My fiancee and I headed to the Royal Bahamian at the end of March and were very happy with our choice!
The resort: Compared to other Sandals this is definitely at the top of our list for appearance and layout. The resort is easy to navigate, a great size and we loved the colonial design. The rooms are a bit smaller than other Sandals/Beaches we have visited but they have been renovated. We stayed in the brand new Balamoral tower and thought the room was great. We also viewed a room in the older tower and it was very nice as well.
We had one day where the water in our tower was shut off. It was a bit irritating but the concierge was very nice and gave us access to another room to use the shower facilities.
The offshore island: AMAZING. The feeling of seclusion and serenity is overwhelming on Sandals island. There is a beach at the front and the back and you can take a walk through the gardens and be surrounded by lush greenery and the Atlantic Ocean. We loved this part of the resort. Perfect for a honeymoon. Get here before they finish building the other half of the island for the cruise ships!
Food: Well here is why I only gave the resort 4 out of 5. Compared to Jamaica and St Lucia the food here was lacking a bit for us. Please note that we are both VEGAN. At other beaches and Sandals properties the hotel has gone beyond our expectations to ensure we are fed. In St Lucia we even had a chef go into town and purchase vegan sausages for our dinner...To put it frankly, we ate nothing but rice and veggies the entire week we were at Sandals despite alerting the reception/concierge/sous chef/head chef/servers/hosts at least a dozen times. Food allergies/restrictions beware!
Bahamas: Is beautiful. It is cold at the end of March though...the water was not bearable until the middle of of our trip when the weather got up to around 28. In the morning it is cold and breezy and at night it is freezing. I wish I had brought more sweaters and pants! I would visit again 100% but probably later in the spring...May would be perfect. The town of Nassau is cute with a lots of high end shopping that was a bit too much $$ for us...but fun to browse. The straw market is a bit too intense for me...lots of haggling and "good deals!" haha
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau