“pleased we choose this place” 4 of 5 stars

Orange Hill Beach Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   West Bay St, Nassau, New Providence Island   |
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Nassau
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“pleased we choose this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

stayed at Orange Hill for a week before visiting another Island, we stayed in one of the older style apartments on the first night, but the owners did'nt charge us for that night, as there had been a little mix up with the cottage by the sea we had booked,The older style apartment was ok a little tried, good for a night, perfect for an over nighter, as the airport is very near.
The next morning we moved into the cottage, it was great everything you would need was right there, over looking the sea, clean, and I did remark about how comfortable the huge bed was and lovely linen
. we enjoyed the week going to the quieter beach, we had them all to ourselves. orange hill is a quiet and friendly run hotel, and the price is great valve compaired too other hotels on the Island, we would definitely stay here again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I have visited this hotel on many occasions since 1995, the latest being Nov this year.
It is the only place I would ever stay in Nassau. Some of the reviews on here are very dramatic/suspicous, I suppose that is the devil of trip advisor.

I have never felt more welcome anywhere on this planet, and yes I have travelled.
No this is not Atlantis of paradise Island, but I would never want that.
You are part of the family at this hotel, you will not find what they have anywhere else.

Such great hosts, I've never felt like home from home anywhere before.

As Rick says to me, welcome home :)

Keep up the good work guys :@)

• Stayed November 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed at Orange Hill before and after a sailing holiday in the Bahamas and I couldn't have chosen a better place to stay - laid back, friendly, everything you need - and so much nicer than the concrete jungle of Cable Beach or the cruise ship nightmare of Nassau. Nice rooms, a lift to the supermarket for supplies from Rick, an honesty bar, good food at good prices, quiet, a good pool and no problem - or charge - for late check out. VERY nice people - staff and guests. And a beach to myself too! If you need to stay in New Providence for a couple of days before/after diving/fishing/sailing holiday - or if you fancy a totally relaxed holiday, without spending a fortune - go for Orange Hill

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms starting with 'D' - you get a kitchenette too and a terrace overloo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed here one night because of the price and its proximity to the airport. There is just no way I would ever stay here otherwise. It is basically a 1970's concrete block motel never updated that apparently is being turned into residences for locals. The rooms are in poor repair, the entire place was in desperate need of general upkeep and cleaning. Sure there is a beach, across the main coastal road. I'm not that hard to please but the website is really misleading. The people were friendly but the facilities are just not up to par.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at Orange Hill in early November. I booked one of the cottages and a had a wide-open view of the ocean and beach from the french doors on the porch. The kitchen allowed me to have my own food (as the 1 breakfast I had in the hotel dining room left much to be desired) and it was a short walk down the street to a very good Chinese restaurant that had excellent pot-stickers. Traveling into Nassau is a bit of a trek with the taxi fare being around $30, but after staying in downtown Nassau for 5 nights, this was a welcomed retreat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Delta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a week. It was the most amazing week ever! This is not a upperscale hotel/motel. You will not get a mint on your pillo wevery night and towels made into little critters. What you do get, is some friendly people, some beautiful views, some quiet time and a great vacation. If you want the night clubs and lous crowded beaches, this is not the place for you....but it was the place for us! Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Get one of the cottages....love love love it!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Orange Hill for one night because we missed our flight back home. Airport staff recommended this cute hotel because of its proximity to the airport. We were pleasantly surprised right from the get-go. The hotel is a bit older but it has a great laid back, and homey vibe. Brendan and his dad were very warm and friendly, the rooms were clean and the food reminded me of a homemade meal a grandmother would make. Where else can you get a great steak and lobster dinner for $25?!

The location is great, as it sits a top a small hill and has a nice view of the ocean and greenery. It's one of the more affordable hotels in the area and of good quality for the price. I would recommend this hotel for people who are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle and just want to unwind. It definitely has the island vibe that I love!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Orange Hill Beach Inn? Share your experiences!