I dont really even know where to begin...this was our second trip to the Bahamas but our first AND LAST stay at a Sandals property.....PERIOD. We arrived and were greeted with champagne and cool towels, which was nice, however, that is where the fun ended. It took 45 mins to get us checked into our room. Room was ok, not what we had hoped for or expected considering what they portray online. We stayed in the "new & upgraded" Balmoral Tower on the 6th floor. To our confusion, no room service was provided in our room and we had to get "management approval" before they would bring anything to our room...when they finally did, 1 1/2 hours later, it was so terrible that we ordered Dominoes pizza from outside the resort!!! All the food at every restaurant was almost unedible....just completely disgusting. If it hadn't been for the burger king across the street (yuck) we would have starved on this trip! Everything seemed unsanitary and dirty throughout the resort, most of the indoor bars had an awful soured stench. And last but not least, THE SERVICE WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!! Employees were rude and pompous and even had the audacity to argue with us and roll their eyes when we became upset after waiting to order beverages for breakfast for over 30 minutes!!!!! Really?! Just for water and a mimosa? Other couples were getting up and leaving the tables from waiting so long while shaking their heads. The general consensus from our whole group was that no one at the resort gave two [--] about being helpful, kind, or accomodating. We couldn't seem to EVER get "the required" reservations for dinner but was told they would put us on a list if someone were to cancel....how lovely.
I will say the resort has an nice layout of pools and hot tubs with firepits. That is the only positive at this property. However, everyone at this place just walked around with angry looks on their faces of utter disappointment. But I guess they too were upset that they wasted $5, 000 on a 4-day/3-night "getaway". Definitely the first time I have ever been excited to go home from a vacation. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY VISITING THIS RESORT, unless you enjoy being treated like crap and eating food that is so terrible I wouldn't feed it to my dog.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Tingo, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.