My wife and I stayed at the Royal Bahamian for 4 nights and wish we had booked for twice the long. The resort, and especially the staff, exceeded our expectations in every respect. We stayed at a butler suite, which I highly recommend. Contrary to a popular image of ‘stuffy’ or ‘stiff’ demeanor, our butlers, Gemayel, Vincent and Melekah were very professional and accommodating yet exceptionally personable and friendly.
Gemayel greeted us upon arrival, showed us around the resort while our luggage was being delivered to our suite, gave us a private cell phone for butler contact, reserved poolside lounge chairs for the next morning, and generally made us feel very welcome. When we departed Gemayel was again on hand to make sure our luggage was picked up and our car was waiting to take us to the airport. Vincent, who was with us during much of our stay, took care of restaurant reservations, even accompanying us to ensure prompt seating, reserved lounge chairs for us at poolside and at the beach, and dropped by restaurants to see if all was well and if he could arrange anything for us in the evening. We did not get to see Melekah as often but she, too, was professional in a warm and charming manner, ensuring that our breakfast and lunch were satisfactory as well as arranging reserved beachside lounges…and having a bath drawn with candles and flower petals around the tub for my wife (a tough act to follow now that I’m back home!).
Our sixth floor suite had a spectacular view of the beach and beautiful water, the resort itself displayed an old world sense of elegance, the food was uniformly good and the service quick and friendly. We went to the offshore island twice and found that to be even more relaxing and quieter than the main resort.
My wife enjoyed the spa twice and, having been to spas in other resorts in the Caribbean and in the States, including upscale casino spas, ranked it among the tops. Both the spa and the fitness center were in temporary quarters, and though the fitness center was only partially equipped it was still adequate and the trainer/attendant, Paul, was quite knowledgeable and, like everyone else we met on the staff, very friendly.
As noted in other reviews, the resort is undergoing construction/updating stemming from a hurricane but the work in progress was done as quietly as could be expected, no very early or nighttime work, and no doubt the finished product will be spectacular.
If there was any negative it was that the music played from speakers around the pool was a bit loud at night. A suggestion would be to mute the music about eleven or so, certainly by midnight.
All in all, we give the Royal Bahamian an A+ and we look forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •New, extra comfortable, ultra luxurious Day Beds added poolside on Sandals Cay •Sandals Cay now has Zen Spa and Fire Pits.-----•Butler Service, 24-Hour Room Service, and Rolls Royce or Mercedes Transfers for select suite categories. •Over 10,000 sq. ft. of the Island’s most impressive Freshwater Pools•Sandals Cay – Nassau’s only resort with Private Offshore Island & Restaurant.•Ten Dining Options featuring an array of cuisine from French to Bahamian. •Minutes away from excellent duty free shopping in Downtown Nassau on Bay Street and world class gambling on Paradise Island.•Weekly Late night decadent Chocolate Buffet offering specialty coffee •Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” 18 years in a row. •Voted Sandals Royal Bahamian “Bahamas’ Leading Spa Resort”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort And Offshore Island
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Hotel Nassau
- Sandals Bahamas
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Cable Beach
- Sandals Bahamian
- Sandal Resort Bahamas
- Sandal Royal Bahamian
- Sandals Royal Bahamian Spa Resort & Offshore Island Bahamas/Nassau