“paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Nassau
Ft. Pierce
“paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I have stayed at Blue Water resort twice and am planning a special 60th birthday celebration next August. Both previous visits were for one week with friends. This was a perfect amount of time to relax and really feel that I was on vacation. Nassua is beautiful and this location is perfect for me and my friends. The service was great both times. Very friendly and helpful staff. These are all girl holidays which include preparing fresh seafood and enjoying the tropical fruits of the West Indies. The kitchen allows for plenty of cooking and the location itself is perfect for entertaining. I have travelled extensively in my life and always come back to Nassau for a fun relaxing vacation. Doe Thornton

• Stayed October 2009
BWRNassau, Guest Relations Manager at Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Hello From Paradise, Thank you kindly for sharing your experiences at Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach. The fresh seafood is most certainly amazing and I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable getaway with your friends! We look forward to welcoming you back next year for such a great celebration! Regards, Eloise Rolle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

This resort is one of the best kept secrets on Cable Beach in Nassau, Bahamas. From I arrived at the entrance, I was immediately impressed with the 24-hr. uniformed security staff who were very friendly and helpful. The registration and check-in was a snap with smiling guests who welcomed me and assured me that if I needed anything to make my stay more comfortable, all I had to do was ask. The rooms were, as advertised, clean, neat and comfortable. Everything was in excellent condition - just like a home away from home.

The location of the resort, in close walking distance to some of the finest dining, casinos, straw market, and most beautiful beaches on the island was definitely a plus. While there is ample convenient parking for a rented car, it is also very convenient to simply walk out to the front gate and hitch a ride on one of the local jitneys that could take you to any of the island hot spots.

My stay at Blue Water Resorts was definitely one of my most memorable, and compares with any of the other resorts on the island. It was worth every penny spent. I will definitely begoing there whenever I travel to New Providence.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Hello From Paradise, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am also happy to hear that our team members at our front desk were able to assist you with everything during your stay, and I will share your kind comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back to Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach in the near future! Warm Regards, Eloise Rolle
Allen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We stayed here during huricane Earl. Just a little rain, but watching the waves and going to the beach was awesome! Tiki hut for drinks and light meals with conversation with locals - FUN! The bus stops right outside the resort. Perfect for trips to Senor Frogs, the Fish Fry, or downtown shopping. A quick cab ride to Atlantis to vist was more than sufficent. Don't forget to try the local Beer Kalik or flavored rums.
All the 3 bedroom units are being renovated. Staff was outstanding! Best and most friendly I've come across in a long time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Shelby Township, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

We stayed from 31st July to 7th August and had an ocean view villa #11, very spacious. But the bedroom on the third floor was too hot to sleep in. The unit would benefit from some simple maintenance. The beach is tiny, but there are beautiful views across to Atlantis. There is a supermarket about half a mile away and a regular bus service ($1.25 each) that takes you to downtown Nassau. The Tiki hut and bar on the premises offered reasonably priced food and drinks. The pool was not cleaned every day. A taxi for 4 to Atlantis cost $23 one way, definitely worth a visit. Visit Fish Fry and choose from many restuarants. The straw market was a cool place to barter.Overall the staff were helpful. The Crystal casino was nearby and their buffet was excellent but not a patch on the Atlantis Casino. So all in all it served its purpose for our group of 8.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
BWRNassau, Manager at Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Greetings From Paradise! Thank you for staying with us recently at Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the value and great location offered at the resort and Da Sand Bar pool bar & grill. I apologize that the 3rd floor bedroom was found to be on the warmer side. We appreciate this feedback as we have made sure that the air conditioning is filling throughout this bedroom. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Blue Water!

Regards,

Eloise Rolle
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

I stayed at this resort last year April, 2009, as well as this year May 2010, with my sisters.
The service was excellent, and the staff friendly and professional, expecially the general manager, Jennifer Hadland.
Access to a pool, especially when the beach was too rough -, an excellent idea.
The units were fully equipped, and if anything was missing or needed in the unit, it was quickly supplied.
I loved the cherry trees, the cocoacnut trees, and the lovely view of the ocean.
Hopefully, we will visit, if units are available, at the end of Ausgust, again, this year.
We thorougly enjoyed our stay.
Judy Rodrigues

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Our first trip to Nassau and we enjoyed every minute. The Blue Water resort was affordable for a family of 5 to stay a week. My husband loves to cook, so he packed a small cooler with steaks, ham, bacon, and a couple of pounds of hamburger meat. We didn't have any problems at customs traveling with the cooler. Blue Water resort has a small patio and BBQ pit which my husband took advantage of and BBQ as much as he could. Our kids prefer eating my husband's cooking then going out to restaurants. We had a small problem with the AC dripping water in the living room, but that was quickly taken care of. We went snorkling one evening and got stung by jelly fish. Apparently, these little creatures come out in the evening, so be careful. The resort also has a small tiki bar/restaurant and a cook called "Mama" she was very friendly, makes the strongs drinks you'll ever have and exchanged jerk chicken recipes with my husband. At the end of our trip we gave "Mama" our uncooked meat and left over groceries we didn't want to pack. To our suprise at check-out the next morning, all of our charges to our room for the week had been removed. Whether this was "Mama's" doing or a communication problem, I say, it pays to be nice to people. We will definately go back to Blue Water.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Our only glitch as on Sunday evenign arrival, the security guard could not find our reservation. He had to make a call (s?) but it was resolved in a short time. We had a garden unit #23 (meaning No view of the ocean, but a nice little patio) - which I assumed was not one of the renovated units, judging by style of furniture. Unit was comfortable and clean, but our unit had those teeny tiny sand bugs in the bathroom. Keep in mind that the beds are twins , except for master bedroom. The master bedroom had a balcony but the view is not great, just of the tenniscourt. We had one maintenance problem, a leak in bathroom, which was promptly fixed. Beach is small, but we loved it. No banana boats, jet skies, etc. to dodge while in the water. Found the quality of the beach same if not cleaner than on Paradise Island or the Sheraton - a few blocks away, which isclosest spot for water sports. Location is convenient to acitvity. If you want night life at this resort, you need to bring your own party.

We found staff was great. Resort needs to change some policies like charging for ice (ice makers do not work but you have trays to make your own); provide beach towels; include laundry detergent packages along with dishwashing detergent.

Would defintely come back again

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach? Share your experiences!