Recently stayed at the Royal Bahamian. We stayed in a Penthouse Beachfront Butler Suite which was really nice. It wasn't the largest room (for instance a sofa wouldn't fit in this room), but was in the remodeled tower so everything was new. It had a nice balcony with two chaise lounge chairs. This was really nice to just lay out on in the evening and listen to the music being played below along with the waves lapping up on the shore. (Always opt for the balcony if you can...we think it is well worth the extra expense)!
It was pretty windy while we were there and as a result, the island was closed for a couple of days. We were able to go out to the island our third day and really enjoyed it. It's really a nice break from the main resort. Easy to find a private spot and you can still get drinks, lunch, a massage or just read and relax.
While the resort is pretty large with tons of amenities, it's easy to navigate. There is a "cut-through" spot to go from one tower to the other so you can hit a number of bars, restaurants or pools without having to walk too far.
The fitness center has a great view and plenty of equipment. The free weight area is a little tight, but it works.
The fire pits created a very cool atmosphere at night and the hot-tubs were nice to have too.
The Villas section is very cool. While it's the furthest point from the beach, it's really not that far and if you're looking for something quiet, this would be the section. The landscaping is really nice and the small pools dotted around this area make it seem like it's own private resort. I don't think they have pool service for drinks in the Villa section, so that may be a negative for some.
Our disappointment was with regard to the food. While it was decent, it certainly wasn't 5 Star. We had steak and lobster one night at Baccarat and would recommend that restaurant. We went to Gordon's on the Pier, but it was too windy to stay. The Pub was a fun spot, but the food just wasn't good there...thought you couldn't go wrong with a sandwich and fries, but have learned otherwise. The Royal Cafe was decent...again not great. Same for the restaurant on the island. When we were done with our lunch, we asked the waitress what they had for dessert. I'm not kidding, she said "it's up there, go get it yourself." My wife and I laughed. They were small desserts up on a tray.
The staff was friendly, but I wouldn't say they went out of their way to make you feel welcome. We're used to even the landscaping crew saying hello at other resorts and that just isn't the case here. It really has a feel of staying at a resort in the U.S. Not a bad thing, but other than the staff assigned to your specific task, they just seem too busy doing their own thing to take time to recognize the guests....doesn't have a real Caribbean hospitality feel compared to some others.
My wife used the spa and said it was great. If they can get the food straightened out and the staff a little friendlier, this will be a great place to vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau