We stayed at the Royal from Nov 4th - 13th 2012. We had a wonderful time at the hotel overall. Service for the most part was fantastic and the people were Incredible. I'll break our review down into different areas to make it easier to read.
We had a Windsor Oceanview room with the concierge. Room #1522 was spacious and comfy and had an amazing view of the ocean. The room was cleaned daily and the bar was always freshly stocked. We had turndown service every night and ate breakfast in bed on a couple of occasions. There was a safe in the room and everything in the room worked well including the A/C.
We booked all of our reservations at the restaurants on the day of our arrival and had reservations for every night we stayed there. Food at all the restaurants was great. We found Gordon's on the pier to be AMAZING!!! We've been to quite a few all inclusives between the two of us and Gordon's was the best ever for us. The steak and lobster were amazing, my wife had been in Las Vegas a couple of weeks before and had eaten a Wolfgang Pucks place there and she felt the steak was way better at Gordon's so our compliments to the staff there! Besides Gordon's we really enjoyed Baccarat. The pizza was also great at the pizzeria and the ladies went out of their way to accommodate my special request for anchovies.
This was primarily a diving trip for my wife and I as the diving is somewhat included in the price. I say somewhat because the shark dive, blue hole and night dives are extra money. The diving in the Bahamas was simply fantastic. This was our first time diving on wrecks and the variety of the dives were great and there was lots of interesting things to see including boats, barges and airplanes. We primarily went for the shark dive which we did with Sandals and also did a more ramped up shark dive with Stuart's Cove off the resort. Both dives were GREAT, Stuart's cove was just another notch higher as they fed them and brought the sharks right to you. Both my wife and I were bumped by the sharks several times and watched out handler fighting with the sharks. All in all a really cool dive. We did want to give a special shout out to RAMON and WENZEL at the dive shop at Sandals. These guys were really great and went out of their way to help make out diving and amazing experience, thanks very much guys!
The entertainment during the day was a lot of fun. KENDAL, BULLET, ELAN, PO-PO and all the rest of the entertainment crew were Incredible! These guys really tried hardto make it a good time for everyone. Unfortunately for them their efforts mostly fell on deaf ears. I understand everyone has their own level of fun and excitement, not everyone wants to party the night away on vacation. That being said, I have never seen a more boring group of guests anywhere. No one seems the least bit inclined to have fun, people basically totally ignored the entertainment crew and other then a few people no one would even cheer on people involved in some of the games. Give the entertainment crew their due though, they didn't give up or let the apathy of the guests get them down. This brings us and to what was our one big let down about this resort:The nightlife.
Where to start, everything up to about 10 or 11pm wasn't too bad as there were shows put on by the staff which were great. But as soon as the shows were over there's was a mass exodus out the doors. I mean it was unreal, the was a DJ starting up in the same building same room and people couldn't get out of there fast enough. I've never experienced a more boring nightlife then at this resort. EVER. In addition the demeanor of PRESCOTT, the bartender in the Royal Theatre, was insulting. This man never smiled once and was consistently rude to patrons. I don't often call someone out over the way they act but this guy was miserable. I mean why are you even there? You made it perfectly clear you didn't like the guests and that serving drinks was a chore. Maybe it's time for a career change? Every night, and we were there for 10 of them, 95% of the people seemed to have gone to bed by 11:00pm. I'm not talking just the old folks, but most of the 30-40 crowd were down for the count as well. We tend to make our own fun anyways but it's really a downer when it's like 12:00 and there's like 0 people out and about. By the way I'm not exaggerating that either lol. Oh well at least it made us get up earlier for diving!
Great resort! As I've already said entertainment staff are great fun and extremely talented. Diving was amazing. Staff and hotel are super nice and the food is delicious. We had a great time and would definitely return to the Bahamas sometime. The people in the Bahamas are great and it's a lovely country. We might return here, but the nightlife would definitely have to improve. In the mean time there's other places to check off our bucket list so safe travels to you all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau