Despite reading bad and average reviews for this resort, we decided to book anyway!
I will attempt to explain what the truth is and leave out the petty issues that others have included, this is a Caribbean island and yes, the staff are on Bahamian time - but so are you! You will request items and they don't arrive instantly, maybe 10 minutes for coffee at breakfast, a queue at the buffet to sit outside or 20 minutes for a freshly baked pizza, but you're on holiday, enjoy the relaxing and the great scenery.
The rooms are fine, they are a little tired in places but we didn't experience any bed bugs, found a cockroach the size of a large wasp in the bathroom but one whack with a flipflop and the job was done. Towels are changed every day in the room, the balcony had a table and chairs and it was clean. Leave a tip for your maid and she will ensure you get all you need in the mini bar and some towel art :o) .
The restaurants are all good, I didn't like the cafe by the colder water pool, the chicken was the factory made stuff in a pattie but the salads were fresh and the dessert was lovely. Kimono's is good fun, the Italian we found the best, as was Baccarat and the Crystal Room, the only let down was it was very difficult to get reservations for the restaurants on the nights we chose unless we ate at around 9 - 930pm. Your concierge (if you get a good one) can book them all in advance for you and gives a little slip of paper with it all written down. We were not aware this happened until around night 4.
All the bars were well manned and drinks arrived very fast. Try some of the Sandals barman equivalent of Sky juice, but don't plan on doing much activity after two, you won't be able to. Banana daquiris and Mud Slides are great and very filling!
The staff make this resort the place that it is, they are very friendly if you ask them questions about their families and lives on the island, they get used to stroppy tourists barking orders at them and enjoy talking if you're pleasant! There is talk that they all plan to leave and go to the new hotel being built up the road - Sandals need to invest in their good staff to keep them.
The water sports are great fun, we did kayaking and snorkelling on the reef (saw Manta rays and Sting rays, Angel fish, Pipe fish, Parrot fish, clams, lots of corals - beautiful) and the Cay is also a great day out and quieter than the resort. Take note: Take towels with you to the Cay, they never have any there and we had to use soiled ones or go without all day - not pleasant. This would be easily resolved by staff taking the towels when they deliver everyone on the 10am boat - no idea why this wasn't addressed in the two weeks we were there.
The Spa is lovely, very relaxing and my manicure lasted a week! Katie Price got married whilst we were there but we didn't let it spoil our holiday :o) .
There is a facility for late check out so you can remain in your room if needed, although this is another $80 extra. We couldn't stay in our room so we had to check out at 11am, the other room wouldn't be free for us until 2pm. We were due to get the bus to the airport at 7pm so we would have used the room from about 4pm till 630pm - we didnt bother for $80.
This is a good resort, no kids and very enjoyable but I wouldn't go to another Sandals again, I would rather try another chain of resorts for the price.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Amex, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.