If you pick Blue Water Resort, you probably need the space. We traveled with two kids and needed a 3 bedroom location close to the beach. Blue Water was great! It was much cheaper than renting two rooms at a larger resort. The villas are clean and spacious, perfect for our family. Yes, there are a few things they could do to freshen up the place, like paint any color besides white, softer sheets, Wifi that worked. ( although we figured out to enable location/privacy settings on your ipad and it works better) etc. But I have rented villas in many Caribbean islands, and found Blue Water actually above average.
The bartender, and security guards were very friendly and gave us recommendations for restaurants. The office staff took a little bit more to warm up to us.
We took our own beach towels, and got some from the hotel. The jitney takes you to the market and you can walk back. The prices are double US and if I had it to do over I would have went to the market with a meal plan instead of winging it- we wasted a lot of food by not eating it in time before we had to leave. But still it was better than eating out for EVERY meal which for four people is easily $100/$150 per night.
The private beach and heated pool were great!! We were close to the only ones using them. We walked over to the Sheraton to parasail and their beach was jam packed! People fighting for 2 foot of sand. Their pool had about 200 people in it! Not my idea of enjoying a pool.. At blue water, me and my kids could swim race from one side of the pool to the other without running into someone and we left our " cash and stuff" on the beach without worrying someone would steal it.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water Resort On Cable Beach Hotel Nassau
- Blue Water Resort On Cable Beach Hotel
- Blue Water Hotel
- Blue Water Nassau
- Bahamas Guanahani Village
- Guanahani Village
- Blue Water Resort On Cable Beach Bahamas/Nassau
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Water Resort is a tropical escape. Relax in spacious three-bedroom ocean or garden villas. Step outside and enjoy the island breeze and sounds of the unending waves. Play tennis onsite or jump into the beautiful ocean-side pool. Treat yourself to the excitement of the nearby casino, go deep-sea fishing or put on your snorkel and fins. At night, visit Da Sand Bar & Grill for dinner, or visit the bright lights of Paradise Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Water Resort on Cable Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.