“Worth the extra $$” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Save Saved
You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$755 Instant Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Shelton, WA
“Worth the extra $$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I could have paid less for a cheaper hotel on any beach in Mexico, however I am glad I stayed here at Sandals Royal Bahamian. We stayed in the Royal village and it looks like the Bahamas should look. The front of each building looks like a Colonial house and then the rooms spread out to form private patios and decks. We have two pools and a rather nice hot tub out here in the village, a two minute walk to the action of the swim up bars and restaurants. Sure these building are a little old, but they are clean and the atmosphere is awesome. Our friends stayed in the nice big tower with butler service and that was great for them. The staff was awesome, food was great, and I'm glad we came here. I read every negative review dating back to 2009 and Im telling you that I did not have any of those issues. Beach chairs were plentiful, bars and restaurants were not crowded like those other less expensive Hotels. It was worth the extra $$ to be here. My hat goes off to the entire staff ..Sharon, Kerry, Marvin and Sherman. PS... Please do not do bad Austin Powers imitations in the English Pub, I guess it's "cheeky".

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,025)
  • Polish first
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

First time at Sandal's and we will definately go back, maybe try another one next time. Best restaurant was Kimono's, amazing! Food was great, staff was great (most of them), resort was great. A little bummed the beach wasn't larger to walk on but the island beach is much better. The pool staff was great, Jason and the others made sure everyone had a great time while we were there and the piano bar was awesome. Biggest disappointment was I mentioned twice (when we booked and when we checked in) it was my husband's 40th birthday and we were celebrating both of our 40th birthdays and they said they would do something special and they did absolutely NOTHING to recognize it was his birthday. I heard them doing things for others but his birthday went unnoticed by Sandals and then the island was closed that night so we didn't get to eat there on his special day either (which wasn't the resorts fault, it was to windy). The Windsor building was a little noisy so if you don't want the pool noise and the marching band noise, stay in another building. Overall, a great vacation so thanks to the staff that made it wonderful.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, don't stay in the Windsor building. We had a great view overlooking the ocean...
Forest Hill, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Since I own Amore Travel, I've had the opportunity to visit all of the Sandals properties. In my thirty yrs. experience I've never had anyone not totally enjoy any of the Sandals. Stayed at Royal Bahamian many times. Each time my experience has been great. Beautiful resort with great staff, food, entertainment and accommodations. I always stayed in the Windsor bldg. since it's close to beach and restaurants and has fabulous views.

Room Tip: choose the Windsor bldg., higher flrs.. it's close to restaurants beach and off shore island
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We were just engaged the day before on valentines day and had the oppertunity to spend the day in port at Sandals Royal Bahamian !! One day is NOT enough ! Beautiful beaches and pools ! Fabulos food and good drinks ! We sailed over to the private island and watched the sun set . Loved it so much we may have our wedding here ! Can't wait to come back

• Stayed February 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

First time, and not the last, at Sandals for 3 nights starting Valentines Day 2013.
Best tip I would humbly pass on; be polite and friendly to the staff (ask them their names even though they have name tags). Treat them like your favorite family member and you'll have a wonderful time.

Food was good. Best restaurants were Baccarat for breakfast twice ( order the caviar, perfect poached eggs for eggs Benedict, excellent omelet); dinner once ( escargot, crab cake, lobster, fish in papillote) and the Royal Cafe (seafood omlet for breakfast grouper and lamb for lunch) Ricarda the chef, can cook! Spices always has a good and varied buffet.

Best of all were the staff.
Blessings to the Concierge crew, the bar staff (especially Cupcakes and Fluffy in the piano bar). The restaurant servers at the Crystal room and Baccarat, especially Arizona and her staff at the Royal Cafe. She went the extra mile to make us feel special. Damien at the Back Soon booking desk.
The people at Snap Shots; Alex, Amaeleo, Jermaine, and Elizabeth.

All of the entertainment was top notch.
(Congrats to Ronny, try to hear her world class singing voice)
Most of all, Leo the piano player, was very accomplished, gracious, and fun. If U like to sing, don't miss it! Tell him "Beyonce says hello and enjoyed performing with him" He can explain it.

Relax and enjoy this Paradise! (get out to the island, weather permitting).

Room Tip: Ask for an Oceanfront view in the Tower, if available in your booking category. Breathtaking!
Queens, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our first Sandals Experience and will not be our last. Let me start by saying that we were married at this resort (Sandals Royal Bahamian) and our honeymoon was in Exuma (Sandals Emerald Bay - please see review under that resort's name).

Leading up to the trip I had my concerns due to the price that Sandals charged and hoped that it was worth what we paid. I was not disappointed.

We booked the Royal Garden room for a 5 night stay from Jan 23rd -28th. We had 19 guests for our wedding so I was also concerned that everyone else would have a great time as well. EVERYONE had the best time ever.

We were greeted at the Sandals desk at the airport. Note: It really is a desk, nothing else. It is located right next to Atlantis' greeting area which was a constructed room. Sandals area has a "coming soon" flag next to the desk. We were greeted by the Sandals rep who instructed us to go outside and informed us where we could meet our free transfer. Within minutes were were boarded and on our way to the resort. The Resort is about a 10-15 minute ride from the airport, not bad at all. Upon arrival we were all greeted with a wet towel and a glass of champagne. Due to the fact that there were 8 of us checking in at the same time, the registration time went surprising fast. We did finish 2 bottles of champagne but between 8 of us. We were all very excited.

We were upgraded to the newly renovated Balmoral Tower room 304 with a balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. We were given a full bar which is part of the conceirge package which we did not pay for. I was immediately happy that we chose this resort. The elevator was extremely fast, never had to wait for more than a minute for the elevator to arrive. Everything about the room was awesome: flatscreen TV, wonderful shower, separate sinks, confortable bed. We were in heaven.

The resort is on the average size. 2 huge pools (one was warmer than the other. The colder pool was to cold to go into). They have several hot tubs throughout the resort which were wonderful. The beach is average size as well but the water was gorgeous. If you want Jet-ski's they are located just off the resort but safe, available and not to expensive. 6 of us went out at the same time, what a blast! They have a private Island which you can go to during the day hours. A boat leaves every hour on the hour and the last boat back is around 3:30pm. This island is so serene. I found myself sitting in a chair on the back of the island and there was not one other person on the beach with me. I was on top of the world. They have a small pool and hot tub, restaurant as well. We did not try either so cannot comment. But the island is a must see.

The food at most places were very good, not exceptional but very edible. The only restaurant that we disliked was Baccarat. This is their French restaurant. Service was very slow for breakfast, coffee was cold and food was just OK. Their dinner was not very good. The crab-leg they give was so skinny that there was really no meat, probably a frozen leg. Plus one of the waitresses dropped a butter knife that splashed oil on my silk Tommy Baham shirt. She apologized but that was about it. Kimonos gets a bad rap. I thoroughly enjoyed the food and Theo was extremely entertaining. The Italian restaurant Casanova's was also very good. Spices is their buffet style spot which was great for breakfast. They have this freshly squeezed orange juice machine which is to die for. The food at the Pub was decent bar food but the bartender's were great there. Overall for an all-inclusive the food was above par.

If you are getting married at this resort, do not fret me brotha! They do an excellent job at preparing you for your big day. Carla, the on-site weding coordinator, was absolutely FANTASTIC!!! She introduced herself by coming up to our room and giving us the heads up on what to expect. We then met with her to go over everything from the area that we would get married, to our choice of wedding cake, to our reception. She threw in so many extra options for free it made our day a storybook wedding. Reverend Hutchinson was awesome as well. He made a very nervous couple feel warm and welcomed. Several times cutting the tension with a well appointed joke. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL FOR YOUR WEDDING HANDS DOWN!!!.

We paid for the hair and makeup for my wife prior our wedding. She wanted me to mention that they will not wash your hair. They will style it but you must show up to the appointment with your hair washed. She was not very happy with that considering the charge for the hair and makeup with around $200.

Now I might have a skewed opinion of this resort because we had so many friends and family members staying with us, it was a 5 night big ole party. But I must say that I would return in a heartbeat.

Best part: We had a 7 hour layover on our return flight from our honeymoon. They offered to pick us up at the airport and bring us back to Royal Bahamian to hang out until our next flight home instead of sitting in the airport. That was really classy!!! Again, thanks Carla...we will always remember you.

I had a massage at the spa, absolutely wonderful. Request Rachel. SHE WAS AWESOME

From NY to Bahamas was a 2 hour and 20 minute flight. My first trip and definitely not my last.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
White Lake, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This Vacation was the most enjoyable experience that we have had so far. The room in the Villa Ixora was superb in the bottom floor facing the heated pools with hot tub. Service was excellent. All of the staff was very attentive from day 1 until depart

Room Tip: The Royal Village is away from the activity, but a great location.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple