We attended a family wedding here from November 8 to 11. The resort is very attractive and well maintained. When we arrived we and the group we were with were herded into the lobby for check in. Our room was not ready so we went for lunch at Spices. The meal was just okay. My wife is not big on Spicy food and she barely ate anything. We returned to the lobby at the appointed time and were informed that the previous guest was late checking out and our room was still not available. Finally at 4:30 we got into our room, this did not give a very good first impression of the resort. We had a villa room which was large and had a private patio the bathroom was clean but showing its age the tub surround needs to be replaced with new tiles.
After a day of traveling I wanted to go for a swim, I went to the pool and found that it was empty as the water was cold, even the hot tub by the beach was only warm. We were disappointed that at a "luxury resort" the pools were not heated, even the small ones were like ice. The only way to go into the pool was find the hottest hot tub get boiling and then go into the pool to cool down.
The staff at the resort were very friendly and helpful and made the stay pleasant if they were not so friendly this vacation would have been a disaster.
The beach is well maintained but only extends to the front of the Hotel, forget about going for long walks on the beach. If the beach and ocean are what you are looking for then don't go here.
The resort did an excellent job organizing the wedding which was on the beach. The minister was very friendly and put everyone at ease. The photographers were very good and took great pictures.
Meals were just average other than for the wedding dinners which were an extra charge.
Breakfasts at Spices had a good selection of eggs, pancakes, cereal and fruit but nothing extraordinary.
Dinner at the Crystal room was average resort type meals. The Prime Rib was tasty but not outstanding, the Scallops were served cool and the Grouper had a strong fishy flavour. Some people at our table sent it back and changed to the prime rib.
The big draw at Sandals seems to be the drinks. If your main objective is to have lots of booze this a good place to go. We don't drink a huge amount so we felt that we were subsidizing those that drank from the time they arrived until they left.
All in all the resort is good not great and given the price I think that you are overcharged and that there are better deals available
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau