Can't believe it's been almost a year since our first trip to Sandals Royal Bahamian in February 2012. We've stayed at or visited almost all of the Sandals Resorts except for Antigua, Negril, and Whitehouse....and when it came time to make plans to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary this year there was no question that we'd come back to Sandals Royal Bahamian!
My husband and I love to travel, and we generally go to the Caribbean at least once a year. Before becoming "Sandals addicts" back in 2006 we stayed at resorts like the Westin in St. John, Grand Lido Braco in Jamaica, Breezes and Radisson in The Bahamas. Sandals is our overwhelming favorite resort chain because they are truly meant for "couples in love" -- no screaming children, no "meat market" atmosphere -- Sandals provides us with a truly romantic getaway We will be visiting again this month to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary!
Our favorite aspects of the trip were:
1. The offshore island is FABULOUS. It blows away the island at Sandals Royal Caribbean. My husband and I felt almost like were were on Gilligan's Island -- but with tasty food and drinks! It was soooooo relaxing there, and one day we had a couple's massage at the spa location on the island. It was so romantic......
2. We greatly enjoyed the food and beverage throughout the resort. The breakfast buffet at Spices was great -- I don't see how people could complain about anything there -- they had tons to choose from, and they would make you any kind of eggs you wanted to order.....there were also two a la carte breakfast options, which is more than any other Sandals I've been to. There were several options for lunch -- the only thing that disagreed with me was a Jamaican-style "patty" -- everything else (especially the pizza) was great. I LOVE to eat (as you will see from our photos), and we ate at almost every spot for dinner. Our favorite was Gordon's on the Pier, followed by Casanova's and Baccarat. Eating out over the pier at Gordon's was sooooooooooo lovely and romantic.....we enjoyed the antipasti bar and lamb chops at Casanova's, and the atmosphere at Baccarat was great.
3. The resort is compact, but doesn't feel small -- unlike Sandals La Toc you don't have to do a ton of walking to get around to get from one spot to another, or to get to the ocean from your room. There are also several spots for lounging -- the "party" pool, the quiet pool, the main beach, or the island...
4. The weekly Junkanoo Party was OUTSTANDING! They had great entertainment, and you could get all kinds of food and drinks in freshly-cut coconuts. It was a very fun party atmosphere.
5. You simply cannot beat the location -- it is a 3-hour nonstop flight from the East Coast to Nassau, and a 15-minute drive from the newly-renovated airport to the resort. While we loved St. Lucia, the 5 1/2 hour flight and 1 1/2 hour drive the resort took a lot of time away from our vacation --- and squeezing every minute of fun out of our vacation is really important to us!
6. The piano bar was great and the musician playing around the fire pits in the evening was wonderful....there were lots of spots to snuggle under the stars and recharge our batteries....
There are one or two areas for improvement -- I admit I am a karaoke-lover, and it never seemed to get off the ground at the Cricketer's Pub. Also, during our stay they were finalizing the renovations to the Balmoral Tower, so there was hammering and banging during that process which fortunately has long been completed!
So -- if you are looking for a relaxing and romantic trip to paradise -- Sandals Royal Bahamian is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau