We stayed 12/19-12/23 for a pre-Christmas getaway. Highlights? We stayed in the Balmoral Tower in Room 620, which had a great view of the ocean. We used the small balcony. The food at Baccarat was our favorite meal, and we regretted that we only ate there once. The lamb and lobster were both delicious, and our server was first-rate. We also had a fun, almost private wine tasting with Oswald; he offered a great tasting lesson and he was very friendly and knowledgeable. We loved the piano bar and spent every night there. Each night was a different mix of guests, from older to younger couples. The pianist, Leo, was awesome. So funny and he posed for pictures with us. The bartenders in the piano bar room were also very good. The dinner for returning guests was also very nice, and the free bottle of rum was a bonus. The rooms were kept clean and tidy. We also enjoyed our breakfast buffets, though the one morning we ate at Baccarat service was very slow.
Criticisms? It was our third Sandals and we weren't upgraded, despite having stayed there previously and knowing that the hotel was not full. There was limited restaurant availability due to the weather one evening and the hotel not being full. We waited nearly an hour to get into Crystal Room, and the service/food reflected the fact that the restaurant was over-capacity. At times, activities and restaurants were listed on our handout that in fact never took place or were closed. The staff wasn't fully in the loop, and at times, a few of the pool bartenders were not very friendly. However, one of the chefs at the pizza place found and kept a misplaced bag for us, so we were very grateful for that. We also were dispatched to the airport ridiculously early--we had 2.5 hours to kill before we boarded our flight.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay. We enjoyed swimming, kayaking, playing pool, snorkeling, and the TX Hold 'Em game. And I'll also emphasize we really enjoyed Leo and the piano bar--definitely spend one night there!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Hotels.com, Amex, Olotels, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.