“Second time at Royal Bahamian” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $755 Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Winds Junction, NS
“Second time at Royal Bahamian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was our second stay (11-18 November)at Royal Bahamian and it met our expectations. Food over all was good. Resort grounds and building were very clean. There was construction going on repairing damage from hurricane Sandi, but was not instrusive. We had a few minor problems plugged toilet, safe not working within five minutes after calling, problems were corrected. The only real gripe we had was waiting for a table at the Crystal Room no reservation, after waiting an hour we finally got our table but noticed that there were tables not occupied and could have been. It had nothing to do with turn over. Besides this one issue we had an enjoyable vacation and would stay at this resort again. I have no idea, why there are such negative reviews from others but would recommend this resort to others without reservation.
This is a small resort, with a beautiful off shore island and friendly, helpful staff. All staff were quick with a smile and hello. You must remember these staff members work 12 hours or more each day to provide us with our amenities. Thank you to the staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,060)
  • Polish first
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

After visiting other sandals resorts, our visit here was a huge disappointment. Concierge services are poor when compared to regular hotels front desk service. We had to repeatedly ask for room items that were to be provided. Our room keys stopped working and i felt like i was an inconvenience asking for a new key. Definitely not recommending this resort or returning. Compared to other sandals, well, there is no comparison. The wait staff, bartenders, etc should be giving lessons to concierge team and management. They were all very polite, friendly and helpful. Did not speak with any other guests that were happy or impressed.

Room Tip: If you are not getting a butler, pick someplace else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We regret to read that we did not meet your expectations for service and quality. Being return guests I'm sure you know that this is definitely not our normal standard and for this, please accept our apologies.

As you already know, we have contacted you to address your concerns and resolve this matter so that our future guests do not have similar feedback.

Thank you for your review and for your patience.

We appreciate your loyalty and hope to welcome you back soon for a stay that exceeds your expectations.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was my first Sandals experience. It will also be my last. I am taking the time to write this review from my hotel room because I would hate to see another person be duped the way we were. Here is what our experience has been like...

ARRIVAL:
Airport transfer service was fine, very similar to one of those shared shuttles from the suburbs. We had to make an additional stop and wait for other couples and we were all packed in rather tightly (and illegally) but we arrived quickly at the resort. Upon arrival our group was directed to sit in the lobby. I believe the idea is to have you relax, but the majority of people seemed agitated. It felt condescending to be directed to "remain seated" and we all joked that we felt like we were in school again. We are fully capable adults- why couldn't we go up to the desk and check in? Instead we had to sit awkwardly in a group with people we didn't know.

FOOD:
The resort leaves A LOT to be desired, and is extremely misrepresented on the website. 10 restaurants? I have only seen 4, and one is a pub. The kicker is, the restaurants are almost NEVER open, especially for lunch. Many of them you must make reservations for, but you have to wait until you arrive on the resort premises to do so. We tried moments after we checked-in (before we even got to our room), only to be told that NOTHING was available. Are you serious? The food we have been eating is concerning- for lack of a better word. This morning I ate eggs and I swear they were not eggs. My hamburger last night didn't taste like meat. You get the idea. In my opinion, all inclusive isn't worth the money if you are worried every time you put the food in your mouth. The drinks are unlimited, and not watered down. This was the only good thing about the dining plan.

WATER SPORTS and FACILITIES:
I haven't had the opportunity to use any of the water sports because they have been closed every day I've been here. Yup, that's right. The hot tubs are warm, at best. I usually take baths that are hotter. The pools were generally clean and pretty large. Nothing extraordinary for a resort. There is hardly a beach. Considering I am a beach bum I was really disappointed.

REFUND POLICY:
We tried to leave after our first day here. The strict policy (no matter how much you complain or argue) is that you receive a credit, good for 24 months. Why would I want to come back to Sandals? It's also non-transferrable so I wouldn't have been able to sell it. After my first day I was ready to leave and go to Atlantis. Oh well.

Overall, I feel like I am staying at a retirement community in Florida, complete with shuffleboard and mid-day bingo games. Remember couples retreat when all the main character wants to do is go to the "fun" island across the way? Don't be that person. Don't be me. Just go to Atlantis.

Room Tip: Returning customers get a free upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying your stay with us. We would like to see how we can resolve this matter while you are still on property. I encourage you to reach out to our Director of Guest Services. She has been alerted and is expecting to hear from you. Please give us a chance to make this up to you. We always want to ensure that all of our guests are having a wonderful vacation and it would be nice if we were able to to turn things around for you.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to making contact with you soon.

Review Coordinator
Sandals & Beaches Resorts
Rochester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This Sandal hotel and the majority of the staff are first class. We went to this Sandals hotel in May 2010 and it was excellant!! Regretably Hurrican Sandie has not helped!! and we were dissapointed this time, even taking into consideration the damage the Hurrican caused. Most of the staff are doing there best to ensure everyone had a good stay.
I had several concerns, not complaints which I put in writing, none of which were acknowledged or delt with by the Hotel Manager.
My wife and I have stayed in various Sandals Hotels in the past, and will book again, but not the Royal Bahamian. It is obvious from the reviews and comments made by others on vacation that there is a lack of Management and for a few staff, a lack of training. A Manager who cannot be bothered to respond to any guest who has concerns is a poor manager! One thatcannot respond to Platinum Selct member who over the years has spent a considrable amount of money is a joke!
Sandals have always set the standard for all inclusive Holidays, I hope this one off experience is not repeated on my next Holiday with them as it will be my last. There are at least two major competitors who are catching Sandal and there usual high quality standards fast. They will not get a Second chance with Karen and I

High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Compared to other sandals this resort is very poor. Food, service, cleanliness and friendliness of staff very very poor. Resort faces north so hardly and rooms get the sun. Complaints not dealt with. Don't stay here go to Atlantis

• Stayed November 2012
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
We regret to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Our delicious dining, beautiful property, exciting activities and friendly, eager service (all luxury-included) are the highlights of many vacations spent at our resort. However, we understand that some experiences and opinions my differ. Therefore, your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments for immediate evaluation and action as needed. We do request that while on resort you notify us of anything that does not meet your standards. We are always willing to work with you to make sure you walk away feeling like your stay was money well spent.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

5 star hotel and resort – it’s a joke, we’ve stayed in much better 3 star hotels. Poor management, badly trained staff, average food, awful service, unsafe diving and ridiculous hotel polices. If you go there for diving, as we did, be prepared to experience total frustration.

The most irritating thing about Sandals Royal Bahamian is the fact that you have to queue for everything there. How is that for a very expensive holiday? Let’s start with the restaurants.

They state on their webpage that “...Few resorts in the world can match the exceptional fine dining selections at 10 specialty restaurants...” This is not exactly tue. In fact, the dining experience is far from being fine and besides, to have your meal in the evening you have a choice of three restaurants, which require advanced reservation and two restaurants, which are supposed to be available without reservation. First those which do require reservation:

1. Baccarat. They say the best restaurant in the resort. It quite small and has only about 16 tables. Believe it or not, we tried to make a reservation there on the second day of our arrival, but managed to get it only after 10 days. We stayed there for two weeks, so for people who stay there for less than that it’s probably not possible at all, unless you are willing to dine very late at night. Well, I tell you it isn’t worth a penny, so don’t bother. The food was OK, nothing special but edible. However, the service was awful. We had to wait for about half an hour for the starter to arrive and for about an hour for the main course. Portions were small and the chef presumably does not have a clue what medium and rare mean when cooking a steak. Also it was a bit irritating when they took away my plate with the starter, which I was not done with. Without even asking.

2. Kimonos. Japanese restaurant, which also requires reservation. It’s easier to get in there than to the above one, but it was not impressive at all either. First of all, it’s just a Teppanyaki restaurant, so you have no choice of food there at all. They give you the menu just to show you what you will be getting. Our table Chef was awful, so we even missed on the entertainment you normally get at such places, you know like knifes juggling, jokes, etc. The food was very bland, needed more salt and suffered from not enough sauce. We thought we would not come again. Our friends decided to try it again and were disappointed for the second time. Besides, after the guests had received their servings, the Chef kept cooking in front of 10 people sitting at the table of him. Naturally, all the guests expected the next serving but were told it was not being cooked for them, but for the “Butler Guests” who made an order. This “Butler Guest” service is a separate subject, see below.

3. Spices. It’s good for buffet breakfast (apart from the fact it has never opened on time in the morning during our 14 day stay there, and you still need to wait in the queue to get sited) and buffet lunch, as well as one day a week, when they serve a buffet dinner in the evening. Other days the restaurant operates as the one, which required an advanced reservation for the evening meal, replacing Stewfish (or Goombay, not sure) restaurant at the Privet Island, currently being refurbished due to the damage sustained after the Hurricane Sandy. We never bothered with this one in the evening, using it only for breakfast and lunch, but our friends who booked it for the evening one day had an awful experience. All guests got seated at the same time and had first to wait for a waiter to get orders from every table before they actually started cooking the food. You can imagine how long it took for the food to eventually arrive. Our friends were also sick and tired waiting for the ordered drinks to come, so while waiting they just went to the nearest open bar to get those themselves. Nice, isn’t it?

4. Casanova. This one supposedly does not require reservation. When we came there for the very first time we were told that we had to wait 40 min to get the table.
–” How come?”, I asked, as we saw through the window that at list half of the restaurant was empty. “How about that table at the window?”
- Well, that one is reserved, Sir.
- What do you mean, reserved? This restaurant does not require reservation.
- 9 tables have been reserved by “Butler Guests”, this is the hotel policy, so you have to come in 40 min.
We went to complain about it to the hotel reception, but they just told us that “Butler Guests” according to Sandals policy had the privilege of having priority, so they can make reservations even at the restaurants which do not require reservation – Doesn’t make any sense, does it? And what does it make other guests at the hotel after all? Well, “Butler Guests” seem to have a 5 star service, other guests, in spite of the fact they still pay for a 5 star hotel, in fact stay at a 3 or 2 star one. Well, we felt insulted. When we returned back in 40 min time there was still a queue at the restaurant entrance, but we got seated, and guess what.... at that very table I asked for in the first place. When I asked how could that be, I was answered that the “Butler Guests” who had reserved the table never turned up. I went around the restaurant and counted 16 empty tables – nearly half of the restaurant – and don’t forget there still was a queue at the restaurant entrance of people waiting to get seated. This was the same every day, we got lucky a few times when came at about 6:45 PM ( the service starts at 6:30PM), when the first queue was cleared and the one due to “Butler Guests” reservations at 7:00 PM was not formed yet. By the way, the choice of food there is very limited. The menu was the same for our two week stay and the main course dishes included steak, lamb chops, and some kind of pasta, that’s it.
When I asked for a cognac and espresso coffee for desert, I was brought whisky with espresso and was told they didn’t have any cognac left. When I complained they sent somebody to get cognac to the nearby bar (as if I cared where they would get it from in the first place), but by the time it came the espresso had been ice cold and the cognac came in a whisky glass (by the way it happened a number of times, they simply don’t know which glass is for what), so we just left without having it.

5. Crystal Room. Same thing as Casanova above, long queues to get seated, poor choice of food and extremely long waiting time in between the courses. It’s very irritating to see people sneaking in with a help of Butlers one by one, while you have to wait in a queue for about an hour. Same thing – when we were having our dinner there, the restaurant was half empty with a huge queue at the entrance.

6. Gordon’s on Pier. This one was not functioning at the pier due to its damage and repair. However, no one but the “Butler Guests” should bother, as only them are allowed there anyway.

The bottom line is – unless you are a “Butler Guest” simply forget about easy enjoyable dining at your preferred time, but even if you are a “Butler Guest” you may “feel good” about all these “Cheep Guests” having to queue for their meals, but I still doubt you will enjoy the food anyway.

There is another “restaurant” at the resort, which you can actually use for dinner without having to queue. It’s Criketer’s pub. They serve normal pub food there – Fish and Chips, Bangers n’ Mash and other. It’s actually not bad at all, but as far as we are concerned that is not what you would expect for a dinner at a 5 star hotel.

There are a few options for having breakfast at the resort, but most of them are available after 8 AM. Since we had to check in for diving (see below) every day at 8AM there was only one choice for us – Spices, which is open since 7AM.

For lunch you can also use Royal Cafe and Bella Napoli Pizzeria restaurants, I would rather call them snack bars instead of restaurants. The first one serves various burgers and tex-mex chips. The second one has a choice of a few pizzas – in other words all this “healthy food”, obviously promoted by Sandals, and furiously fought by the rest of the world for years being a junk food.

By the way, the free wine selection at the hotel is very poor. You can get Cabernet Savignon or Merlot for reds, and Shardonnay or Pinot Grigio for whites. They have plenty of other wines on the Wine List but you have to pay for those and they are extremely overpriced, like over 40USD for a bottle of Australian Bin 50 Shiraz. My wife and I don’t like neither Merlot or Shardonnay so we had to stick to Cabernet Savignon and Pinot Grigio. For some reason they always had a problem with Pinot Grigio constantly running out of it at all hotel outlets.
The other hotel services and facilities turned out to be as awful as our dining experience above.

Internet. It has never happened in our life before, that we had to pay for Internet access at 5 star All Inclusive hotels. In Sandals you have to – we were told it was another hotel policy adopted through all Sandals establishments. They normally charge you 14USD for daily access or 42USD for a weekly package. “Excellent”, isn’t it? Especially for people who just require about 15 min access a day to check their e-mails. We disputed the charge and were given free access to Internet. Not sure if it works every time, but worth a try, unless you are willing to pay for it.

Swimming Pools. There are two pools at the resort, one near the Balmoral building – Manor Pool and the second one at the Windsor building. Each of them is equipped with swim in bar and a whirlpool. We have not used neither of them during our 14 day stay at the resort. The water in the Manor Pool looked clean and clear but the temperature I measured with my dive computer was only +22C, and that was at the very shallow side of it. The water in the Windsor pool was a bit warmer but looked cloudy, probably because of the added chemicals, so it didn’t attract us at all. The whirlpools have always been filled by groups of noisy youngsters having their drinks, cigarettes and often food in there. Totally disgusting. As the hotel beach was not very attractive, most of the guests preferred using sun beds around the pools. To our surprise, we saw how every morning the Butlers were reserving sun beds for their clients at the best spots by putting rolled towels, carrying the names of the clients printed on a piece of paper attached to the rolls, onto the sun beds. Such a practice of early morning sun beds reservations have always been criticized around the world and all the hotels try doing everything possible to prevent this, prohibiting such behaviour. Not Sandals, they obviously encourage this to the annoyance of the other, the not so privileged, guests. Generally throughout the whole of our stay at the hotel we always had a feeling of being deprived of 5 star service. Maybe Sandals should clearly indicate that it’s a 5 star hotel only for “Butler Gests”.

The Beach. If you enjoy walking on the beach, as we do, forget about that. The resort beach is very small and confined by concrete fence from both sides. But even if you manage to get around there is no beach further away, so you can’t walk there. The sand is fine and white but always covered by a lot of sea weed. The staff try to clean it away and rake the beach but more and more of sea weed is coming from the sea. That is why the sea water near the beach is not very clean and to get to the clean one you need to pass through the band of sea weed floating at surface. For this reason we never used the hotel beach and never swam in the sea from the hotel beach. Besides, quite a few times we smelled H2S while near the beach as if there were some kind of sewage not far away, but to be honest we didn’t manage to figure out where this smell was coming from.

Private Offshore Island. The Island is located about a mile offshore in front of the resort and normally people would be taking regular boat crossings to the Island from the resort jetty at the beach. Unfortunately, the jetty had been damaged by hurricane Sandy just a few days before our arrival and was under repair during our two week stay at the hotel. Therefore to get to the Island we had to go to the reception, wait for the bus, then take a 20 min drive to the docks located behind Fish Fry near Nassau, then another waiting for the boat to come and eventually the boat ride back to the Island. One way trip takes now more than an hour. It’s a lot of hassle but still worth a trip, as a part of the Island is quite nice, the beaches there are much better than at the hotel itself and the sea water is cleaner and seemed to be even warmer. You can also have your lunch up there as well at the Island’s restaurant. You can do a bit of walking around the Island, but it turned out to be that apparently Sandals do not own the whole Island and a part of it belongs to a company which is called BI Privet Beaches – the logo we saw at the construction site not far away from the Sandals jetty. Currently this area is not very attractive due to the skeletons of unfinished buildings and a lot of rubbish scattered around. But there were few more things which spoiled our visit to the Island. Upon arrival, at the jetty we were “greeted” by a gentlemen wearing the hotel uniform and holding a board in his hands, where we could read: “Welcome Butler Guests”. How about the rest of us, we thought, should we just turn around and go back? In addition, the towel rack at the pool had no towels left. Although the sun beds reserved for the “Butler Guests” at the beach had the complete set of towels of course.

Red Lane Spa treatments. Not included and extremely overpriced – you have to pay more than twice as much as you pay back home for the same services. For example: Balance & Harmony Massage , 50 Minutes - 167.00USD, compared to 60 Minutes of "Essential Massage Therapy - Full Body Massage" for just 50GBP at SpaMassageUK. We didn’t use it, neither did our friends.

Diving. That was what we had come there for, and what turned out to be the main disappointment. We had selected this resort because we expected to do diving straight from the resort. But the jetty was damaged by the hurricane Sandy and first of all we had to say goodbye to hustle free diving. We had to get up at 6:30 in the morning every day to be able to have breakfast, prepare our gear and be ready to check in with the diving shop at requested time of 8:00 AM. Then a walk with all your gear to the reception area of the hotel at the other side of the resort and a long wait for a bus some days until 9:00AM. The problem was that the bus had to be loaded first with cylinders, BCDs and regulators. The bus itself could be a separate story; it looked like it was called back for service from a long retirement at one of the museums of antique means of transportation – bended, rusted and totally unsafe. The bus trip to the dock at the other side of the Island takes about 25 min, and in addition, before boarding the boat, you have to wait for another 15 min for the cylinders and other equipment to be unloaded from the bus to the boat. The boat ride to the dive sites takes at list another 20 min. In other words we were rarely in the water before 10 AM. The return trip is practically the same hustle coupled with the fact you are wet and tired after a two tank dive which they always do.

To be fair, we should say the dive sites are OK. Generally diving is average but we saw a lot of marine life and famous wrecks, so overall we quite enjoyed our diving. However, there were a lot of things which do require immediate managerial attention to make diving at the resort more safe, to meet PADI standards, and also to make it more comfortable for the divers. Below is the list of things which we believe need to be addressed urgently:

- The bus – even if it’s a temporarily measure it should be changed to the one with will have better chances to pass MOT at list.
- Quite a lot of cylinders (air tanks) are leaking at the neck. When pointed out to the crew, those would be changed as rejects, but ordinary comments were: “They still hold pressure OK and still have about 3000psi in spite of the fact they were filled quite long ago”. As far as we are concerned it doesn’t matter, the equipment is not in a proper state and we are really surprised how those cylinders, and so many of them, could pass a compulsory annual check.
- A few BCDs we used had a leak at the pressure relief button. The response from the crew on the complain was – “Don’t worry, it’s a low pressure equipment”. We know it is, but the fact is not properly maintained equipment.
- Not every day, but quite often the boat was overcrowded. The number of divers may never exceeded the max number officially allowed on the boat but taking into account a lot of equipment at the boat, additional diver’s bags with personal gear, it was difficult to move around, gear up and prepare your equipment for the dive. We believe it’s a matter of pure luck that no accidents have happened.
- The pre-dive briefings on the boat, to put it mildly, are far from perfect. No detail info about the dive site, no pictures of dive itinerary, as nearly every dive shop in the world do. Instead, a lot of rubbish about movies shot at those specific places.
- Another huge drawback is the lack of facilities at the resort dive centre. There are no lockers where you could leave your own equipment and therefore no possibility to wash and dry your gear at the shop. At all places we had been diving before, the shop will take care of your personal gear, not at Sandals. Instead, you have to take your dripping bad with wet equipment back to hotel room, wash it up yourself at the bath and try to dry it up at the room balcony, well, if you have one.
- Normally if you come to dive a few times, saying nothing about two weeks of everyday diving, at most of the diving centres of the world, you will be allocated a personal set of additional required equipment like BCD and regulator for example. Not in Sandals. Every time you dive you will be getting a new set at random. Is it so difficult to buy meshed plastic boxes, number them and store the equipment in them for individual customers? (By the way – easier to wash the equipment up as well) Don’t think so, just simple unwillingness to do anything about it. Pure managerial problem.

Room. We originally booked Honeymoon Royal Windsor Luxe Room, but on arrival we were told that we had been upgraded. Not sure what was the name of that upgraded room, but it was OK, quite spacious with a distant sea view, well, if you lean from the balcony. The housekeeping was OK, we never had any problems with it. The room was always clean and the service was very efficient. The only problem we had was with the Mini Bar, which was supposed to be re-stocked on a daily basis. On Sundays it was not re-stocked at all, on all other days we had to leave a note what exactly we wanted to be re-stocked – no note, no service. Even if you leave a note you may be getting wrong stuff, as we did a few times, it’s not a big deal, but quite annoying because we failed to understand what the problem was. When I requested at Concierge some wine to be replaced it was efficiently replaced, but what was the problem in the first place – ignorance?

Our friends and us have both complained about our bad experience of staying in the resort to the hotel management team, including Tatyana and Damien, but basically we were told by them that most of our complaints were about general hotel policies and nothing would be changed. So if we were unhappy about that we should complain directly to Gordon “Butch” Stewart, the hotel chain owner, because it was him who dictated all the “policies” and they were just following them up. Good choice of managers for Sandals, isn’t it? We don’t mind people paying extra money for getting extra services like Butler services but not at the expense of other hotel guests. For some reason it seems to us that it’s not just a matter of the hotel polices, as we were told, but rather poor management and inability to properly organize things. Well, but if it’s really what Mr. Stewart wants to see in his hotels, I am sorry, but he has a very skewed idea about what 5 star hotel services should be for all hotel guests, not only “Butler Guests”.

By the way, probably to mitigate our dining problems at the hotel, Damien sent us an Invitation for a Special Guest dining event starting with a cocktail party at 6:30 PM followed by dinner for the 14 of November 2012. Nice, isn’t it? When doing that Damien didn’t even bother to check on or departure date, so we couldn’t accept this “generous offer”, even if we wanted to. “Highly Professional”? And I tell you - very insulting.

ANYWAY, NEVER EVER TO SANDALS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
East Winthrop, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Our first Sandals visit will be our last.We had such high hopes after speaking with friends that had visited Sandals. We stayed from nov 12th thru 15th. The check in went smooth and the front staff did a good job.We had a room that overlooked the apartment building next door so much for viewing the beautiful coast. The food was average at best.The breakfast at Spices was okay the only hot item was the made for you omelette. The rest of the food that should have been hot was cold. Dinner in the Crystal room was once again only average. The staff did a good job but the food was not what you would expect from a resort with this reputation.The active pool was very
cloudy which leads me to believe that it's not clean. The relaxed pool felt like it was straight from a glacier.I live in the Northeast not sure the water here in the middle of the winter is that cold. The room was old and dated. The shower did not seem to have any pressure on the hot water side.The cold water had tons of pressure but when you moved the handle to hot it just trickled out. We did call maintenance but no one came we learned to live with it. We had ants in the main area of our room once again we called for help but none came. I also never saw any ' top shelf liquor"
not a big drinker but at a resort of this caliber i would expect the best. I would describe the resort as good but not great by any stretch of the imagInation. i guess the price I paid I expected Ritz Carlton type resort not a Motel Six. i have stayed at Breezes that i would rank higher that this resort. All in all just not a good value for the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations for service and quality. We have many guests who feel the direct opposite and have boasted of our luxurious accommodations. As hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review.

We strive to meet our motto: Luxury All-Inclusive Vacations for Two People in Love. We are in a constant state of evolving our resorts and updating our amenities so I will be sure to send your feedback to the relevant departments.

Thank you, again, for your feedback.

Kind Regards,