“Another Fabulous Stay at SRB” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island

You added Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island to your Saves list
Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach, Nassau 13005, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $755 Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
oakville
“Another Fabulous Stay at SRB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Having been to a number of all inclusive resorts from 3 to 5 star it amazes me that people knock this resort. The improvements even from our last time here 3 months ago are amazing. SRB continues to evolve. They have brought in more sand and made the beach much wider and the swim area is great with floating platforms to sun on right in the turquioise water. First let me talk about the rooms in the Balmoral building. Just fabulous. Please keep in mind if you cheap out and get the three lowest categories of rooms you will not have a balcony. There are a lot of categories so please read the descriptions carefully. If it doesn't say balcony then you will not have one. Most of the rooms are the same size in this building, the only difference is the view and size of balcony or just a window,. If you cruise and choose an inside cabin or oceanview cabin then the lower categories are for you. All rooms have a brand new look with earth tones and seafoam green to soothe the soul. Very calming and ultra modern. Towels were always plentiful and there was no problem getting chairs by the pools or beach any time of the day.
We had the 1 bedroom suite with a wonderful oceanview and wrap around balcony and this is the second time we have stayed in this suite and love it. Room 1404. The only drawback to this or any room facing the pool in the Windsor building is the extremely loud music during the day. We complained a number of times but it was never turned down.
The food at this resort is excellent. I had crab legs in the Crystal Room and they were great and plentiful. Escargot in Baccarats was very good along with the Rack of Lamb, The choices go on and on. Even the pub food is great. If you are in Concierge you can order Continental breakfast and if you are in a Butler Suite you can order a full hot breakfast which I did every morning except one and then we ate at Baccarats and service was excellent and food good.
The new fire pits are wonderful. We curled up in a lounge bed on a clear night with a full moon and a singer serenading us under the stars. Very magical and that's why we chose Sandals for our many vacations. It continues to meet and exceed all our needs.

Room Tip: read the room descriptions or talk to a qualified Travel Agent before you book so that you are not d...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,055)
  • Polish first
Pickering, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have been to the Whitehouse and while blow away by everything at that resort other than the beach and ocean, I was so disappointed and didn't really think I was at a Sandals when in the Bahamas.
The food was ok, the rooms we not updated and disappointing. So you don't spend too much time in your room right. The service far from friendly andirons was almost like they had forgotten who the guest was. This was not everyone by any means but happened enough that we had discussion over the service or arrogance of some of the management and staff. When you compare the price to the quality it definately was not where it should have been. I would vist an Excellence resort any day before a Sandals. I expect clean and updated resorts. I expect good food. I expected similar experiences at Sandals resorts. People return to this resort every year. They don't know what they are missing. This year I am going to a Zoetry property, it looks beautiful. No more Sandals

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We regret to hear that your stay was not as expected. We strive to uphold the highest standards of service and quality. Our staff goes through 120 hours of rigorous training each year to ensure we are providing excellent guest experiences. We have many guests that boast of our luxurious inclusions, water sports, fine dining, accommodations and quality of staff but as hoteliers we realize that there is always room for improvement and your feedback is appreciated.

We want to make sure future guests do not have similar feedback and will take action by notifying the appropriate departments of your remarks.

Thank you once again for your review.

Cassie C.
Hatboro, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were excited for our honeymoon. I've heard some nice things about other Sandals resorts from friends. The location of the hotel is fabulous as well as the private island. The hotel is just a short ride from the airport. The ground gardens are really beautiful. The snorkeling was fun too. The service was great. The people are very nice and welcoming. However, I was very disappointed with the food. I expected a lot more from Sandals and for the price of the vacation. The seafood was not very fresh. In fact, I ordered a crabcake at Baccarat and it was clearly tuna instead of crab. Also, the mahi mahi I was given at the island restaurant was definitely cod and not mahi. The same thing happened when I ordered fish again at one of the other restaurants. Lunch at the island restaurant was also not very good. The crab wrap had fake crab in it and the tuna wrap was bad canned tuna. The asian restaurant, Kimono's, was the best in my opinion. It just seemed like a lot of the food and sauces came from cans or jars and was not made fresh. The desserts were not very good either. I really did not look forward to meals, which is usually one of my favorite parts of a vacation. Breakfast was not that great either. We stayed in a concierge room in the Windsor Building. We were upgraded upon arrival to a slightly larger version of our room. I thought the room was just average, not romantic at all. That whole building could use some updating. I didin't get to see any Balmoral tower rooms but the lobby is very modern and chic. The tub/shower was a little strange in our room. You had to step up very high to get into the tub and therefore the showerhead was really low. My husband who is 6 feet tall had to bend down pretty far to use the shower. It was just really strange. The pools were nice and the beach was very beautiful. The swim up bars were very dirty and most of the drinks were all pre-made. The alcohol quality could be better. For instance, the pina colada came out of a machine and they would just pour the rum on top without blending it. There are no drinks with fresh mint or anything of that nature. I have only been to one other all-inclusive before this one, but I definitely think there are some improvements to be made here. I'm curious about what the food is like at the other Sandals resorts. We had a few spa treatments that were nice but over-priced. We had a registry that included a dinner on the beach. The atmosphere was nice, but the food was just okay. I don't think it was worth paying extra money. We still had a nice time together, and we visited Atlantis on our last day, but I was a little upset about the food and the room.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the balmoral tower. I don't think the butler service would be worth it. The con...
north brunswick nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have been to SRB 3 years. They make improvements every year. Don't listen to the negative reviews. They must have stayed somewhere else. We are counting the days until we go back next year. It is beautiful,clean, and everyone is so nice. As soon as you get there make dinner reservations. If you can't get them for some reason, stop by anyway to see if someone cancelled. There are plenty of restaurant options that don't need reservations. We love the Crystal Room. It is our favorite restaurant for dinner, that doesn't need reservations. Bring bug spray to the island. We only have had 1 day with the bugs on the island out of many days out there. We bring our own snorkels and water shoes for the island.We love to snorkel out there. A lot of what we think makes this resort so special is the management. The general manager, Patrick is hands on and always listening to suggestions. They have added many new lounge chairs with umbrellas. We never had trouble finding shade this year. They have added towels out on the pier for the island.Grab them before you get on the boat. The service in the restaurants is even better. They have added more fire pits. They refill your refrigerator between 9:00 and 4:00. I used to think that if the maid didn't do it, she forgot. I read the daily paper and realized I was wrong. They have never forgotten to refill it. The returning guests dinner was wonderful. The food was delicious. They make you feel so special and appreciated. The piano bar was a lot of fun. Heston was working when we were there. He was so funny. He had everyone singing and laughing.Others that stood out were Garth and Kerry at Cricketers Pub. The service in there was fantastic. Akeem,Gary,Dario,and Candace at the restaurants were all great. Mark at the Windsor Pool and Shervin at the piano bar made great drinks. We don't understand people that say the drinks aren't strong enough. Just ask for more alcohol in them. We asked for less sometimes because we were drinking all day. The spa was really nice also. They now are offering beach and pool drink service. We had excellent service,food and drinks everywhere we went. If at anytime you desire anything, just ask. They will grant your wish if at all possible.Before our first trip we were really nervous because of the negative reviews. Ignore them.

Room Tip: We like the higher floors in the Windsor building
toronto,canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I don't know who rates these hotels or what they base it on yet this resort is NOT a 5 Star perhaps a 3 Star @ best! The Resort is well maintained,clean, and the ppl are very freindly. However...Housekeeping is TERRIBLE, dirty dishes left in the room, no towels,no amenities upon arrival & when they came never replenished for 5days! tile floors dirty, mini bar never stocked & the stocked bottles were already open(all half bottles). The Windsor Wing.. rooms were very dated & worn, terrible bed & the faucet kept running(we changed rooms asap) The Balmoral Wing is far better has been totally revamped but still not 100%. Gordon's on the Pier(not included in all incl unless u have Butler Service) was BAD.. as well as Barracats... Yes u can drink all u want for FREE but really how much can one drink? BUTLER SERVICE.. was a complete WASTE OF MONEY!! they give u a phone if case u need anything but they never answer,they should be calling the guest & check on us, when we did ask for things they were never done plus the Butler's don't seem to communicate with each other when they change shifts so there are more mix-ups.. the only thing they do is walk u to your restaurant reservation in the evening "Big Deal" I can walk myself.. If u want a 5 STAR in NASSAU try "THE ONE & ONLY CLUB" now that is 5 STAR (perhaps 6 STAR)

Room Tip: avoid rooms in the Windsor Tower, very old & dated, avoid room 614 in the balmoral Tower for the...
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place is beautiful. The food was amazing, especially the Crystal Restaurant. I loved that you could hav a la carte every day, even for breakfast, without reservations. We only ate at the buffet once. The private island is ultra romantic & idyllic. The staff are so friendly. You can't pass a staff member without them smiling and asking how you are. The chef came out to ask how our meal was, what a nice touch. THAT is rare. And the entertainment. Oh my God. They have a one man band named Garrett Cooper and his voice is out of this world incredible.
I love that you can scuba dive every day, or go on snorkelling tours. My boyfriend and I have been to a ton of all inclusives but usually prefer adventure travel however we only left the resort once in our week stay, that's how wonderful it was. GREAT job. I'm not really sure if I will want to stay anywhere else ever again!

Utica, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I have been on many crusies in the past three years but for our 10 year anniversary we decided to book at a Sandals resort. So since we loved the Bahamas on our last crusie we decided to try the Sandals resort there. I have to say I was very nervous at first about doing an all inclusive trip and not getting everything I was promised but to my absolute surprise this was by far the best trip I have ever taken!
I only spent four days but they were the best quality four days I have had in a long time with my husband.
We had butler service and I can honestly say it was worth every penny I paid and then some!! I'll never go any where else!! The butlers at this Sandals in my opinion are second to none. I needed something, they got it!! A no hassel stress free vacation can't be found any place else!!

Room Tip: Any room with butler service is a great room!!