“Great Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 185 restaurants in Nassau
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A taste of old world Europe in the heart of downtown Nassau. Located in a beautifully restored, historical Bahamian home, Van Breugel's Restaurant & Bar delivers a charming fusion of Euro-Caribbean traditions. Lunch:Mon-Sat 11AM-3PM ~ Dinner:Wed-Sat 6PM-10PM ~ Closed:Sun.
Chilliwack, Canada
“Great Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Did a historical walking tour of 'old Nassau' and was referred here by our guide...great choice. Good service, comfortable surroundings and delicious food...we look forward to having dinner here either before we leave or next visit...we will come again

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
Nassau, New Providence Island
“ALWAYS a good choice for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The food is always fresh and they give u a fresh bread basket upon being seated which is always hot....the food is fresh tasty and well presented and prepared

I would definitely go again

Visited July 2013
charleston, il
“Great Meal in Downtown Nassau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was the best meal my wife and I had during our five days in the Bahamas...I would highly recommend this restaurant...it's located just a block off downtown Bay Street in an old home that has character distinctive to the region...we sat outside on the patio that was undercover so it was a nice atmosphere...we ordered the Beef Stroganoff, and it was exceptional...cooked perfectly to our specifications...literally melted in your mouth and the sauce was the tastiest I've ever had for stroganoff!!...this is not an inexpensive restaurant but typical for fine dining in the Bahamas...to be expected for what we ordered...I'd put this at the top of my list to dine again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
York, Maine
“Excellent Choice to Host Wedding Party Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I needed a restaurant to host a party for about 15 guests that were in Nassau for our son's wedding. We selected Van Breugel's and we were delighted with the choice.

Chef Freddy was very engaged with our group - coming out several times to talk about specials for the evening and suggesting special combinations that he was prepared to create.

The service was perfect - attentive, but not intrusive. Very friendly staff. The food was enjoyed by all.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely Phenomenal! Not to be missed while in Nassau!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I went to Nassau on vacation recently to visit family that had recently moved to the island. While there they kept raving about this amazing restaurant name Van Breugel's, so I had already had high expectations before we all attended. Needless to to say, I was blown away! The service, food and overall experience was excellent! There is a great energy as soon as you walk in. Great people with warm welcoming smiles (staff and customers). When ordering with the waitress we actually had the pleasure of meeting the owner Freddy. Charming fellow and master chef who will have you getting excited and salivating as he describes the options/choices. I had ordered the mahi-mahi and it was bar none the best seafood dish I have ever experienced. To put it in perspective, we went to Van Breugel's 3 times over my 5 day stay and I cannot wait to return on my next visit. Definitely the highlight of my trip!

• Visited June 2013