“Beautiful Location but some Issues.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Up to $755 Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rochester, New York
“Beautiful Location but some Issues.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of February in a concierge level waterfront view room which was pricey. The view was beautiful to wake up to though and that was worth the price of the trip. There seems to be minimal benefit from the concierge level other than alcohol in the room. We never heard from a concierge to see if we needed anything and had to call and make our own reservations. Butler service may have been more worth it.

The room was smaller than expected but clean and renovated in the tower. Housekeeping was excellent everyday. The wake up call was perfect daily. We ate every morning at Spices which was the buffet with very pleasnt hostess but minimal service there - took multiple requests daily just for water. They had made to order eggs and omlettes - which was good and a variety of fruits. They also had a machine that squeezed fresh orange juice and smoothies. This was the best food we had while we were here. We ate at stewfish for lunch with cold fries and tasteless fish wrap. They had what tasted like leftover cake and tasteless cookies for dessert. Stewfish for dinner had a good seafood chowder (very similar to what I had the night before at the Crystal room) and beef tenderloin which was ok. My husband got jerked pork chop which was dry, overcooked, tasteless - inelibile and I gave him my beef. We ate at Kimonos which was decent but the sauces all tasted the same on the meat, fish, shrimp. Once again dessert was tasteless chocolate cake which had been served to us multiple times. We had a good app at the Pub - Homemade potato chips with blue cheese and fish and chips. This was the only location that had a decent sweet treat - hot apple crumble and sticky toffee pudding.

Alcohol drinks at the bars seemed to be very watered down. The Soco bottle was clearly not full strength and that could be noted just from the color of the liquor. We didnt have an issues with bar or pool bar service.

We went to the Sandals Cay island twice, which was pretty and secluded - once when we had dinner and it was freezing and you had to wait to catch the boat back 1 hr after finishing dinner which was a drawback.

The pools were not heated and were completely freezing so they were useless to us. The hot tubs were nice in the evening and clean. The pool by the tower was always clean. The pool in the older section was greenish, cloudy and I wouldnt have wanted to get in that pool anyway.

The airport transfers were easy and pleasant but they expect a tip.

Room Tip: Pick tower room - Butler level
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,268)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had very high expectations and anticipation for our 1st ever Sandals and all-inclusive vacation. We did have a rough start our first day with poor service - waiting over 30 minutes for our dinner at the Habachi grill to start after being seated and at lunch my soup/salad arriving after my husband's burger. The hotel did allow us a comped night at the pier butler-guests only restaurant, but despite a unique setting the food was no better than the other restaurants onsite. Interestingly, we encountered another guest also getting this upgrade after poor service he received with a room service order. The majority of our below rating for the resort was due to food - not being able to get fruit instead of fries, not being able to get the dressing on the side vs. pre-mixed for a salad, and the feeling much of the food was made elsewhere and then re-heated at the resort kitchen. Aside from the food, the overall appeal of the resort was beautiful. The room was large and clean, but we did have to have maintenance fix a leaky faucet and faulty tub drain. Regarding included activities, I wouldn't agree that SCUBA is included if they charge $10/day for use of a wetsuit. The water is colder in early February, so I don't think a wetsuit is an unreasonable request when SCUBA diving. The piano bar and comedy night were our favorite entertainment activities.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Jan for 11 days. It was our 17th, 5 star all inclusive. Our 1st Sandals.
The resort itself is set up nicely. From the town like feel, easy access to everything, a decent flow to how it operates, a good location to the airport and other amenities like the casino close by and little shopping area. The fire pits are a nice romantic touch with music in the evenings.

We had a beautiful private dinner under the beach gazebo to celebrate our anniversary. It was top notch! The resort food is decent. Especially the Pizza! Yum.

Entertainment was fun especially at the pool and sing along piano bar.

The private island was a nice side attraction to be included. As well as a close bus ride to Atlantis.

I rated it a four because we have stayed at better resorts.

Hope this is helpful to those looking to vacay here.

Room Tip: The rooms were accommodating with everything you could need.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This resort was probably great when it first opened way back but it seems like a resort in dire need of upgrades. The entire place -- rooms, pools and restaurants looked a little tired and a little run down. We had a butler suite with a private terrace and a separate dining room and it was comfortable. The bathroom was just okay. The all-inclusive restaurant food was average but there are also two restaurants where the food is pretty good but costs extra and is difficult to get reservations at. The Bahamian people are lovely though and work hard to make your stay pleasant. The scuba diving program at Sandals was excellent, with sufficient dive master per guest diver ratio and a high emphasis on dive safety rules, and good equipment. All in all, we had a fun, relaxing time, but don't expect a 5 star gourmet food experience from Sandals.

Room Tip: If you don't upgrade to a suite you will feel like you are sleeping in a closet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I just returned from the Sandals Royal Bahamian. We traveled from the the 1-8th of February, and I must say that the weather wasn't the best, but it would of helped if they heated the pools on site, since the ocean was far too cold to swim in.
The rooms were amazing, we had a concierge level. Try to get a room in the Balmoral Tower as they are renovated and the walk out rooms are to die for.
Food was good, nothing to rave about. Best restaurant was Stewfish and Kimonos for sure.
Sandals Cay is very cute, but the last boat comes back very early at 345pm. There are lots of hidden locations there to hang out with your loved one. Only downside is that Sandals doesn't own the entire island. The other half is under construction for cruise ship passengers to enjoy in the future months.
My only real complaint was how the bar staff at the pools almost seemed bothered when guests were coming to grab a drink. I avoided them for most of the week and drank what I had in my room.

Definitely pay for the Concierge or Butler category rooms, you won't be disappointed. Also take the #10 bus down to Bay Street in Nassau for some shopping! Cabs cost a lot, almost $50 return with tip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Noblesville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I have been to this resort twice, once in 2007 on our honeymoon and then again in September 2012 as a late 5 year anniversary trip. Both times we booked our vacation through Hayley at Beach Bum Vacation. I would HIGHLY recommend Beach Bum Vacation and Sandals Royal Bahamian. There are so many good things to list about this resort. I always enjoy being greeted with a warm towel and champaign. On our honeymoon, we wanted a laid back and relaxing vacation, which is exactly what we got. My husband and I enjoyed the private island and laying out by the ocean all day. The views are amazing and the staff is friendly, helpful and very out going.
Because we were Hayley's guest we were upgraded to a room close to our friends. The staff and management knows our travel agent well and want to make sure her guests are happy. The room was beautiful and always kept very clean. The view was amazing and we enjoyed the evening entertainment from our balcony.
On our recent trip, Hayley booked our vacation along with two other couples we are friends with. We enjoyed a long weekend together to hang out and have fun. The entertainment by the pool was so fun. We sat in the pool for hours meeting people and drinking.The food is delicious and we enjoyed the pub at night for drinks and meeting new people. The pub manager was fun and we enjoyed her conversation and service every night. One of my favorite things about this resort is that spa! These ladies are wonderful. They pamper me and give the best massages! It was so nice to get away with friends and letting someone else take care of all the details. Hayley is always prompt and gives us as much information as we want for our trips. We also went to Sandals Ocho Rios in 2008 that she booked for us. Comparing the two, I would say that I love the Bahamas Sandals much more.
There are many things to do in downtown Nassau, but honestly we didnt want to leave the resort. We did go out one night and had pizza on the corner by the entrance. The pizza was amazing and the locals are very friendly.
I am counting down the days until we are able to go back. Trust me, you will not be dissappointed by going to this resort. We loved every second!

Room Tip: First pool out of the manor house is quieter.. and there is a small beach that no one goes to that i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hopatcong, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We are in the middle of our third trip to SRB. Still fantastic! The staff does everything they canto make us comfortable. I don't get the bad reviews I see here sometimes. My wife and I love it here. We come to do nothing! The air, sun, friendly guests and staff make a great relaxing vacation every time. While the ocean is cool here in February the Sun is warm and the drinks are great. See our photos of our favorite bartender this trip Dorian and some of what the resort looks like. If you are looking to go zip lining in the jungle or rock climbing go somewhere else. Come to SRB to relax!

Room Tip: Don't spend a ton of money on the room you come here to be on the beach or by the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple