“First Time At Sandals And Not The Last!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$305 Spa or Tour Credit!
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Leeds, United Kingdom
“First Time At Sandals And Not The Last!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed 11/11/12 - 21/11/12.

Bit of a long journey, we flew Manchester to Heathrow, Heathrow to Miami & then Miami to Bahamas but boy was it worth it. All flights going were very smooth no delays, main flight was with Virgin, we upgraded well worth the money. Quite a long wait in customs as Nassau due to many locals on the flight bringing bought goods back from miami, but hey no big deal we were on holiday.

We booked The Royal Windsor beachfront one bedroom suite (butler service) so our review is based on what we booked. We were met at the airport by a driver and Rolls Royce what a fab way to start the holiday, short journey to the hotel which took 15 mins in total, check in was a little slow as we were late and all our bulters has gone home, but no biggie we just took it in our stride. We were given a rum punch (no cold towel) and shown to our room. Wow was the words that came out of our mouths, the room was fantastic we couldn't see the balcony porperly as it was dark but the next morning the wow factor began, huge room, huge balcony and a view to die for.

The night we arrived we just went to the English Bar and the lady who runs it (unbeknown to us) was asked by our driver to come and make sure we were ok, he told her we'd had a long journey and was hungry so she quickly came to us to see what we would like to eat, which we thought was very kind and thoughtful of both the driver and the lady that runs the bar (by the way I forgot her name but she was English).

The resort is very well kept (considering hurricane Sandy had been through just over a week before), compact but not too small plenty of sunloungers around the pool, however, with butler service they reserve the beds of your choice, but I never saw anyone have trouble getting a bed. The beach was nice (not as nice as 7 mile beach in Negril) but nice all the same, I was disappointed with the sea, it was cloudy and rough, too much for me to be able to swim in but we were told that Sandy has stirred things up and would take a few weeks to get back to normal. The beach and sea at the private island were perfect!!!!! The food over there at lunch time was fab, try the chicken curry Mmmmmmm, I suffer from bites (anything that has a mouth bites me) but I didn't have any trouble whatsoever over on the island.

The mail pool by the Windsor tower was where we hung out, it was fab, the pool was very clean but cold however in the heat of the day you welcome the coolness of the pool, plenty going on to keep us nosey people entertained lol, the music was quite loud sometimes either have a few more drinks the more you drink the better it sounds or just put your ipod earphones in, problem solved. The daytime entertainment staff do a fantastic job and work soooo hard in that heat.

All our food experiences were excellent other than the Italian, the night we went we did not enjoy it so we just didn't go back. Baccarats was our ultimate favourite the food was exceptional in there and we made a point of going more that once (our butlers already had our meals booked for us and we were given a schedule upon our arrival) if you didn't like where you ate the first time just ask them to change your booking to somewhere else if you are down for a second visit, although we had butler service and everything and I mean everything was reserved for us I never saw anyone in long lines waiting for tables to eat. Room service, mini bar and breakfast on the balcony was fab.
The room was clean and incredibly well maintained, anything you asked for was brought straight away. We asked for a coffee machine and it was there in 10 mins, nothing was too much trouble.
All the staff were very pleasant, always smiling and willing to help, the whole hotel seemed to have a real feel good atmosphere. And our butlers especially Corey was brill, my birthday night was a night that I will nevr forget thank to him!!!!!!

There is nowhere to walk to really, so we just jumped on the number 10 bus outside and went into downtown Nassau on more than one occasion, what an experience it was the best, shops are abundent, friendly locals, plenty of places to eat and Senor Frogs the best bar chain we have ever been to, called in a few time for just a couple during the day and rolled out on an evening merry to say the least the best trouble free atmosphere of any bar we have been to on our travels. Senor Frogs is a legend!!!!!

We booked a trip online whilst we were there (10% discount for booking online) to the Exumas we booked this through Powerboat Adventures and must say it was worth every single penny we paid and would do it again in a breath the powerboat was super cool and very modern and most of all fast! The islands were breathtaking and in my book its a must do.

The spa was expensive but worth the money.

I do agree with other reviews for the price you pay for you holiday WiFi should be included and not charged as on extra.

Fantastic holiday, people, hotel and most of all staff can't wait to go back, hopefully very soon.

Room Tip: If it is at all possible choose butler service you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,102)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

First time at Sandals !! Loved it .. Beautiful place wonderful staff . So much to do , if you dont feel like vegging out . the Entertainment staff was amazing ! Shows were great loved Bullet , great personallity !!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

Food is at best mediocre, 45 min wait time for dinner multiple times when there were a bunch of open tables (deliberate understaffing to save $$, after 4 days we had to call for more shampoo since hskg never left any on their own, most gym equipment worked only randomly, twice no towels in the gym, also no wipes to clean the equipment, 1 of the 2 elevators in our building got stuck about half the time (always on floor 3). I could go on, but that's the gist of it.

• Stayed December 2012
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations for service and quality. We have many guests who feel the direct opposite and have boasted of our luxurious accommodations. As hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review.

We strive to meet our motto: Luxury All-Inclusive Vacations for Two People in Love. We are in a constant state of evolving our resorts and updating our amenities so I will be sure to send your feedback to the relevant departments.

Thank you for your feedback.

Cassie C.
Blackfalds, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

After reading very similar reviews to what my experience was, I will try and keep this short and sweet. Overall rating is 9.9/10. I truly have to nitpick to find flaws. Our room was slightly disapointing for the amount of money we paid. We stayed in a butler suite in the royal windsor tower, and it was in desperate need of updating. Because of the age of the hotel, the rooms were not as clean as I would have hoped (not for fault of housekeeping, it was just an old room). The food in all of the restaurants was simply amazing. We ate at all the restaurants at least once except for the pub. We were not disapointed in any of the meals. Our butler service was simply put, wonderful. They truly left us to enjoy ourselves without someone constantly over our shoulder, but were there for our every need, and were very polite and helpful with any questions or inquiries we may have had. The little details like unexpected drawn bubble baths with rose petals leading up to it after dinners were very sweet. The beaches were beautiful and well maintained. The staff every where we went were beyond friendly.
My only true complaint (other than the room issue as aforementioned) was the travel agents convention (as noted in another review). There truly were so many of them it was like you couldn't escape them wherever you went. The majority of them that I encountered were most often drunk, loud, and to be perfectly honest, quite obnoxious. Very often when trying to get something to eat, or enjoying an activity, our desires were hindered for the sheer volume of these travel agents trying to accomplish the same thing. My only hope here is that should I book again, I would hope that the booking agent would inform me of such an event so that I could plan my trip during another time when perhaps the resort wouldn't be overrun to the same degree that I had experienced.
Save for these minor issues that I had (I call them minor, because truly, in the grand scheme of things, they are very minor issues compared to other places I have been) the trip was absolutely amazing. Before we even left, we started planning our next trip to a sandals resort! Bucket list is to visit all of them before the next big birthday!

Room Tip: I would highly recommend staying in the balmoral tower until they give the windsor tower much needed...
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is the second time I have been to a Sandals resort, and was again blown away. I will say it was not quite as nice as the Sandals in St. Lucia, but still wonderful. My husband and I were there celebrating a wedding anniversary, and the couple were actually upgraded to a butler suite at no extra cost. I personally don’t think it was worth any extra money, and glad we did not get that room. Our room was incredible, in the Widsor building, access to everything and the PERFECT ocean view! It was wonderful to wake up to that every morning.

We were there the first week in December and the weather was beautiful, 80 degrees every day. There was one day of full rain, but being in Paradise you just have to make the best of it. The only real complaint we had was that when we were on the island one day and it started raining, the staff just STOPPED working. Like they were going to leave. It was very strange. There was an older gentleman (he was 82) who got up at 11:45 am from his seat in the restaurant and actually handed out menus to everyone because the staff was not doing anything. Once one of them saw him, she jumped into action, but only when he was going to work himself. I am pretty sure that it rains there fairly regularly, and that is no excuse for the staff to pack up and get ready to leave. They should have been offering coffee/tea -anything!

I read on here that people had a hard time getting chairs, we NEVER did. As long as you get there before 11 am there were always lounge chairs and plenty of towels. There were NEVER any problems getting reservations with restaurants as long as you are somewhat flexible with what time you can eat dinner. Don’t get there the day before and expect a 7 pm reservation. It won’t happen. In fact, one day we wanted to eat at Baccarat, and the only time they had was 9 pm, so we said, “ok, but if anything opens can you please let us know?” Sure enough, they called and said that at 7:30 opened, so we were in! It was the BEST restaurant in the whole resort, and Alexander made everything wonderful with his friendly and helpful personality. If only everyone at the resort was that nice. Spices was the buffet and it was OK. About what you would expect from a buffet. Casanova was not very good, not a big enough selection, and they were out of the veggie dish. I did get VERY ill off of the lamb, and we did not go there again. Gordon’s was great, except the wind was blowing so hard that we were moved inside to a different restaurant so the experience was not exactly what we wanted. The lobster was incredible though, and great service.

There are 2 large pools, one is cold and the other is warmer. The swim up bar in the cold pool had great service, and Shelly was so friendly! One day I was not feeling well and she made me a drink of soda water to help my stomach. Very nice. The other bar was always busy, but it is a 2 minute walk for great service.

The highlight of the trip was the piano bar. I have to say, Leonardo made the experience WONDERFUL! He knows how to work the crowd and always takes a minute to chat with guests. I don’t know if he will see this, but by the end of the trip we were all “Cousins”!!! His personality was friendly and he wants everyone to have a great time. I wish we had people like him back home in Seattle.

Overall the trip was great, and just what we needed to get out of the Seattle rain. I think we will try a different Sandals before we go back to this one though.

Room Tip: Room 1520 in the Windsor building had the most amazing ocean view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian for our Honeymoon arriving on November 6, 2012. Arrival went well...warm greeting, glass of champagne and a nice, comfortable lobby. That is the ONLY good thing that I can say about our vacation. When we got to our room, we booked Kensignton Luxury Beachfront room...it wreaked of cigarette smoke and the bathroom was filthy...pubic hairs on the floor and bathtub, something not identifiable under the sink. We called Housekeeping to come clean the room...it took them 3 hours to get there. I called the front desk and they said the room was fine and there was nothing they could do. I finally tracked down the hotel manager on duty and asked for a meeting to express our extreme displeasure with our room as well as several aspects that were not as advertised.

I've been to several "Luxury" all inclusive resorts and they all offer 24 hour room service. Sandals does NOT! Are you kidding me??? They cater to the Wedding/Honeymoon market and they don't offer room service!! Also, you can only get 1 hot breakfast delivered to your room during your stay...at least in the concierge level rooms. In meeting other couples, apparently, if you get a Butler room then you can get room service...that is, if you can find your butler. We talked with 3 couples (rooms near ours) all of which had butlers and they had nothing good to say about them.

Our first night at the resort, at dinner, I ordered a glass of wine. It was served in a plastic cup. At first I thought it was a joke and was looking for the hidden camera. I asked the server why wine was being served in a plastic cup and I was told "that's all we have". I looked around the room and noticed a variety of sizes and types of other wine glasses. Upon further investigation, I was told that they only had a limited number of glasses and had run out. How in the world do you run out of glasses in a luxury all-inclusive resort??

I could give you the daily play by play, but it's painful at best. By the second day we were ready to leave and go home. The hotel we got married at was so much nicer and we longed for great food and service.

In a 6 night stay, we NEVER had a good meal...unless we left the resort!! The service is "island style" which roughly translated means "when I damn well feel like and and when I'm done talking to my friends and painting my nails".

Save your hard earned vacation money and go somewhere else. I can't stay it enough...SANDALS SUCKS!!! The food is just plain bad, the service is horrible and the overall experience doesn't even qualify for one star!!

There are so many great all-inclusive properties...DO NOT go to SANDALS!!!!

Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Nassau to the Sandals Royal Bahamian in May 2012 with three other couples. We had already been to the Sandals in Montego Bay Jamaica so we were able to do a comparison between the two Sandals resorts. Sandals Royal Bahamian in my opinion was way more beautiful than Montego Bay. There were two things that I liked better in Jamaica, the fruit and the people, but other than that Royal Bahamian wins hands down.

First of all the beaches are absolutely beautiful. I have never seen such crystal clear water. If you visit Royal Bahamian make sure to stay in the Manor building. It has recently been refurbished and feels brand new. We stayed in room 105 which was a ground floor (perfect) right next to a fire pit and pool with swim up bar. This pool is less crowded then the other one. The other pool usually has music playing so I liked being in a more tranquil environment. I can’t tell you how pleased I was with this room! The food is good and drinks are plenty. They stock your room daily with beverages and I mean stock! There are full bottles of rum, wine, champagne, cokes, cocktail mixers like cranberry juice, etc. If you drink everything in one night you will have a full bar the next day.

Opt for snorkeling through Sandals. We did two snorkeling adventures and believe it or not the free one through Sandals was better. Take a trip one night down to Atlantis and go to the aquarium and casino. Stay away from the shops in town. Most of the stuff is junk unless you like weaved baskets with your name on them that’s pretty much what you are left with.

The only negative was a sewage smell that was around the restaurant pier which came and went. I stayed on the beach closer to the Manor so I wasn’t bothered by it.

Room Tip: Room 105 in the Manor was amazing!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends