I've read tons of reviews on here before going and I know these reviews helped me so I hope mine help you.
Stayed from: dec 26-29 (3 night trip)
Room: We booked a cable beach ocean view balcony room in the balmoral tower. They gave us a room that had half an ocean view (not a 180 panoramic view as they advertised on the site) and it backed up onto their garbage disposal area. You could hear the trucks arrive every morning. This was room 521 (no butler or concierge). We called front desk right away and the lady said they didn't have ours available and said that they couldn't do anything about it. This was a huge disappointment. The floor was also sticky when we arrived like it wasn't mopped after the previous people left. We talked to another couple who said they found blood on their door .. What?!
Location: beach.. Very nice. Bugs... Not so nice but there weren't many so it didn't bother me. The water is amazing.. I don't have any complaints with the water and beach.. The island as well... It's amazing. We loved it.
Food: very mediocre for me.... Nothing you won't get back home... The fruit was the most dissapointing part... I was surprised they served canned fruits . However, GO TO THE CRYSTAL ROOM! That was the best food out of all of them.
Staff: some were amazing some weren't.. But overall it was fine..
Activities: ask for their nightly activity guide.. It's worth it. Go to their events and have fun. I enjoyed the lovers games, the dance off, the Junkanoo street party, the music was always good, the live bands. Also.. GO SNORKLING!!!!!!! It was amazing amazing amazing. The fish swim so close it was so cool. It's free too!!!
Likes: it was very calm and NOT crowded at all... Lots of room and privacy everywhere you go. The pizza was amazing. Waters were great. Locals are soooooo awesome and so nice and welcoming. The country is super safe. The resort was nice and small, making it an intimate setting. Lots of choices for food. SNORKLING is a must do.
Dislikes: room, manager was 'too busy' to resolve our issue of the room, cleanliness in room, fruit selection.
Overall, it was a good vacation. We expected more but we made the most of what it was and had an amazing time, for that reason it was worth the money but I do think that the room issue and it not being resolved before I left makes me angry just thinking about it. I don't know if sandals will be in my plans in the future..
& BUTLER SERVICE? Not worth it. We made it on our own just fine and there was nothing that I couldn't do. It's more fun doing it yourself together anyway... That's my opinion! & 3 days was enough for us... Another day would have been boring .
Also.. Go out to Atlantis for a day .. You'll have fun!
We paid in total 3500 for 3 days from toronto. Was expensive....and we didn't even get the room we paid more for. Dissapointing and still mad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau