“AMAZING!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

Best prices from these 3 sites
and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $755 Air Credit!!
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
“AMAZING!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

We'll start off by saying WOW!!! Do not listen to those negative reviews of this resort, everything and I mean everything, was absolutely amazing. The resort is like a 10 min drive from the airport and getting there is quick and easy. You are greeted with a cool towel that has such an amazing scent to it and the Sandals crew are fabulous! We went through all the sign in usuals and were on our way to our room when we realized they were taking us to the wrong place. We were booked in the Windsor Grande Luxe and our guide was taking us up the elevator to the second floor of the Balmoral Tower. Noticing this, we mentioned to her we were clearly being taken to the wrong place. Well she just smiled and said "let me show you something first" and off we went to our room. Our jaws dropped when she opened the door...the Windsor Grande Luxe was nowhere near the beauty of the view that ths room gave us. Beachfront, overlooking the ocean, can't beat it!!! We are so pleased that Sandals gave us this upgrade no extra charge. From what I hear it is not uncommon of them to do this and I think it's absolutely wonderful! The weather has been amazing, despite being a little windy, but come on, it's almost needed to cool off from the heat. The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous and very well kept. Everyday you see workers doing some form of upkeep to keep standards unmatched, which is generally unseen at other resorts. Beach has crystal clear waters and beautiful white sand. The night life can be a little quiet at times, which some people love, but if you know where to go you won't be disappointed. The Piano Bar and Cricketeers Pub make for some wild and crazy nights! Kimonos reservation restaurant is also fantastic for meeting and mingling with other couples. Our entire group there ended up going out after dinner and most of us didn't get to bed until 4 in the morning...it was such a blast! Now the best part of this resort? The food and the service! Unbeatable and just impeccable! From Bacarrat, another reservation restaurant, I swear I had the best steak of my life. And the service, just wow! Friendly, happy, punctual people clearly proud to be part of the Sandals family. It was wonderful. Cassanova's s another absolutely wonderful restaurant where you don't have to make a reservation, so if you're not into reservations go for Cassanova's...you will not be disappointed. There is not enough good things to say about this resort. We are extremely impressed. Will we be returning you ask? Just tell us where to sign.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Polish first
Wolcott, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I just came home from our stay at the Cove. Beautiful, exotic with an asian flair. Very Dramatic. Customer service at the front desk, superb! they want your business. Our room, an ocean view suite was great. View was excellent. Furniture a bit dated. Bathroom was amazing. The bed not so much. It was hard as a rock. Seriously! I slept maybe an hour... The next morning we complained and they replaced the bed. Excellent service. The AC wasnt cooling and our plasma screen was fuzzy, really??? We called and they sent up the engineer and he fixed them both in minutes. Crazy good. You have been hearing about the wind tunnel in the breezeway of the hotel , well its true! Its crazy windy. Ridiculous. The cain pool is sexy and right out of Vegas style hotels. Its awesome. However, it was freezing so we didnt stay. It was all shady and really breezy the way its situated on the tip of the beach. So we hung out at the Reef. Food and drinks very good and alot cheaper than the Cain pool, which is over rated. Girls walking around in high heels and a ton of make up... come on. We would have stay longer just to people watch but the bartender in the back bar near the beach acting like we were bothering him when we asked for a drink. So we never went back to him. Management should have him secretly shopped and then fired. We had drinks at Seaglass near the Cove before dinner each night. Service and ambiance was superb. Mesa Grill is overpriced and very small portions. If thats what you are into, go for it. Seafire Restaurant, we sat at the bar. A few of the bartenders are rude and then there is one that is exceptional nice. Food expensive but worth it. Good size portions. Carmines we sat at the bar. Very nice bartenders and excellent food. We love Atlantis and will return as this was our first time at the Cove. We will not go back as we think the Reef is just right for us. The Cove is a great hotel if you have alot of money to spend and want to hang out at the Cain pool.

Room Tip: Ocean view suites
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lewisberry , Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Over the TOP! The resort staff was incredible! I want to personally thank Shamone in the sales office for always being such a great host! He goes beyond the call of duty to insure a good time is had by all! The bar tenders, wait staff, chefs, room attendants, water sports, and sales team were all so friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be there helping us! Mr. Drake the General Manager was fantastic! You can tell how much he cares about this superb property! I know how busy he must have been preparing for the awards and always making sure everyone was happy. Everyday I saw him asking guests and agents if they needed anything. The food and restaurant options are over the top! On this trip I enjoyed the best Cream of Mushroom soup I have ever had in my life! it had a puff pastry over the top of the bowl. Delicious! All the rooms are located in a great location the room that is the farthest from the beach is only a 2 min leisure walk. It is very important to find a Travel Agent who has been to this resort to assist you in selecting the best room. There are many options: great ocean views, updated chic designed rooms and standard garden views. Many offer Butler service a DREAM COME TRUE insurance! To find out more about Butler service visit: http://ultratechtravel.com/Butler_Service.html
One evening we sat outside beachfront on comfortable lounge chairs surrounding a fire pit while enjoying a cocktail! Thank you for hosting us!

Room Tip: Contact a Chairman's Royal Club or Preferred Sandals Travel Agent who has been to the resort! T...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Clifton Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My trip to Sandals Royal Bahamian in May 2011 was outstanding. My boyfriend and I went for 5 days and we never wanted to leave. The resort was clean and beautiful, with employees cleaning all parts of the hotel, pools, beaches 24 hours a day. I am also impressed with the size of the resort. It was very large but also felt like a little community. The bedrooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable--everything appeared to be brand new. Staff was incredibly friendly and went out of their way to make you feel like home--especially Demetrio (who went by the name "The Colonel") was a great addition to our trip. Always around to snap that special moment with his camera--we took many of the photos home with us. The vacation was very romantic--only couples at the resort, and most of the time it felt like we were alone. I was surprised to find that we were the only ones on the beach most of the time! felt like we had the place to ourselves. The off-shore private island was a vacation on a vacation. only took a few minutes to get there and also felt like we had the whole island to ourselves if you went around the back of one of the restaurants.

The entertainment was fantastic! Great beach party one night we were there. We attended every patio dance night that was offered--The keyboardist/singer was amazing. We also went to the piano bar often and did sing alongs with fellow tipsy vacationers. The pianist was also incredible. We definitely enjoyed the firepits on the deck and often fell asleep on the beds in front of them with a breathtaking view of the water.

The pools were always crystal clear and the swim up bar might have been one of the favorite parts of my trip. It was so relaxing to have quick, friendly service while relaxing on a float in the pool. The pool we went to every day did not have any games--it was nice and relaxing. For those who wanted games, the oversized pool on the other side of the property was perfect. It was also nice to sea the gorgeous peacocks hanging out all over the resort!

Lastly--THE FOOD! Oh my gosh, the food. It was delicious. We never tired of the buffets and we frequently visited the pizza shop and the restaurant overlooking the water. DEFINITELY make reservations for the fancier restaurants--its completely worth it. The fine dining restaurant was to die for. We ordered the lobster and what do you know--the waiter replys "Would you like two lobsters? They're delicious." Why, yes sir, I would love two lobsters! The habachi restaurant was also great. Hilarious chefs! All-inclusive is the way to go.

I am now spoiled forever because I dont think any place will ever compare to this one!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We visited this resort on November 24-29. When we arrived we were upgraded to a Concierge Suite in the Windsor Building. We had an oceanview room and the view was amazing! The resort was still doing some repairs from Hurricane Sandy but it did not affect the guests. The pools were clean and beautiful! The beach was amazing! Sandals cay was probably the best because it felt more secluded and was actually warmer than the main island. The food overall was really good. We didn't care for a few dishes but most were excellent. Most of the staff was great and went out of there way to help you in anyway possible. The only problem I saw was the nightly entertainment. They need alot better entertainers to come in because the ones we saw were horrible! Nightlife is lacking; Everyone seems to turn in early and so not much goes on at night. All in all, my husband and I enjoyed our stay very much and would return!

• Stayed November 2012
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed over Labor Day this year and since we had previously stayed at Beaches Turks and Caicos and had such an incredible experience, we assumed that the “adult” version, owned by the same company, would be just as wonderful. We were a little disappointed.

The room we stayed in was extremely nice. We stayed in a villa that had a bedroom, a sitting room, an in room bar, a porch with an overhang and table, and access to a private pool. An absolutely wonderful room. Within view of our room was a bocci court, a shuffleboard court, and tennis courts. The room was very private and faced away from the rest of the resort so felt even more private than it actually was which was very nice. The in room bar was stocked with local beer, wine, and champagne and was restocked each day with whatever you requested. There was a couple of bottles of liquor supplied in the room as well, but we did not partake in these. I’m sure they were adequate.

The resort itself was smallish compared to many others we’ve stayed at, was kept neat and clean, but for such a small resort had a few things we were not crazy about. First of all, when there were weddings, the main route from our room to the rest of the resort was closed to traffic for the wedding party, so we had to go around. Small issue but a little annoying. Second, the service really was not great. The staff was nice enough (if you said hello first), but not overly accommodating. The week we were there was not very busy (less than half capacity from what staff members told me), but took forever to get a drink anywhere we went. Third about half the restaurants require reservations, which is just downright annoying to me as I’ve been to so many resorts that support many more people where reservations are not required and it works. Be prepared to wait for your meals and drinks in the restaurants as well; nothing is quick.

The beach itself is very nice. The ocean is absolutely breathtakingly clear and beautiful, the sand is clean and soft, and the beach is large so you never felt crowded. The resort has its own private island that is accessible by resort boat and is nice. The pool on the private island looked oily and dirty, and the beach on the side of the island opposite the resort is VERY rocky, but the beach facing the resort is pristine and beautiful. The whole private island experience, with the exception of the one beach was actually a bit disappointing. I expected so much more as it seemed a bit dingy as a whole and could have provided such a better experience. Also, the island closed and boat service stopped very early so if you got there in the afternoon, you really had only a short time there, which in retrospect, was probably enough. The pools in the main resort were clean and open to swimming, even after hours, which was a nice change of pace as most resorts close their pools after dark.

The food was adequate, but really nothing to write home about. I’ve had better and worse. Room service was available and we did take advantage of having some meals, especially breakfast, brought to our room. It was very nice to have coffee and pastries on our private porch in the mornings.

Cricketer’s Pub was nice and had a piano where karaoke was held at night. The karaoke was nice, but the room and area around the piano was small, so it got crowded quickly. The pub itself had a very nice, large bar, but as with all the other bars, the service was slow. Even with crowds around this bar, as it was the main congregating area each night, I never saw more than 2 bartenders working which was inadequate to keep up with the pace. Can’t imagine what it would be like on a crowded week.

Just above the beach was where we had one of the most enjoyable couples’ evenings in quite a while. There is a large area with couches, tables, and fire pits that are lit at night. A singer set up just below the sitting area and played music and sang while we sat together, sipped a cocktail, and danced. It was romantic, fun, and beautiful; overlooking the ocean.

Overall, the experience we had was not worth the price we paid. We’ve stayed in other resorts that were priced comparatively and had much better experiences as it pertains to service and quality. Would I recommend this resort? Not really, unless you can pick up an incredible deal on the price and be guaranteed that the time you go is not crowded. I am a member of the Sandals / Beaches Club and I don’t know that I would chance visiting another Sandals resort. It’s too expensive to leave to chance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for posting about your stay with us. I’m so sorry that your experience with us did not quite meet your expectations. We are known for providing amazing experiences and not just so-so vacations. Unfortunately, during your experience, it seems we did not quite meet that expectation. Please accept our apologies.

We want to make sure future guests do not have similar feedback and will take action by notifying the appropriate departments of your remarks. We do request that while on resort you notify us of anything that does not meet your standards. We are always willing to work with you to make sure you walk away feeling like your stay was money well spent.

Thank you once again for your review.

Kind Regards,
Cassie C.
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

After reading some really negative reviews post Sandy, we were a little concerned as to what we might encounter. We needn't have worried, I guess there's no pleasing some people! We had no trouble at airport, Sandals desk easy to find and a warm welcome, then directed to coach stop across road. On arrival, check in was easy, like others have said, drink and wet towel to refresh you. We were then shown to our room. We had Windsor building 4th floor concierge service, oceon view. Lovely size bed, all clean etc, mini bar stocked daily. We had to ask for a kettle as we don't drink coffee, but was bought very quickly same day, as was 2 bath robes i requested, as they do not seem to be supplied to all rooms.

Our favourite restaurant was Baccaret, we managed to eat there 3 times. Service was excellent, staff very attentive, and enjoyed a chat when they had time.

Crystal Room was good aswell, although very dark at the back of restaurant and needed to use candle light to read the menu! Like many have said, the pizzas are excellent, do not miss out.

The Staff are all amazing, we could not fault them. They obviously have frequent customer service feed back, nothing was to much trouble, and often heard, 'we are here to serve you'
We always went to Spices for breakfast which was excellent, always a warm smile and welcome from the girls. Freshly made omelettes, egg benedict, pancakes, you name it they cooked it.

They have been really busy making the grounds look great since Sandy, there has been a lot of saltwater damage to all the plants and trees etc. Also the Pier is now newly renovated and up and running again over to the Island. They were painting walls, signposts, generally everything that was looking a little tired.

They have 2 pools, The Windsor pool where the Playmakers do there thing, you can join in as much or little as you want. The Balmoral pool we found very quiet and water was colder.

All in all, we had the most relaxing 10 days, with the nicest of staff and best service we could wish for, along with our expanding waistlines to bring home!

We would love to return to SRB.

Room Tip: Best tip would be to make sure you make restaurant reservations when you arrive, and a few days late...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy, thank you so much for your review. I know you were worried about your stay in the beginning because of some of the not-so-good reviews but I'm so glad that everything turned out fine. Sandy didn't hit us too badly but she still brought quite a bit of work for us to do on-property. However, no job is too big for us! The clean-up was initiated and completed quickly, the pier was reconstructed and now looks even better than before. And in the midst of all this the staff continued to provide excellent service with a smile. I am truly happy that you had such an amazing and relaxing stay.

We are definitely here to serve you and we can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Take Care.