Like other reviewers we were a bit concerned about negative reviews of this resort but our holiday was absolutely wonderful. We've been to other Sandals resorts and other hotels in the Caribbean but have to say that the service here was supberb. From the moment we were greeted with warm flannels and then quickly escorted to our room, we were treated like treasured guests and the staff all seemed to be genuinely happy helping us.
The off shore island is lovely and quiet if you want to escape from the main pools and it's quick to get to on one of the hourly boat trips accross. There is a restaurant, pool and bar there but it's still restful and my husband loved snokelling and swam alongside a turtle.
The range of food available is amazing and all high quality, ranging from self service to silver service at Bacarrat. We didn't have any trouble booking and could have gone to each twice if we wanted to but only did this for Bacarrat. There's a good range of wines to choose from and thanks to Oswald and his wine tasting lesson we were able to appreciate them even more.
The entertailment was great and varied. The bands were great and listening to music at night beside the sea under the stars and palm trees takes some beating.
We went in to Nassau three times by bus. It's an easy amd safe trip but be prepared for a relaxed journey. One of our bus drivers pulled in to a garage to fill up with diesel and whilst there a passenger decided to pop out and do her shopping from the shop, and we waited to collect her afterwards before continuing on our journey. All the drivers were friendly and gave us a history of the island as we drove in to town.
Before I finish I must mention Damian, who deserves his own TV show. He is such a character and can sing and dance too and trust me if you haven't met him before, you will know who he is before you leave. Other staff members that deserve a mention are Marcian, who serves food limbo style at the Cricketers, Paige is absolutely lovely and helpful in Spices, Judy on the island who has such a cheerful smile and Dmitry and Delano, both quiet but so helpful.
All in all we had an absolutely wonderful time and I envy anybody about to go for a holiday there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau