We stayed 11/11/12 - 21/11/12.
Bit of a long journey, we flew Manchester to Heathrow, Heathrow to Miami & then Miami to Bahamas but boy was it worth it. All flights going were very smooth no delays, main flight was with Virgin, we upgraded well worth the money. Quite a long wait in customs as Nassau due to many locals on the flight bringing bought goods back from miami, but hey no big deal we were on holiday.
We booked The Royal Windsor beachfront one bedroom suite (butler service) so our review is based on what we booked. We were met at the airport by a driver and Rolls Royce what a fab way to start the holiday, short journey to the hotel which took 15 mins in total, check in was a little slow as we were late and all our bulters has gone home, but no biggie we just took it in our stride. We were given a rum punch (no cold towel) and shown to our room. Wow was the words that came out of our mouths, the room was fantastic we couldn't see the balcony porperly as it was dark but the next morning the wow factor began, huge room, huge balcony and a view to die for.
The night we arrived we just went to the English Bar and the lady who runs it (unbeknown to us) was asked by our driver to come and make sure we were ok, he told her we'd had a long journey and was hungry so she quickly came to us to see what we would like to eat, which we thought was very kind and thoughtful of both the driver and the lady that runs the bar (by the way I forgot her name but she was English).
The resort is very well kept (considering hurricane Sandy had been through just over a week before), compact but not too small plenty of sunloungers around the pool, however, with butler service they reserve the beds of your choice, but I never saw anyone have trouble getting a bed. The beach was nice (not as nice as 7 mile beach in Negril) but nice all the same, I was disappointed with the sea, it was cloudy and rough, too much for me to be able to swim in but we were told that Sandy has stirred things up and would take a few weeks to get back to normal. The beach and sea at the private island were perfect!!!!! The food over there at lunch time was fab, try the chicken curry Mmmmmmm, I suffer from bites (anything that has a mouth bites me) but I didn't have any trouble whatsoever over on the island.
The mail pool by the Windsor tower was where we hung out, it was fab, the pool was very clean but cold however in the heat of the day you welcome the coolness of the pool, plenty going on to keep us nosey people entertained lol, the music was quite loud sometimes either have a few more drinks the more you drink the better it sounds or just put your ipod earphones in, problem solved. The daytime entertainment staff do a fantastic job and work soooo hard in that heat.
All our food experiences were excellent other than the Italian, the night we went we did not enjoy it so we just didn't go back. Baccarats was our ultimate favourite the food was exceptional in there and we made a point of going more that once (our butlers already had our meals booked for us and we were given a schedule upon our arrival) if you didn't like where you ate the first time just ask them to change your booking to somewhere else if you are down for a second visit, although we had butler service and everything and I mean everything was reserved for us I never saw anyone in long lines waiting for tables to eat. Room service, mini bar and breakfast on the balcony was fab.
The room was clean and incredibly well maintained, anything you asked for was brought straight away. We asked for a coffee machine and it was there in 10 mins, nothing was too much trouble.
All the staff were very pleasant, always smiling and willing to help, the whole hotel seemed to have a real feel good atmosphere. And our butlers especially Corey was brill, my birthday night was a night that I will nevr forget thank to him!!!!!!
There is nowhere to walk to really, so we just jumped on the number 10 bus outside and went into downtown Nassau on more than one occasion, what an experience it was the best, shops are abundent, friendly locals, plenty of places to eat and Senor Frogs the best bar chain we have ever been to, called in a few time for just a couple during the day and rolled out on an evening merry to say the least the best trouble free atmosphere of any bar we have been to on our travels. Senor Frogs is a legend!!!!!
We booked a trip online whilst we were there (10% discount for booking online) to the Exumas we booked this through Powerboat Adventures and must say it was worth every single penny we paid and would do it again in a breath the powerboat was super cool and very modern and most of all fast! The islands were breathtaking and in my book its a must do.
The spa was expensive but worth the money.
I do agree with other reviews for the price you pay for you holiday WiFi should be included and not charged as on extra.
Fantastic holiday, people, hotel and most of all staff can't wait to go back, hopefully very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau