Overall, my husband and I gave our Honeymoon a 7 out of 10. Some downfalls, completely had nothing to do with Sandals, but more so the weather (we only got 1 good day of sun - others were mainly cloudy, but still warm enough to lay by the ocean and pool) and the fact that my wallet disappeared (not accusing stealing by any means!) We got to the resort the day after Christmas and left NYE day. The resort itself was beautiful! This was the first time either of us have traveled to the Bahamas/Caribbean so we weren't sure what to expect. Again, the resort was beautiful, clean and the customer service was amazing. All the employees were there to help you. When we got into our room, it was obvious that the toliet seat was overlooked - we called our concierge desk and someone was up within minutes, from there on we had NO issues with cleanliness.
The only two things we were disappointed in were the dinner reservations and the food. My husband and I are by NO means food snobs, but we both agreed that the best meal we had was their wood fired pizzas. Back to the reservations, we called the next morning after arriving, promptly at 9AM when reservations open up, and wanted to make reservations for all the restaurants that need them. The lady said she'd called back to confirm our dates and times. I went back up to our room at noon to find out nothing had been booked, and we would only be able to go to 2 of the 3 reservations-required restaurants, and both were 9pm reservations. I was completely bummed because the one place I wanted to go (Cafe Gombay on the island) was the one we couldn't get. The fact that we called as soon as we could, and still didn't get what we wanted was a bummer. The other food aspect was that in most restaurants (not Baccarat) I felt rushed. I understand they have this down to a science, but we were in and out of Kimono's (hibachi) within 25 minutes! All in all, the food was not bad, but it didn't blow us away, and from what I've read that's to be expected at any all-inclusive resorts (though we did hear that the food was excellent at Emerald Bay from multiple people).
My husband and I both agreed that the convience factor of an all-inclusive was amazing. We literally had no worries. I will say that if you're expecting a 5-start resort with 5-star restaurants, go to the Ritz-Carlton.
If we do this again, I think we'd explore to the Emerald Bay resort or one of the more secluded islands to get a more Caribbean feel, as Nassau was more commercialized than I was expecting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau