This is the second time I have been to a Sandals resort, and was again blown away. I will say it was not quite as nice as the Sandals in St. Lucia, but still wonderful. My husband and I were there celebrating a wedding anniversary, and the couple were actually upgraded to a butler suite at no extra cost. I personally don’t think it was worth any extra money, and glad we did not get that room. Our room was incredible, in the Widsor building, access to everything and the PERFECT ocean view! It was wonderful to wake up to that every morning.
We were there the first week in December and the weather was beautiful, 80 degrees every day. There was one day of full rain, but being in Paradise you just have to make the best of it. The only real complaint we had was that when we were on the island one day and it started raining, the staff just STOPPED working. Like they were going to leave. It was very strange. There was an older gentleman (he was 82) who got up at 11:45 am from his seat in the restaurant and actually handed out menus to everyone because the staff was not doing anything. Once one of them saw him, she jumped into action, but only when he was going to work himself. I am pretty sure that it rains there fairly regularly, and that is no excuse for the staff to pack up and get ready to leave. They should have been offering coffee/tea -anything!
I read on here that people had a hard time getting chairs, we NEVER did. As long as you get there before 11 am there were always lounge chairs and plenty of towels. There were NEVER any problems getting reservations with restaurants as long as you are somewhat flexible with what time you can eat dinner. Don’t get there the day before and expect a 7 pm reservation. It won’t happen. In fact, one day we wanted to eat at Baccarat, and the only time they had was 9 pm, so we said, “ok, but if anything opens can you please let us know?” Sure enough, they called and said that at 7:30 opened, so we were in! It was the BEST restaurant in the whole resort, and Alexander made everything wonderful with his friendly and helpful personality. If only everyone at the resort was that nice. Spices was the buffet and it was OK. About what you would expect from a buffet. Casanova was not very good, not a big enough selection, and they were out of the veggie dish. I did get VERY ill off of the lamb, and we did not go there again. Gordon’s was great, except the wind was blowing so hard that we were moved inside to a different restaurant so the experience was not exactly what we wanted. The lobster was incredible though, and great service.
There are 2 large pools, one is cold and the other is warmer. The swim up bar in the cold pool had great service, and Shelly was so friendly! One day I was not feeling well and she made me a drink of soda water to help my stomach. Very nice. The other bar was always busy, but it is a 2 minute walk for great service.
The highlight of the trip was the piano bar. I have to say, Leonardo made the experience WONDERFUL! He knows how to work the crowd and always takes a minute to chat with guests. I don’t know if he will see this, but by the end of the trip we were all “Cousins”!!! His personality was friendly and he wants everyone to have a great time. I wish we had people like him back home in Seattle.
Overall the trip was great, and just what we needed to get out of the Seattle rain. I think we will try a different Sandals before we go back to this one though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau