This is our second time to this resort. The last time was in 2004 and this time Nov 24th 2012 for a week.
I'm surprised how subjective reviews of the same place during the same week can be so different. I saw a flurry of bad reviews just before we left and was a little curious how our experience would be. Turns out we had a very enjoyable time with surprisingly quite good food, beautiful grounds and pool and fun time at the piano bar sing-a-long.
We stayed at the Windsor building with a view of the pool and beach. After the recent renovations of the Balmoral Tower, the Windsor is now looking somewhat older but still quite nice. We splurged and paid for a meal one night at Gordon's on the Pier which was very romantic and worthwhile in my opinion. Probably better than having a candlelight dinner on the beach or gazebo as it can be windy along the beach. If you want to do this you could probably wait until you arrive to make sure the weather is good for your romantic dinner. I hope I don't steer you wrong here as the resort wasn't full during the first of the week which is when we booked our Pier dinner. Later in the week a travel agents awards convention descended on the place which put the resort at capacity. I was surprised a couples only resort would host a convention but they were very pleasant to talk to and gave tips on the best Sandals resorts. Heard a lot of good things about emerald bay, bahamas and whitehouse, jamaica, FYI.
When I look at a resort I decide where i want to go first and then try to pick a nice place. If I just wanted the newest and best resorts I would probably keep going to Mexico which does a very good job at all inclusive, but I want to see other places. I also ignore the reviews that are overly critical or effusive as they are clearly subjective. My expectations are not super high as even the best places can disappoint and why let expectations ruin your trip? By doing this I can comfortably say i have never had a bad vacation... well, maybe Cuba.
I would definitely recommend SRB to anyone considering Bahamas!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.