“Westwind II” 4 of 5 stars
Review of West Wind Club II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nassau
West Wind Club II
You added West Wind Club II to your Saves list
West Bay Street, Cable Beach | Cable Beach, Nassau, New Providence Island   |
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Denver, CO
“Westwind II”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My family bought 2 weeks here back in the late 70's and I still love this place. I love the island and the people and the food.

The units are not as modern as newer ones because it's not a new place. They have been updated and function just fine. My bed was a bit firm for me and the friends we traveled with said their bed was too soft. You jusy can't please everyone.

The staff was great, the pools were lovely, the beach (as always!) was amazing. We snorkeled there nearly every day and saw a large variety of sealife - something new every day, which was great!

I hope to go back again many times. I really love it there!!

Room Tip: I have always stayed in the same unit. The ones on the beach side are more windy, but the view is w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bossier City, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

The staff is nice; however, the structure is old and in much need of renovations. A friend is an owner at the resort, and I was not please with the quality. The sheets and towels are stained. The hair dryers in the bathrooms was rusted with cob webs. It had an aged smell in the villa. Hair from previous tenants were everywhere. The table was propped with a paper towel for stability. The same futon cover has been on the futon since we have been coming to the resort. This is the third year we have visited this property. The chairs finish is coming off. Just do not have that clean feeling while visiting.

Stayed December 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Just back stayed here last week of October. Liked it so much we bought a week. I was very happy that they had great tv system. I know your not suppose to be watching tv, your at the best beach. World series at night, Monday and Thursday football. Bears and beach by day.
All the people were fantastic. Bud light was a bit expensive $59.00 per case at Sheraton.
Must do Daiquiri bar across the street $6.00 and made with fresh fruit. Twin Brothers at fish frry was good try the counch fritters., the wings are also good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I used to sell WestWindII way back before they were even built. So we bought 2 weeks here and we have never been disappointed, yes they need updating, but we are talking over 30 years of happiness here. You could never get a staff like we have at WWII, the girls are outstanding, the snack bar has really good food at a great price and the drinks are just great, and our location is the best, we have a wonderful beach and right next door is the Sheridan hotel and casino, we are within walking distance of many places to eat. So if your looking for a place that's not overcrowded and you love the beach, then WWII is the place to be, and make sure you meet Donita she is the manager at WWII and she is just a sweetheart.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Myself and a girl friend went to Nassau, Bahamas the last week of September. We intentionally stayed at Cable Beach, away from the hustle and bustle(and inflated prices)of Paradise Island. This was our 1st ever trip to the Bahamas and Caribbean in general. In short, we were very happy with our choice and the weather was excellent.

The beach was very nice as that and the ocean were highlights of the trip.
Even though the forecast was for 30% chance of rain every day, we only had 2 hours of rain for our entire 5 day stay. During the day it was 85-88 degrees, and about 70 at night. We stayed right on the beach and had a breeze the entire time which helped a lot during the day.

We rented a condo, The West Wind II right on the beach. We were very satisfied with it. The reviews online are pretty accurate so I wont go into too much detail on it. But excellent location, great beach, and good price. It is right next door to the Sheraton and Wyndam hotels. But it offers much more privacy and more of a vacation feel. The last thing I want to do on a beach vacation is take the elevator to the 15th floor and stay with a thousand other guests. There are only 54 units at West Wind, on 2 levels. We had unit #8 on the 2nd level which had a great view of ocean from living room and balcony. Has 2 pools and an outdoor bar/restaurant. Had a good breakfast there at a great price of $6. The bar was convenient to drink poolside. The inside was clean, but dated. Could use a fresh coat of paint. Kitchen is fully stocked and came in handy for lunches. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Seemed like all of the other guests were repeat guests while we were there. I would stay there again.

Cable Beach info: The Bahamas are expensive so here is some info on dining/shopping/getting around. The #10 Bus will take you everywhere except Paradise Island, only taxi's go there. The bus is $1.25. Taxi's are pretty much $15-20 to go anywhere including the airport or downtown Nassau.

There is a full grocery store on West Bay St at Cable beach. Yes the prices are more than back home. We just bought the necessities and some food for lunches. Making your own lunch did save money and TIME rather than going out every day. There are 2 liquor stores near this grocery store. The local Kalik beer is fantastic. And Curly's a local bar sold real Cuban Cohiba's. There's nothing better than smoking a cigar at night on the beach. Also there are local shops, restaurants and a couple American fast food joints all in this same area as the grocery store. All walking distance.

We had a great lunch at local Skyline Deli. They have sandwiches, salads and a few entrees. Good European meats, cheeses and olives also. The best dinner we had was at Compass Point, which is about a 15 minute taxi ride West. Great outdoor seating overlooking the ocean with a cool breeze. Amazing food, but fairly expensive ($87 dinner for 2 people and 4 beers) I recommend the Conch or Salmon. We went to the local Fish Fry area near downtown. It was kind of a seedy local area, but a good experience. We had fish at Twin Brothers. Good meal, $46 for 2 and 2 beers. We had a great breakfast buffet at the Sheraton. Very high quality food, but $25 a person.

The downtown area was a disappointment to me, and I am glad we didn't spend much time there. Same goes for Paradise Island. I would recommend the Blue Lagoon Island(Salt Cay)Day trip. It is a nice boat ride from Paradise Island to an exotic uninhabited island. Very good views from the boat of Nassau and paradise island.
Overall I was happy with my 1st visit to the Bahamas and would return.

Room Tip: Even # rooms are on 2nd level, great views of ocean
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jennings, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The location is great. Walking distance to restaurants, liquor stores, and grocery if you are a walker. Beach area is fantastic. The condos are small and outdated. I am glad we were just two because four of us would have been on top of each other. Staff was fantastic and the food at the snack bar was very good. The Monday night barbeque was a disappointment though. We were in the units closes to the road and away from the beach. Don't need a car because the buses will take you everywhere. Plus people drive like crazy and being on the wrong side of the road would be confusing. All in all though we had a great time and the resort served its purpose. They did call us spoiled when we mentioned the types of condos we are use to staying in. Don't expect luxury here and you will be ok.

Room Tip: If you are just sleeping it won't make a difference which units you stay in. If you are going t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've been conflicted in how to approach this review. My family of 4 (2A, 2 kids aged 12 and 6) stayed here for a week through an RCI exchange, and we knew that it would not be a perfect resort. At the beginning of our stay, we may have given it a 2/5 rating. The two bedroom condo really was dated. While there had been some lipstick put on the pig, so to speak, it just did not feel all that clean, and there were so many things that could have easily been done to make it feel better. We were particularly blessed to be given a condo very near the beach which was so convenient with the kids.

However, the location was fantastic. We loved Cable Beach, and even enjoyed the snorkeling right out in front of the Sheraton. We visited the Daiquiri shack across the street regularly, and we also walked to other shops and restaurants in the are. The jitneys were fabulous for getting around and we felt no need to have a car.

The staff was friendly, and we had a lunch at the grill which was tasty and reasonable. We also did the Monday night BBQ, which may have been the worst meal ever. So overpriced, not well cooked, and the FLIES!. I would definitely skip that.

We also spent three nights at Atlantis, and admittedly, we missed the little condo at the end of that experience, so I would probably consider returning for the wonderful location and beach, and I'd probably give a 3.5 rating if I could, but I want to be realistic about the condition. We had a great stay, but we had to "get over" our condo unit a little.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to West Wind Club II? Share your experiences!