“Sandals is the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Save Saved
You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$755 Instant Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Cartersville, Georgia
“Sandals is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was our second trip to Sandals Royal Bahamian and we have already booked our third in advance. Everything about the resort is absolutely first class: beautiful beach, elegant buildings, a good variety of restaurants, entertainment in the theater, and most important the staff is genuinely friendly.

Room Tip: I recommend a room or suite with utter service. From meeting us upon arrival (Sandals sent a Rolls...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,016)
  • Polish first
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was our second Sandals vacation. First time was our honeymoon @ Sandals Antigua. The grounds and scenery are beautiful here. If you can get an oceanfront room, get it! It's surreal! We had the butler service just because it was in the room category we chose. We enjoyed the butler service perk when we went to Antigua but the butler service here was not as good. It took our butler(s) a long time to do us minimal favors like getting us a cooler for the beach and getting our food to our room.. took way too long. After the 4th night we just did everything on our own because it was a lot faster. Other than that the food was okay nothing out of this world. Even the steak and lobster @ Gordon's Pier which was supposed to be for exclusive guests only was just okay. My husband and I were invited for a special invitation only reception for returning guests, they served the same thing steak and lobster as they did @ Gordon's.. how originial! It was nice to meet other returning guests and see what other resorts they've been to as long as it was not longer than the 2 hours we had to be there. If you are there on the weekend the resort does an amazing Junkanoo Parade with music, a dance show, and fireworks right on their long driveway as you pull into the resort. They serve local foods and sell local arts and crafts which was lots of fun. We loved taking the jitney for just $1 and going to the local eateries. Must try "Fish Fry" the food there was cheap and very good. It was easy to get around just using the jitney which went back and forth to downtown Nassau. From Nassau take a $15 cab ride to Atlantis...a must see! All in all would not mind staying here again but wouldn't mind trying something new either for a lot cheaper.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

First ever Sandals experience and boy, we were looked after! From the moment we checked in, to the day we left, nothing was too much hassle. My husband had been looking forward to playing golf, but the golf course nearby had shut, so the staff arranged for us to fly to Sandals down in Exhuma and swop three nights to there. Amazing time had by us both. Loved the resort, all food we had was of a good standard, but eating at Gordon's on the pier on our last night was an awesome experience! We found all the staff from the cleaners and gardeners to the management really friendly and approachable. Would love to go back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed in the Royal village...LOVED our little house, behind the big buildings, the private pool and hot tub. the people were amazing. I am nursing a broken arm and EVERYONE was so helpful...even other guests. It was the relaxing trip ever, but there were activities if we were interested. Captain Sonny and the crew were so helpful, when we went to the island...it would have been scary to get onto the boat without such great help. Thanks to all who made the trip so great, Shelly, Damiem, Sonny, Yveatte...and everyone, I fail to mention.

Room Tip: We loved the privacy of the Royal Village
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My now wife and I recently honeymooned at Sandals Royal Bahamian. The service and amenities are fantastic, and the service staff was excellent, we will be back hopefully next time in Antigua! Overall a great experience.

• Stayed January 2013
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful and relaxing time, in the Bahamas. This was a short trip only 4 nights but we made the most of it. We stayed in the windsor building and had a great view of the property. Our dinner and breakfast at Baccarat was amazing, what other all inclusive can you get caviar at breakfast. The improvements to the beach here have made it one of the best beaches on Nassau. I manage to go scuba diving everyday and everyday we we able to see sharks. We went to the same spots as Stuart Coves go to for the shark dives, so the sharks were pretty friendly. We also had some great wall dives and had some time with a spotted eagle ray. This was probably one of my best Sandals dive trips. One other highlight of the trip was the transfer from the airport in the Rolls Royce, I love that car.
Thanks again to Jennifer at Sand and Sun Vacations for making this a special trip for my wife and I.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Davis TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I would like to start this review by saying this was our sixth Sandals trip and we love Sandals resorts but, I have had my first disappointing trip with them. We stayed at the Royal Bahamian Dec. 29-Jan. 5 for a New Year's/Birthday trip. We booked a King George walkout room in the newly remodeled Balmoral building. When we arrived and were shown to our room, it was not what we booked, I questioned the girl and she stated it was an upgrade... I frequent the Sandals site and am very familiar with the room categories and this room was NOT an upgrade. She said she would check into it, to stay in the room and they would get back to us. So, instead of starting our vacation we sat in the room.
After thirty minutes and no word, I called the concierge desk to see what had been decided and they had yet to find a solution. After another thirty minutes, I went down to see if I might receive some assistance instead of just sitting in the room. Still nothing but, instead of being told to sit and wait, I was ushered to a manager's office where I sat for another 45 minutes. Once a manager finally joined me, I was again told it was an upgraded room. When I asked the room name and was told, it was in fact not an upgrade... I had the Sandals site pulled up on my iPad. Once they were caught, they admitted that it was not an upgrade and they were simply overbooked and had made a mistake.
At this point they realized they had truly made a mistake and started offering to make the error up to us; Gordon’s Pier dinner, small resort credit and a REAL upgrade. It was nice and, I guess, made up for the mistake but, my true gripe is… Why didn’t they just say we messed up and we will make it up to you in the beginning? We are laid back, would have stayed in the first room if they had been upfront and have in fact booked two more Sandals trips. We would have respected the honesty and been much more understanding if we had not been treated like idiots.
To further the disappointment, on my Birthday nothing was acknowledged by Sandals. We have been three times, to other Sandals resorts, over my husband’s Birthday and they have gone above and beyond to make us feel special. This seems to be the all-around mood of the Royal Bahamian… Nothing that might be out of their way!
Lastly, TIPPING! Over the last six trips to Sandals we have seen tipping here and there but, very little. Not at the Royal Bahamian! Several times a day we saw wait staff and bartenders take tips from the guest and guess who received better service…
All in all it was still a beach vacation and we had a decent time but, it is going to take some time to make a return trip to this resort.

Sara Adams
Fort Davis, Texas

Room Tip: Know what you booked... Sandals is pricey and you should get what you pay for!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple