“Honeymoon Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$305 Spa or Tour Credit!
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Honeymoon Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Overall, my husband and I gave our Honeymoon a 7 out of 10. Some downfalls, completely had nothing to do with Sandals, but more so the weather (we only got 1 good day of sun - others were mainly cloudy, but still warm enough to lay by the ocean and pool) and the fact that my wallet disappeared (not accusing stealing by any means!) We got to the resort the day after Christmas and left NYE day. The resort itself was beautiful! This was the first time either of us have traveled to the Bahamas/Caribbean so we weren't sure what to expect. Again, the resort was beautiful, clean and the customer service was amazing. All the employees were there to help you. When we got into our room, it was obvious that the toliet seat was overlooked - we called our concierge desk and someone was up within minutes, from there on we had NO issues with cleanliness.
The only two things we were disappointed in were the dinner reservations and the food. My husband and I are by NO means food snobs, but we both agreed that the best meal we had was their wood fired pizzas. Back to the reservations, we called the next morning after arriving, promptly at 9AM when reservations open up, and wanted to make reservations for all the restaurants that need them. The lady said she'd called back to confirm our dates and times. I went back up to our room at noon to find out nothing had been booked, and we would only be able to go to 2 of the 3 reservations-required restaurants, and both were 9pm reservations. I was completely bummed because the one place I wanted to go (Cafe Gombay on the island) was the one we couldn't get. The fact that we called as soon as we could, and still didn't get what we wanted was a bummer. The other food aspect was that in most restaurants (not Baccarat) I felt rushed. I understand they have this down to a science, but we were in and out of Kimono's (hibachi) within 25 minutes! All in all, the food was not bad, but it didn't blow us away, and from what I've read that's to be expected at any all-inclusive resorts (though we did hear that the food was excellent at Emerald Bay from multiple people).
My husband and I both agreed that the convience factor of an all-inclusive was amazing. We literally had no worries. I will say that if you're expecting a 5-start resort with 5-star restaurants, go to the Ritz-Carlton.
If we do this again, I think we'd explore to the Emerald Bay resort or one of the more secluded islands to get a more Caribbean feel, as Nassau was more commercialized than I was expecting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,103)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

FOOD: The special dining food from all the restaurants were amazing. If you are on your honeymoon, definitely recommend dinner by the beach or at the Gordon's at night. Its worth your $$.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: I have been to quite a few Caribbean resorts but Sandals definitely speaks out. The customer service was amazing. The name speaks for itself 'royal bahamian'. From the receptionist, bartender, server to room service, everyone was nice; they were always smiling which made you feel warm and welcomed. My husband and I went to see the Atlantis (definitely recommend it for a day tour), and the customer service was NOT so nice. The receptionist/servers weren't too helpful when we had asked some questions about the resort and its whereabouts.

ROOM: We had a beachfront ocenview room, which was overlooking at the Gordon's. It was a beautiful view at morning to night when you step into your balcony. The room was clean and tidy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Amazing rooms, restaurants and private island. My only advice is check the weather because it wasn't hot when we went. We are from Ontario so we wanted hot. We still had an amazing time despite the cold beach. Highlights was the french restaurant, champagne and cake from our butler all the time and nightly jazz on the heated patio's. 5 star resort for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My Wife and I went to Sandals in Aug 12 and let me tell you i am still talking about it! one of the best vacation we went on to date and we have been to quite a few of these all inclusive.The minute we landed not one hiccup,when you get out of the car you are greeted with a cool towel from there it was smooth, the room was very clean loaded with beer, waters, booze you name it and if you don't see it asked for it.The staff was overly nice, example i was looking for the shop and i stopped one of the staff members to get direction to it ..he told me come this way he walked me from one side of the resort to the shop ..and get this! he wasn't even going in the direction of the shop ,AND HE EVEN OPEN THE DOOR FOR ME!! Here is another tip don't go to a travel agent, do it yourself! go to there web site and book it get the Insurance well worth it ENJOY!! and if you could, take jet blue we did not have any delays with them!

Room Tip: great view if you are high all water view we were looking over the pool nice
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I were here shortly after christmas.This was our 2nd return to Sandals and we were not disappointed.Our first time was at St.Lucia.Considering the price of Sandals,when we wanted to tour the Carribean again we chose a lower fee resort.BIG MISTAKE! You get what you pay for.We left realizing that Sandals is the only way to go.

This resort was 10 minutes from the airport.They brought our luggage to our room as we were offered champagne as we signed in.Since we were revisiting they gave us a free upgrade and a concierge.Our room was clean,spacious,and we loved the mini bar.
Every night the maids would come and turn the beds down,fridge was stocked everyday,and there was always entertainment from 10 am on.

There were many choices of restaurants.Most of the food was really good.I didn't care for their alcohol drinks.The menu needed more variety and they were weak.

The weather,being Chritmas I guess,was disappointing.Mainly 71-73 degrees.The ocean and beaches were so beautiful but just to cold to get into.The one day it was 81 and we did light swimming & than hit the pool since it was slightly heated.

One of the colder days we decided to go visit Atlantis.It was $40 for the pass (pp).The bus picks you up out front $1.25(pp) and then you take a $4(pp) ferry.Its a lot of walking so wear comfortable shoes! While approaching the hotel there are many stores to walk through and than you hit the hotel. Atlantis was very nice & even had a casino! Leaving Atlantis we hit the straw market and even visited the Pirate Museum ($12 pp) a must see!

I truly felt safe and comfortable touring Bahamas ( not like Jamaica) and will stay with Sandals.This resort is beautiful and has the offshore island,and definitely me booking in the future!

DMUNNY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We recently stated at Sandals Royal Bahamian for New Years. We had a great time the place was clean. The food was excellent and the fireworks for New Years were really cool. I would recommend this resort for your next stay. Special mention to Sally and Omar in reception for taking the time to make our stay special. Alexis at Casanova for great service. Orthelo and the staff at Crickets for going out of their way. The piano bar was great and we loved the fire pits for keeping us toasty at night. Don't miss out on a great massage at Red Lane. My only critique is they need to have paid room service for non vips and snack machines in the hotel.

Room Tip: For privacy we liked the room at Bal Moral facing the ocean very private.
bbvbgurl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at Sandals RB with my husband and 3 others from 12/26-12/30. We had a great vacation and enjoyed the volleyball and offshore island the most.

Check in: Check-in was a little strange. It was very nice to be greeted with a cool towel, but I didn't like how we had to wait for the whole shuttle to have their bags before we were escorted to registration. Once we were there we received champagne, but had to wait a while to be checked in. It wasn't that big of a deal, but it was weird not to be told what was going on.

Room: We had asked if they had any upgrades available when we checked in, but were told they were at full occupancy. We were escorted to our room in the royal village. It wasn't anything fancy, but clean and nicely decorated. We had a mini bar with non-alcoholic drinks. When we asked the bellman if we would be able to get any alcohol, he sent over the mini bar stocker who told us these rooms don't usually get alcohol, but he will bring us an assortment. When we arrived back in our room later that night, we found our bar to be fully stocked with full sized bottles of liquor and wine!
I did not sleep very well the first night because the royal village rooms do not have central A/C and it was very difficult to get our A/C unit to a desirable temperature. It was either really hot or freezing cold.
The next morning, I called the reception desk to see if there was any availability for an upgrade. They moved us to a beautiful room in the Windsor Building. It did not have a great view, but it was a much nicer/bigger room on the first floor with central A/C. I was very happy.

Food: Our favorite place to eat dinner was the Crystal Room. The crab legs were delicious! Almost once a day we had pizza by the volleyball court. It is made right outside in front of you and the scenary on the patio is gorgeous. We ate at the Italian restaurant one night. We enjoyed the antipasta bar, but overall it was just okay. We were not able to get reservations at any of the restaurants that required one(except Cafe Goombay: See below), but others in our party went to Baccarat and said they enjoyed the Crystal Room much better. Cafe Goombay was a beautiful dining experience. The food was just okay, but the service was fantastic and the atmosphere was perfect. If you can only get one reservation during your stay, make sure not to miss Cafe Goombay. The drinks at all locations were good, but even better when you ask for more alcohol (otherwise they are pretty weak). You have to try the Hummingbird! The specialty cocktails started getting a little too sweet for my taste so I switched to drinking Absolut and cranberry. It was nice to have top shelf liquor available and the bartenders weren't stingy on it. Wine was a lot better than I expected. I enjoyed the Pinot Grigio, Chardonay, Cabernet, and the Sparkling wine. For an all inclusive resort, their house wine was the best I have come across.

Things to do: We had a blast playing volleyball with Jason! He was great at organizing a good group of people to play and I even saw him one day delivering drinks to both teams! Our favorite day was when we spent almost the whole day on the offshore island. Even though the ocean was cold, it really felt warm after diving in and swimming around. the water is crystal clear and the beaches are beautiful. The pool bar was fun and relaxing. The pool water is freezing at this time, but I still went in and swam around. The piano bar on the main island is a great time. If you are not atleast slightly intoxicated, it can be a little overwhelming, The bartenders in this bar know how to make a good drink. I just liked sipping on Grand Marnier while I was in here, but one night they made me a concoction called "brown sugar" with baileys, kahlua and other coffee liquors. You will have a great time at this resort even if you do not partake in the nightlife.

Customer Service: Was definitely hit or miss at this Sandals. Some employees really seemed to enjoy their job and others seemed to hate it. A lot of the daytime bartenders seemed to have a negative attitude, however the bartenders at the offshore pool bar were great. The entertainment staff is wonderful and we really enjoyed all of our dinner waiters/waitresses. The concierge was friendly, however, it was very hard to talk to them since they were always busy.

Overall, we had a great time at Sandals Royal Bahamian and would recommend it to others!