“Great cracked conch” 4 of 5 stars

Arawak Cay, Nassau, New Providence Island
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 185 restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: Bahamian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Mission Viejo, California, United States
“Great cracked conch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I love Goldie's cracked conch. Their conch salad? not all that great. Service was excellent. Just don't go outside to the back of the restaurant. That's where they throw all their shells and boy do they stink. for the best conch salad in Nassau go to McKenzies at Potter's Cay or else go to The Point at Harborside Resort, Atlantis. Beleive it or not, their salad is pretty darn good. It's got alot of conch and it's too heavy on the onions (like most are).

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Tyler, Texas
“Don't go out of your way to eat here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

First off, it may be my mistake for eating here in the first place, so forgive this review. I am from Texas and we have lots of little places like this in our area, from BBQ joints to Fish places, so I am comparing this to what I am accustomed to. First off, the staff does not appear to know the meaning of hospitality. This was a quiet night (Wednesday evening) and the slow season (September) and we felt like we were intruding. The service is slow, but I have no problem with that and understand that appears to be the nature of the Bahamian's. But you have to understand that when you welcome someone, it is contagious and has a domino effect on future business. The food was below average (again, compared to what I am accustomed to). My wife and I shared the seafood platter. The best way to explain it would be for you to go to Long John Silver's and buy three combination platters and pile them on one big plate. Actually, Long John Silver's is better quality, but they have built a very successful franchise on the quality of their food, so perhaps that is not a fair comparison. If you want allot of food and have never experienced this kind of atmosphere, and don't mind slow service and less than friendly service and the only way you know the difference in your fried entree is by the shape of it...by all means, try this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Midland, Texas
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We decided on the 3rd day of our trip to the Fish Fry we would try Goldie's Conch House, we are so glad that we did! We had excellent food and they also served Bud Light which was a big positive for me! I did like the Sands Light and the Kalik Light, but I like having a choice! We shared Conch Fritters which are a must! Then we shared a seafood platter. The food is kind of pricey but we shared our plate and had plenty of food to get full! They also had nice air conditioning which was nice!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The best lunch & Sky juice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I wish we ate lunch here every day! I loved the crack conch lunch snack. There was so much food. My hubby's jerk chicken was bleh. He thought it was a dry rub but it was a wet sauce that tasted so-so. The Sky juice was soooo good and alittle strong. A steal at $6 and you can take it to go. Overall, Goldie's is a good value. Service slow but it is island-style. Oh, make sure you ask for change when you py the bill. The waitress took all of the money and never came back, leaving herself a +25% tip.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Clearwater, Florida
“Goldies is a True Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Went on a cruise to the Bahamas with 4 of some of my dearest girl friends. Having been the predestined unofficial cruise director, I had done some research and read that the most authentic sefood could be enjoyed at Arawak Cay (AKA The Fish Fry). It is a few blocks filled with several retaurants. Upon walking we passed a few whose names I had read were favorably reviewed, but, we decided to see all that was available first. Toward the end of our walk, we saw Goldies! Instantly I remembered this too was a restaurant that garnered excellent reviews; so we decided to give it a try. Fortunately, it was not busy and we took a long booth on the covered patio. Our waitress was attentive and made excellent recommendations for us. We had conch many different ways, including scorched conch which was really good! I had the Sky Juice(sp?) and it was soo good! My friends and I laughed and enjoyed the amazing food and service so much!!! The prices are so reasonable and the quality of the food far exceeds what you may expect in other restaurants, esp. those catering to tourists. Couple of tips to tourists: Do not take a dip out back of the restaurant, it is not intended for swimming and leave the plants alone! Don't worry if this doesn't make sense to you. Just go and enjoy! You will be glad you did!!!!!

• Visited August 2012