“Relaxing week with friends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of West Wind Club II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nassau
West Wind Club II
Save Saved
You added West Wind Club II to your Saves list
West Bay Street, Cable Beach | Cable Beach, Nassau, New Providence Island   |
Ranked #9 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Mississauga, Canada
“Relaxing week with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travelled as a group of 7(5 adults, 2 children). I was really surprised that there was NO wait at customs(Coming or going home). Everything went very smoothly. The luggage came quickly and there were many extremely friendly taxi's outside. Taxi's have to give you the same price as it is governed. We paid $27, the fee is $18 for 2 ppl from the airport to the resort and $3 for each additional person(children have no fee).

The West Wind 2 is a friendly low key place to relax and enjoy your vacation. You have complete access to the Sheraton hotel next door. I spent my time at there beach and pool as they have loungers and a hot tub.

The West Wind 2 has friendly staff, anything you need just ask. The bar has decent food, the price is somewhat expensive though. They serve $5(non-alcoholic) strawberry smoothies. However there is a daquiry hut across the street in the small shopping market. They have amazing smoothies in many flavours for $6 with alcohol(try the mango or coconut..yum).

I stayed in a ground level villa that had 2 bedrooms(1 queen bed, the other with 2 twin beds), 2 bathrooms and a futon in the living room. It had a full kitchen, private patio and cable TV. The grocery store was about a 10 minute walk up the street. It is VERY pricey. I brought food in my suitcase(instant noodles, microwave popcorn, granola bars, pancake mix, powdered juice, cereal, soy milk etc)

Thr Jitney is a bus you can catch outside the resort. It will take you downtown for $1.25 each way. There is a large straw market downtown were you can do alot of souvenier shopping. You can grab liqour at the many liqour stores (2 downtown ans 2 by the resort close to the grocery store). The prices are the same as the duty free.

If your looking for a fun time then head downdown to Senor Frogs. Great food and the drinks are flowing. Order the YARD size drink!!!

I'd also suggest taking the ferry(or walking across the bridge) and head over to Paradise Island.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Needham, MA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We just bought a week at this timeshare facility. There's never any pressure to buy - we've been here 8 years with friends and decided to buy a unit so that we can stay here for 2 weeks with them. We pack a cooler and bring meat, frozen veggies, juice, coffee, etc. since food in the supermarkets in Nassau can be expensive (usually two or even three times as much as we pay in the U.S.) and the quality isn't always as good as we get at home. We have only been to one decent restaurant here (Luciano's) so we find we eat better in the unit. The staff is friendly and accommodating, There are 2 well-maintained pools and a lovely beach. Units have comfy mattresses and a newly remodeled kitchen and Donita, the manager, is responsive to any questions or needs. It's not fancy but it's a very comfortable place to spend a relaxing vacation. You can rent a unit for about $1400-$1500 a week to see if you like it. Since 1 room has twin beds and 1 room has a queen bed and there's 2 bathrooms, very easy for 2 couples to travel together. There's also an outdoor bar that serves good food and drinks which can be charged to your room.

Room Tip: We stay in the back of the resort near the tennis courts. It's not necessary to have an ocean v...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ottawa, ontario, canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My older daughter and I stayed here through RCI exchange, Aug 18th - 25th. I did alot of research before leaving so there were no surprises. We did pack some dried noodles and rice and tuna and lays chips in a can and coffee/tea. The Citymarket was bought out by Supersave Grocers the day we arrived, so we had a short $1.25 bus ride to pick up fresh food. Yes, it is expensive, and the locals all buy food and sundry's in Miami. We walked to Burns (just 5 min. out of the resort to your right and accross the street) for Kalik beer (3 for $5.00- $1.66 ea) and Barefoot- Merlo -$10.25 Ricardo Coconut Rum.$13.05 -1 L and drk and light rum too.$8.95 to $12;00.in the same plaza, you hit the little pastry shop(NOT the sweet shop) There beef patties are to die for. $2.00 each and they warm them up for you too!
Taxi fromn airport to Westwind II was $20 which included 3 bags. The #10 or #12 bus takes you to the Fish Fry (opens at 11:30 for lunch til after 9.) Sorry, but we missed that, will have to come back. These buses also go downtown, and you just walk to the road and wave one down
Very friendly drivers and fast on the round-abouts!!! Our unit was a 2 bedroom, very clean and fully equipt. People who expext the Ritz C, should book there. Don't buy water at the grocers. Its better to but a 5 gallon jug at the resort. and not as heavy either!!
Hightly recommend the Flying Cloud Catamaran snorkeling cruise on Sunday. 5 hrs with Lunch and stop at Rose Island. and great snorkel stop.(hello to Will from Monica)
Aside from the construction going on building the huge Baha-Mar Resort We had a fantastic relaxing time. Senior frogs downtown was a blast!
The resort also needs more live entertainment. the one day was not enough! Great band!
The Sheraton was very quiet as well, and the Casino very smokey but ok slots (was not busy at all.) Night Club up stairs was closed.
Hope this info helps.

Yes....we will be back!

Room Tip: We had a villa at the back (larger pool and no kids) Always had loungers at the beach with umbrellas...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

A group of 10+ went for the week. We always travel to Belize and were excited about another Tropical destination to put on our list. The story begins.....

Plane ride to the island...beautiful

Customs upon arrival...horrific. Had to wait 1 hour to get through....really long lines

West Wind II....Nice location, but very outdated. The rooms will take you back to the 1980's, but ours was clean. Everything is self service. You can pay for maid service. You can exchange your towels on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Pools are rather small for the size of the property. Food was very good at the Cabana in the middle of the resort. Staff - not so friendly. You feel like you are "putting them out" for anything you ask for. The nicest person was either the manager/owner inside the check in area. They have wireless internet services (at a cost) but signal strength is low and you constantly get kicked out.

Beach access - great! The beach is very clean, but there are no trash recepticles and no staff to monitor for glass. This was a concern.

Sheraton next door - warm inside, but offers great amenities for West Wind II guests to utlize. The italian restaurant was about the best food we encountered on the trip. The casino is nice and there is a liquor store inside which is convenient.

Grocery and Restaurants on the island - VERY expensive. Expect to pay at least $50-150 for dinners. We went to the grocery store and bought food for breakfast and lunch. Pricey, but to be expected.

The best service on the island were the taxi drivers. They were very nice, especially Franklin Cox. We found him to be the nicest person on the island.

Leaving the island...TERROR! You better leave 3+ hours before your flight time. It took us 1 hours to get through Airport security, then another 1.5 hours to get through Customs. Several guests around us missed their flights.

Glad to be home!

Room Tip: Rooms with beach view are the nicest. The lower level 2 bedroom suites are small, the upper 2 bedro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I try to come here every summer. I love this place. It feels like coming home. Same people same friendly staff year after year. I didn't know what to expect when they started building the behemouth BAHA-MAR but the WWII will survive. Even my favorite DAK SHACK is intact and serving the best daquaris on the island. See you next summer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed at this resort West Wind II June 16 to 23,2012.
I was at the West Wind ! in April 2012. Each had their own good points.
To me this resort was older or at less my resort was. I had a one bedroom upper floor.
Everything I needed was on the first floor, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, livingroom; but up stairs was the loft with another bathroom and two twin beds. I was located near the main road and front desk, snack bar, tennis but the beach was farther away which was ok also because the weather was so cool around 80 that I needed no AC most days and left patio door open to get so warm air. There is 2 pools, the one nearest me was the largest and bath water warm. The snack bar food was ok but go before you are too hurgury its very slow, also know what you what and be careful with your words when ordering. Upon arrival I was ready to eat; I always travel with a few can goods like tuna, shimp, clams, rice, soups to tie me over and cut the cost but I didn't even what to open a can. So I ordered a side of Fries from the bar for $4.00 at the other WestWind it was a plate full, well I was given a little round bowl with I guess 20 potatoes, I asked for a yellow bird drink which usually has rum in it! but I didn't ask for rum and I don't beleive any rum was in it. I cooked the next couple of days. While returning from the beach I must past the snack bar so I stopped and order $4. fries guessing the small bowl will hold me until I cook. Well to my surprise I received about a pound of potatoes on a dinner plate for $4. The next day I decided I was going to get to the bottom of this. Was I cheated the first day or was I given the wrong amount the second time ordered?
I ordered a frank and frys for $6.50 and it turned out again to be either for 2 people. By the way it was good! I didn't make a big deal out of it but I asked one of the workers about the difference in amount and why? I was told it was the way spoke what I wanted (side order is a little bowl and order of is a large plate; lol same price; lol.
The workers did not go out of their way to be friendly, not even the other guest was friendly it could have been since I was traveliing alone some feel threaten.
I travel to Nassau a few times each year, usually staying a different resort; I loved this resort location and the beach right outside my door; you can walk 1/4 of a mile on the beach before reaching rocks.
Between the two Westwind Resorts, I would return to the other one first because the service and guest are nicer as well as the resort itself just smaller but large enough for me.
This beach and 2 pools and snack bar is more costly, less friendly and larger in size.

Room Tip: The lower unit numbers are closer to the beach. The higher numbers are closer to largest pool, snac...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Concord, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My friend and I decided we deserved a nice week away and I traded my timeshare for this place. We expected tropical paradise; it has been closer to a nightmare so far. Drenching rain and heavy winds for days on end. Our unit is #43. The weather stripping is gone around the front door, so the rain floods onto the kitchen floor in huge puddles. The air conditioned remains busted with no hope in sight of it getting fixed. They throw us towels to soak up the mess and we got a few free drinks for our troubles. We would escape if we could, but have nowhere to go. The "laid back" feel of this place seems more like complacancy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to West Wind Club II? Share your experiences!