“best kept secret” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
Orlando, Florida
“best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

When we arrived at the resort I was a little worried about my choice in location based on the outside appearance. Once I entered the Condo I knew I had made a perfect choice. The units are HUGE with all up to date ammenities. The ocean view rooms had ceiling to floor windows that allowed for a perfect view of the ocean. The private beach out back was perfect for a small number of family and friends I was able to rest and still keep a watchful eye on the kids because it wasn't too big, you can also walk by water to any other resorts for a more scenic view of the strip. The staff was extremely pleasant. The units were clean, the resort is in walking distance to shops and restaurants and has a bus stop right in front to travel to downtown. This will be our spot yearly for a girls vacation from here on out! I loved it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

Large fully equiped kitchen area, large dining area & large living room area on first floor. Large master bedroom with full bathroom, another bedroom with two beds, full bathroom in hallway on second floor. Bedroom with two beds & two roll-away beds on third floor. Strip mall across the street with several restaurants. A grocery store about 4 to 5 blocks away in walking distance. The rooms were clean & neat & very very large, something you can't say about a lot of motels/hotels in Nassua. The only negative (a small one to me) were the ants running around in the bathroom & kitchen area. I was able to fish in the ocean in the back & I did catch some fish that I brought back with me.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

This place is very run down. It needs a great deal of updating. We were in an Ocean View 3 bedroom that was suppose to have been updated. Far from it. The air conditioning did not work all week. The dishwasher fell over because they did not bolt it to the counter, the fridge leaked water daily, the door on the outdoor laundry came off the hinges, the dryer was all rusted from water from the air conditioners sitting on the roof of the outdoor closet it sat in, the "king" beds were 2 singles pushed together and did not even have a matress pad, the tub was dirty, the beds are old and hard, the wireless internet was not powerful enough to work unless you were in their "library" which was a small closet with a computer in it... I could go on and on. It is not worth the money. There is NO beach even though it says there is. The staff was nice but the management is horrible. They would not accomodate any of our issues. They refused to give any of our money back but instead offered us 15% off of our next stay. That will not get used as we will never go back. We had 6 adults and none of us were happy with any of the accomodations. The only good thing about it was that it is in the Bahamas. I cannot say enough how disappointed we were. We travel quite a bit as we own timeshares and this is the worst place we have ever stayed. The pictures do not show the poor conditions at all. We went and stayed at Atlantis one night just to get out of there and it was the best part of our vacation. We spoke to many locals that told us that this place changed management and has really gone down hill. We noticed that back in 1995 and 1996 they were rated very high with RCI - nothing since and it really shows. It is obvious that when the new management came onsite that they do not care about the condition of the property or the way in which they treat their guests or staff. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

The Blue Water Resort is a great place to stay if you like condos versus hotels. The ocean villas are three level condos with lots of room and a great view of the ocean and pool. It is only a few blocks from the Casino and restaurants. There is a large grocery store only a couple of blocks away. The beach is small but very private and beautiful. The staff was great and very attentive.

We rented a car and found this easier than always having to get a taxi. Parking is no problem at the condo.

We have stayed at a number of hotels on the island and like the Blue Water Resort the best.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
BWRNassau, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Hello From Paradise, Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations and great location. We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach in the near future! Regards, Eloise Rolle
Ft. Pierce
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I have stayed at Blue Water resort twice and am planning a special 60th birthday celebration next August. Both previous visits were for one week with friends. This was a perfect amount of time to relax and really feel that I was on vacation. Nassua is beautiful and this location is perfect for me and my friends. The service was great both times. Very friendly and helpful staff. These are all girl holidays which include preparing fresh seafood and enjoying the tropical fruits of the West Indies. The kitchen allows for plenty of cooking and the location itself is perfect for entertaining. I have travelled extensively in my life and always come back to Nassau for a fun relaxing vacation. Doe Thornton

• Stayed October 2009
Hello From Paradise, Thank you kindly for sharing your experiences at Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach. The fresh seafood is most certainly amazing and I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable getaway with your friends! We look forward to welcoming you back next year for such a great celebration! Regards, Eloise Rolle
Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

This resort is one of the best kept secrets on Cable Beach in Nassau, Bahamas. From I arrived at the entrance, I was immediately impressed with the 24-hr. uniformed security staff who were very friendly and helpful. The registration and check-in was a snap with smiling guests who welcomed me and assured me that if I needed anything to make my stay more comfortable, all I had to do was ask. The rooms were, as advertised, clean, neat and comfortable. Everything was in excellent condition - just like a home away from home.

The location of the resort, in close walking distance to some of the finest dining, casinos, straw market, and most beautiful beaches on the island was definitely a plus. While there is ample convenient parking for a rented car, it is also very convenient to simply walk out to the front gate and hitch a ride on one of the local jitneys that could take you to any of the island hot spots.

My stay at Blue Water Resorts was definitely one of my most memorable, and compares with any of the other resorts on the island. It was worth every penny spent. I will definitely begoing there whenever I travel to New Providence.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Hello From Paradise, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am also happy to hear that our team members at our front desk were able to assist you with everything during your stay, and I will share your kind comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back to Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach in the near future! Warm Regards, Eloise Rolle
Allen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed here during huricane Earl. Just a little rain, but watching the waves and going to the beach was awesome! Tiki hut for drinks and light meals with conversation with locals - FUN! The bus stops right outside the resort. Perfect for trips to Senor Frogs, the Fish Fry, or downtown shopping. A quick cab ride to Atlantis to vist was more than sufficent. Don't forget to try the local Beer Kalik or flavored rums.
All the 3 bedroom units are being renovated. Staff was outstanding! Best and most friendly I've come across in a long time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach? Share your experiences!