You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$235 Spa/Tour Credit!
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“BEST EVER!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2003

My husband and I were married Feb 8, 2003. We stayed 10 days at Sandals and words can not express how excited and overwelmed we both were with our entire stay. From the food, watersports, my flowers to our reception, EVERYTHING was so perfect. The staff are professional yet fun. My husband and I both had no idea how pleased we would be with everything. If you want to get married on the beach this is your place!!! Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,280)
  • Polish first
Yorba Linda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2003

Me and my wife stayed at Sandals from 10/23/03 until 10/27/03. We were a little disappointed in the room in the manor section. We paid for the 2nd cheapest category of rooms but still expected a little bit better.
The bathroom fixtures were old. A flimsy shower curtain allowed the bathroom to become flooded each time we took a shower. The bathroom also had a bad smell for unknown reasons. The drinks at the resort were great quality and for the most part pretty strong. The food was very good and the staff were almost always friendly and helpful. I was dissapointed with the nightlife. No shows and they had the same band play every night. Overall a good experience but don't know if a would return due to the high prices.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2003

I was very worried about going to the resort after reading the reviews, but decided to go anyway. The information that is given from other people was really helpful. (1) The manor block is older although it did have a better view, but most of the problems people had were from there and we got a free upgrade to the windsor block and the room was great.
The people who did complain did have their room in the Manor block.
(2)Pack clothes with you because you will have to wait around to get a room. He got there around 1pm and our room was ready around 3pm. (3) Make reservations for your resturants and activites, we did it as soon as we got there and we had no problems. (4) the hair dryers were not very powerfull. (5) try and get your towels for the beach early. they were getting low my the third or fourth day. (6) it only costs a dollar to get downtown and three to go to Atlantis, a free shuttle is available to the crytsal palace just down the road to go and gamble.
The place was very clean, I did not have a problem with getting a drink or getting friendly service from any of the staff. The beach was smaller than the broucher lets on but there is a lot of little pools and hot tubs to go into a be by yourself. I really like Barracats and the Crystal Room was alright. I would of prefered more entertainment at night, but I usually drank and ate too much to stay up that late. The bar in the room was very nice and always stocked and we even got a contential breakfast every morning with our room upgrade. I talked to a travel agent who stated that if you have one of the lower rooms that does not have the refrigrator, just ask them for one and most times they will send it up. Having no kids there was great and it was nice to have a lot of people who just got married, were going to get married or on their anniversary. Was everything perfect? No. the staw market was annoying, we did have little aints, but my wife left food out for a day or two, and I think there could be a more diverse menu. But all in all we had a great time and would go back to a sandals resort again. I talked to a lot of people who frequent sandals resorts and they treat their return customers well. Some people did have the same problems that were written about previous, but it seemed that the hotel took care of the problem immediately. The couples message was very nice also and my wife got her hair in brades at the resort instead of in town and I thought they did a better job and it was cheaper.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2003

My Wife and I went to SRB to get married in late May 2003. 1.5 hours from Nashville to Miami, then only 45 minutes and we're there. Once at the airport all you need to do is check in with the Sandals desk and from there you needn't worry about anything for a week. We got a concierge level room in the newer Windsor building. Our room was well furnished, had a canopy bed, well stocked bar in the room w/ mixers, champagne, wine, etc. We had a fantastic view of the ocean, and the gardens and unlike some of the other reviewers, our room was very clean, and the staff made sure it stayed that way all week. ( BTW, the air conditioner worked very well, but will shut off if the large balcony door is left open. I guess Sandals doesn't want to try to air-condition the whole island.) The grounds and facilities were immaculate, the beaches were clean and like walking on powdered sugar.
We worst food we had all week was still pretty good, and the best was superb. Every member of the staff we had contact with was polite and always willing to help. If anyone is considering getting married at Sandals, my wife and I would HIGHLY recommend it. The planning for the music, flowers, video, etc only took about 30 minutes with the excellent wedding coordinators we had. It will, however take most of one day to go down to the courthouse in Nassau and complete some of the marriage license paperwork, so plan on losing most of that day. But Sandals takes care of the transportation and walks you through the legalities, so all you have to do is show up for the ride downtown. A few minor gripes... We had been there for 3 nights before they started to do the nightly turndown service. ( My wife got a big laugh out of that.) Our room wasn't ready when we got there, they don't normally promise the rooms until 2 or 3 pm. However, you do have use of the spa facilities to change clothes and go to the beach or pool, which is what we did. Advice: take a swimsuit change of clothes in your carry on bag if you plan to get there before 3 pm, that way you can be enjoying the facilities instead of sitting in the lobby waiting for the room to be ready. I know everyone has read some poor reviews by some whiny people, but if you have a good attitude and are friendly when requesting something, they will bend over backwards to make it right. We can't wait to go back for our anniversay next year.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2003

I read all the reviews here before I booked and with the exception of the stupid complaints ie the weather. I experienced just about everything good and bad first the bad. My room was humid and damp I had to call 5x over 9 days. Tried to get another room was told 3x the manager would call, never did. I was told that I was on a "tropical island" is that an excuse. I have spent over 100 nights in hotels in New Orleans most during the summer and have never had a problem. I guarantee that NO is just as hot if not hotter than Nassau. I could have caused a major scene but I was on my honeymoon. I left a half eaten piece of cake on my nightstand and took a shower. Returned 5 mins later to find it covered in red ants. Was told by concierge that it was because it had " sweets" on it. Again another excuse but no apology.
The medicore now. The food in the non reservation restaurants was OK nothing to write home about. The Crystal room and Bacarat were pretty good and Casanova`s was alright as well. The good stuff now. I went over to Atlantis for the day ordered 2 Bahama Mamas and got a tab for $28 and change. You can eat and drink as much as you want and never have to pull out your wallet. Now you are still paying but even if Sandals came out to be more expensive I would certainly be Pi$$ed if I had to spend 30 bucks for 2 drinks all week. I have seen reviews about the pools and beach being dirty but I found them to be really clean.
The beach was spotless until Thurs. when the surf kicked up and it was flooded in seaweed. The kids were out there all day trying to clean it up but they were overwhelmed. The hottubs were hit or miss sometimes too cold other times scolding hot. I had fun but honestly I wouldnt be in any rush to go back. It was nice but didnt blow me away. Besides the concierge who tried to blame ants on me and no a/c on the tropical climate all the other people on the resort were very friendly and helpful for the most part. Honestly I think Atlantis is a rip off but you might be able to find a place just as good as sandals for half the price. Good luck. Email me if you have any questions.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2003

My husband and I recently returned from the SRB where we celebrated our wedding anniversary. While the activities were good and we had lots of fun, we cannot say the same about the food, servers and maid service. Upon arrival at the SRB, we were greeted by a staff who served us Champagne and a warm towel, since I was not drinking, I asked for a juice I was told that they had no juices but could have a bottle of water, I never got. Our room overlooked the ocean, which was a lovely view. Maid service was horrible; the room was not cleaned before 3:00 p.m. each day. Our food experience was an experience I will never forget. Breakfast at the Baccarat, took over 45 minutes just before the meal made it to the table. Flies were flying all over the pastries and the breads. The server was not a happy camper. Second night, dinner at Kimonos, no reservations needed, an hour's wait before being seated, another hour before any food made its way to the table and yet another unpleasant server. The food was prepared in front of us which was overcooked, served in small quantities and loaded with soy sauce, the sushi cook just poured it on like no tomorrow. This started my indigestion problems, restaurant after restaurant the food was inedible. My husband and I ate off premises a couple of nights. Dinner at the Baccarat, Salmon again horrible, my plate was returned slightly touched, at that point, I complained and they listened. Night at Casanova, the chef prepared a special meal for me, which was the best meal I had at SRB, again another server who just served and never bothered to come back to our table, we waited for coffee and desert but got disgusted and walked out. My first visit to the nurse, who did not have ant acid, but Milk of Magnesia, at this point I would have taken anything because the heartburn was intense. My second visit to the nurse lead to Prevacid. The chefs at SRB should get a first class lesson at cooking and cooking with natural herbs and flavors. SRB is not the place for health conscious guest. Maid and server service should be re-visited by management. Hot tubs were always too hot. Gym equipment should be given an overhaul. Aerobics teacher should be given a watch to be on time to start classes.

SALTCOATS, AYRSHIRE, SCOTLAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2003

Hi there.My Husband and I stayed at Sandals from Tuesday 16th September till Tuesday 23rd July 2003.I was really worried before visiting with all the reviews and the bad ones made me very apprehensive about going. So what I did was emailed people and found out as much as I could.We left London Heathrow on the Tuesday morning arriving in Nassau about 2pm. After getting our bags we went to the Sandals desk and were welcomed, our bags were taken to the awaiting bus. We waited 5 minutes for other couples to arrive and made our way to Sandals.When we arrived we were greeted and our bags were taken away. I was given Champagne and a towel, a map of the property, a bag with shampoo, hand & body lotion, bath gel and conditioner.We were told our room was 743 and we were shown to our room. Our room was a villa called Allamanda ref 28 on the map on the Sandals website. Now this room was heaven, it has a quiet location so you wont hear a thing, and there was 2 mini swimming pools just 30 seconds away!! The lady showed us to our room, it was perfect, a large 4 poster bed, separate living area, large bathroom, and a mini bar!! When we arrived we opened the Champaign to celebrate arriving at Sandals. Now I am 25 and my husband is 28, this was not our honeymoon, and not a vacation booked months in advance, we booked it about 4 weeks ago as we are professional people who work hard and play hard.We are both well travelled, we enjoy our vacations having went on Royal Caribbean and P&O in the past couple of years. The night we arrived we went to Kimonos, we did not need to make reservations, we turned up got asked what drink we would like and sat with other couples until our table was ready. Our meal was amazing top quality.The next morning we signed up for scuba diving, we filled in the forms and had our lesson, and went out for a dive later in the week as the water was a bit rough due to Isabel.The beach had seaweed the day we arrived, we were told because of Isabel, the next day 3 men were raking the seaweed up and it was never seen the rest of the week. There were 2 bikes you could use in the water, lots of windsailing, kayaks etc.We went over to the Island the next day, and the staff told us on the boat over what part of the Island was ours, there is a blue fence which divides the area up, cruise ship visitors are at the other side, 2 days out of the week I seen people on it, but honestly it is not a problem as Sandals have the nicer part!! I did dip my toes into the hot tub there and it was too hot to use that to be honest is my only fault with Sandals.We ate at Spices every morning for breakfast had lunch at spices and the royal café whatever suited us. We ate at Baccarat on the Monday night and was served by Pedro he was great! We ate at the Crystal room on the Sunday night and that was excellent. On the Tuesday night we are at Cricketers, it is English themed, i.e fish and chips, toad in the hole, etc I ate in Casanovas also. It was so hard to decide where to eat at nights because we enjoyed all the restaurants.The games room was great, it had 2 large pool tables, chess and checkers, while I set up the pool balls my husband would get us drinks in the Manor bar I liked the Sandals Smurf. Now the drink in our mini bar was local alcohol, but behind the bars was absolute, jack D etc all the main brands.Ok peoples complaints I have read:- my room was musty, dirty, not cleaned etc ok our room was perfect and I had no reason to complain, but if my room had been I would have been on the phone straight away and they would have moved rooms if we were not happy. There is nothing to do outside the resort and it costs $15 cab ride!!! What rubbish!!! go right outside the hotel and get a bus for $1pp one way into Nassau where you can go to shops and even go to Atlantis, my husband and I got the bus and then walked to Atlantis we walked over the bridge, we did that one day and went and swam with dolphins the next day. The buses were frequent like every 15 minutes and other people get on the bus from the Wyndham and Breezes. Other moans I have heard. The weather. You cant blame Sandals for that!!! there were loud mouth Americans at the bar when I was there people were having a good time at the bars and having a laugh. Is that a bad thing??? Are people not allowed to have fun?? After all the money they have paid they are entitled to that!!Overall I was delighted with the service from Sandals and I would return in a second, actually thinking about going back in February, or maybe Turks,If anyone wants to see any pictures we have taken or any questions please feel free to contact me.