“A Dream Trip for Our Thirtieth Anniversary!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
World Travel Award!
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
st. louis
“A Dream Trip for Our Thirtieth Anniversary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

You're never too old to take your dream trip with the person you love!!!! From the moment we were met at the airport by the Sandals reps to our sad goodbye seven days later, it was paradise for our thirtieth anniversary. We arrived at our gorgeous corner suite on the fourth floor in Balmoral Tower and saw the most beautiful vista of the beach and ocean imaginable. Our room was modern, comfy, equipped with all kinds of liquid pleasure like Jamaican Rum, and a plushy, oh-so-comfortable four-poster bed! I am very particular about my bed, and I slept like a rock each night I was there. Opening the french doors and listening to the ocean breeze didn't hurt! Tise property is pristine and glistening with the immaculate care Sandals takes of their properties. Fabulous azure pools--one quieter for reading, the other hopping with music and fun contests--kept us near the water when we weren't on the actual beach. Took a mixology course at the bar with all kinds of newlywed couples. Everyone was sooooo friendly, I enjoyed meeting every one of them! I won at BlackJack one night, and the entertainment was great. As a musician, I'm pretty picky about music too, but I really enjoyed all the performers--especially the woodwind player in the main restaurant.My favorite part of this exquisite trip was the private island. We enjoyed a free couples massage class there--it was paradise redefined. Snorkeling, canoeing, sailing....you name it, we did it all, thanks to Sandals' free watersports! My husband and I rekindled our 30-year romance as I had hoped we would. Thank you Sandals, for the BEST vacation of my life!!!!! It was DEFINITELY worth the wait, and we WILL return!

Room Tip: 4th floor Balmoral Tower--we had room 416. It was PERFECT.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We're so happy to read that you had such a wonderful anniversary with us at Sandals Royal Bahamian. We strive to create romantic and memorable experiences for our guests and I'm so glad we were able to achieve that goal during your stay. It looks like you and your husband had an amazing experience.

Thank you for your review. We can't wait to welcome you back for another great stay in the near future.

Cassie C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,102)
  • Polish first
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was our second , two week stay at Sandals Royal Bahamian in the past few years and we found it every bit as enjoyable and satisfying as our first visit . We got off to a wonderful start by being given a room up-grade to the Balmoral Tower - a room with a beautiful view of the pool and the ocean beyond . The following two weeks of our time here continued to impress us and even the weather was a grand improvement over our last experience - only two days of rain or cool temperatures with the remainder being sunny and warm and in the 79 - 83 degree range .
Conveniently located close to downtown Nassau and Paradise Island we had a few trips into town and transportation was readily available by local bus or a taxi from the hotel - a short 15 minute trip .
As we've always found , Sandals staff are second to none and it's one of the reasons we've stayed loyal . Helpful , friendly and polite , they always make our Sandals experience a delight and we extend a very sincere thank you to them all
FOOD - lots of choices here and all were excellent with our favourites being the Crystal Room and Cassanova's . We were a bit disappointed though to see that the buffet dinner at Spices was no longer available as we enjoyed that so much on our last visit .
ACCOMMODATION - We would rate as excellent . Kept very clean and tidy for us by Ethlyn on a daily basis .
BEACH - Very good , well maintained and tidy . No trouble finding beach chairs when needed .

All in all our stay was a great one and we would return in a flash , given the opportunity - and that in itself says a lot !!

Smithfield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Awesome time, im from Rhode Island my wife and I were celebrating our 30th birthdays here and had a blat. So relaxing we went in the mid of February glad to get away from the snow! The rooms were great I would stay in the newer building it seems more updated. We had a walkout room to the pool which was a great feature. We learned how to scuba dive and we had a great time at the paino bar. We were tossing up this place or Atlantis and after talking to people after staying at Atlantis we made the right decision staying at Sandals. Atlantis nickled and dimed for everything where Sandals was all inclusive. Great beach enjoyed the private island too going back next year!

Room Tip: choose a walkout room well worth the extra money
Moorestown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I always brush off negative comments and think that there are people that would moan about anything..I have just spent a week here from 15-22 Feb. It was a belated honeymoon as my husband was having chemo when we married and he is thankfully all clear now. The hype of having 65% discount and still paying $5,000 for a week here sets your expectations sky high before you check in. When we arrived the rooms were not ready after 40 minutes in reception we were ushered to The Royal Cafe and fed processed beef and chicken patties in buns (absolutely disgusting) we sat and watched pigeons attack nearby tables that hadn't been cleared next to us and my heart plummeted. About an hour later we were taken to a room in the Old Windsor tower over the noisy hotel pool. I told the concierge that we had booked a Royal Honeymoon Village room in the quiet secluded gardens in the back and he enthused that we had been awarded an upgrade. After a very noisy sleepless nights sleep, I politely asked f we could indeed be moved to the quiet secluded beautiful gardens that we had booked 6 months before and was then told that none were available as they had overbooked (we weren't the only ones told this) I said I would prefer to move and we packed up our clothes and through pouring torrential rain were moved to a small musty room with tiled flooring and no windows right next to the big trash lorry that got loaded very noisily several times a day. We demanded to see Tatiana and asked for a full refund and go home or have a room that we booked. She found us a room that was suitable and kept trying to tell us it was an upgrade. It was lovely, albeit a bit grubby and old and we were finally happy after another half day without our luggage, wet and tired. tatiana promised us a surprise in the room. At 11.06pm that night in room 720 we were rudely awakened by a rapping on the door as our surprise of a maid making a swan towel arrived...not impressed. Anyway we pushed this aside and decided to have a wonderful time. Honeymoon breakfast arrived stone cold next morning..we went in the hot tub (in the gardens) it was so over chlorinated it dyed everybody bright green. I have a photo and you can see the green round the edges...it ruined my bikini and my nails were stained green. I reported it to reception and was told the spa would give me nail varnish remover to get it off, the $100 bikini issue was ignored..i made the spa lady bleach my nails clean and re polish my new french manicure. Other guests had the same issue. On the whole the staff are mostly friendly and pleasant except the men at the sailing cabin. How they hate to do any work and let you hire their boats or equipment. At 8.57 am one morning we were told to go away and wait for a Hobie Cat as they didn't open until 9am. I can assure you we are pleasant and polite people..we were outraged. 3 minutes. We were not allowed to borrow fins or snorkels as promised in the brochure unless you went on a supervised trip. We ended up buying them from the resort, so take your own. The island is beautiful and magical. You have to be there on the first boat and it only takes 40 people or you wont get a bed as they are all reserved for the Butler Guests and rarely used! Twice during the holiday our room wasn't cleaned despite being out of it from 8am-4pm. We then needed a sleep and shower so put out DND sign. The grounds are stunning, the food in Spices is excellent and above average everywhere else. The beaches are spotless, most of the staff are friendly. There were black rats running down on the beach front near the fire pits and caused a few women to shriek and move a bot quickly..the photographers accost you constantly trying to sell photos. We STILL had a lovely time because we enjoyed the sunshine and sand, but we would NEVER pay that much money for another Sandals experience again. My life long dream wasnt as perfect as I had hoped for.

Metheun
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary by traveling to the Bahamas. At the recommendation of my dear friend/travel agent we stayed @ Sandals Royal Bahamian. Jim and I have stayed at other Sandals Resorts in Jamaica so we knew the level of service we would get. We were not disappointed. The staff was so very attentive in all ways. Our ocean view room was lovely with beautiful views of the pool and ocean. The evening views of the pool was especially beautiful with the changing colored underwater lights! The food was beautifully presented and absoutely delicious! I think my favorite was the Cassanova Italian Restuarant. The antipasto salad bar was incrediable! We received a scrumptious plate of desserts and the words "Happy Anniversary" were written on the plate. How sweet (no pun intended)! The grounds were impeccably kept... The flowers and gardens were impressive. Truely this vacation will be remembered as one of our best!

belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We are just back from the Royal Bahamian and after a rocky start, followed by a respectful engagement with staff, it was without a doubt, a case of the Sandals staff saved the day!

We were celebrating our 30th Anniversary and were returning guests with three different Sandals Holiday experiences under our feet (excuse the pun!). Having discussed our initial disappointment on some matters with staff, we found these issues dealt with very professionally by the team at the front desk. I would wish to thank Brunai, Porsha and Gerard for all their help and attention to need. This was much appreciated and from that point on our holiday lived up to the Sandals Luxury Holiday Experience.

The room was excellent, modern, well appointed and very well serviced. Fresh towels provided every evening and a well stocked mini bar replenished daily.

The restuarants were all excellent with great service from all the staff, particular thanks to Luca in Cassanova's, Michael in Gordon's and all the staff in the other venues (we tried them all and were not disappointed). Stewfish out on the island was great and worth booking for the evening meal (different menu). Kimonos is a must and very entertaining, essentially meat, chicken and king prawn for everyone with beautiful rice and sauce. Sushi to start and nice desserts. The chef was brilliant the whole experience great!! We also attended the returning guests meal, this was very good and recommended if offered.

The island is wonderful with everything you need on site. It only takes a short (free) speed boat trip across the water to a paradise island with pool, hot tup, bar, restaurant, spa, great beach and clean toilets. What more do you need?

The beach at the mainland hotel is also great, and is close to the pizza oven, this is worth a try for a tasty snack.

Where you sunbath is a matter of personal choice but try both beachs and the pool, you are bound to find your perfect spot.

The weather was a bit off on the first two days but the next seven were brilliant, 80-85 degrees every day. We were roasted!

The evenings can be cool, a light pullover is recommended. The firepits are a great place to socialise and listen to some jazz music.

We got the bus into Downtown Nassau, costs $1.25 (Bahamian or USA) per person each way, picks up and drops off at the Sandals main entrance and is worth the jaunt. Downtown is touristie shops and a market. It only takes 10mins to get there.

Advice, if you have any issues, a respectful discussion early on will sort these out. Our experience was excellent and we will go Sandals again.

enjoy

Room Tip: The Balmoral Wing is the more modern of the two, its also in a slightly better location in relation...
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I spent a week around Valentines day 2013 at the Sandals Royal Bahamian and enjoyed the holiday very much. As my wifes birthday is February 14th a trip to a warm climatre this time of year has become a tradition for us.

We booked a room with butler service and were glad we did. Our team of butlers was most attentive and after a day, were anticipating our requests before we made them. The room was as described in Sandals advertisements. In addition, this level room offers meals at Gordon's which would be a top notch restaurant in any city. Steak cooked to order and lobster was a favorite.

One of my criteria for a service oriented organization is the response by management when a problem arises. We had a minor problem with restaurant that was addressed appropriately.

We thought the food was a step above what might be expected, particularly at Baccarat and the Royal Cafe (informal for breakfast and lunch).