, the young Linden, the great communicator and drinks provider to all, will be elevated to a position which reflects his true skill sets and work ethic in looking after "his guests"
Apart from the UK experience, which badly took its toll and affected our very special trip, I would unconditionally recommend this resort to anyone. Whether you are a young couple seeking a first class luxury destination, or a seasoned traveller for business and pleasure at some of the 5/6* Hotels in the world...then this is a destination that should be at the TOP of your list for consideration.
Yes it rained the first couple of days, but its the way that this Hotel and this team works hard to ensure that every single guest enjoys The Royal Bahamian experience, that truly made up our minds, that we will return... so long as we never have to book through the UK
WOW is the first word that we have used in describing this resort to friends and colleagues, since we landed just three days ago
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau