Honeymooned at Sandal's Royal Bahamian March 25 - March 31, 2013. As the other reviews stated, the water line did bust and water was off from noon - 5 PM, but there is no reason to be in the room needing water during that time in the Bahamas! We were greeted upon arrival with a nice glass of champagne and good service from two employees. We received an upgrade immediately upon arrival. We did NOT have a Butler and were happy we didnt. Butler's were seen running around the resort frequently, sent to get their guests Miller Lite across the street, etc. We thought this service was ridiculous and unnecessary. We found all employees to be extremely friendly and accommodating. People who complain about the slowness of the service should take time to relax and enjoy the vacation. Service was fine... no need to worry! We were able to get a seat at the pool everyday, where ever we wanted. We made two trips to the private island and enjoyed both. Island is great with large beach, pool with swim up bar and plenty of private sitting locations. Took the snorkeling trip provided by Sandals and had a great time. Staff is willing to assist you in getting downtown on bus or taxi. We were able to take a bus to town for $1.25, water taxi for $4.00 and were at the Atlantis is less than 30 minutes. No reason you can not go out and enjoy the Bahamas if you please, but there is no reason to do so at night. We enjoyed the piano bar despite the smell from some leak that I am sure they have fixed by now. People who complain about the smell again are too worried with small things. We enjoyed most of the dining experiences. We had breakfast delivered to our room day 2 and it was delicious! We dined at Kimonos, Baccarat, Crystal Room and Casanovas. Baccarat was probably our least favorite despite the great reviews! Had no problems getting reservations and again, had no butler service. Kimonos is a great atmosphere and you are given a good portion of every option. Tried three options at Casanovas and enjoyed all... the catch of the day was amazing! Baccarat made an attempt to be extremely formal which doesnt fit the island. Didnt love the food either. Crystal Room was again very good and had no problem getting in. No reservations necessary at Casanovas or Crystal Room. Great dining experience overall!
Drink service was great. We didnt mind getting out of our chair to get a drink when necessary. Never got the feel that drinks were watered down. I personally enjoy rum and diet, and on the private island I ordered a rum and diet and another diet to mix in with that because it was strong.
When we read the reviews prior to leaving, we were a bit worried. Sandal's Royal Bahamian exceeded all of our expectations and we hope to make it back. We stayed in the "Royal Village" and it was quiet and peaceful. There is a part of the hotel that is by the "warm pool" that plays music all day. I would suspect it may be noisy at times in those rooms.
Go to this resort. Relax. Enjoy the Bahamas and the people. No need to worry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau