“Sea Lions and Dolphins” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Islands
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: These trained dolphins are playful and friendly, specializing in giving visitors a ride on the "dolphin surf," where one of these gentle creatures pushes you through the water with their snout.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Sea Lions and Dolphins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Fantastic experience spending time with the sea lions and dolphins, very intelligent and loving animals

Visited September 2013

London, United Kingdom
60 attraction reviews
“Idyllic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Being with dolphins is an experience in itself, and doing so on a small, white beached, crystal blue watered, tranquil island really added to the enjoyment. It is everything you expect an island paradise to be.

All of the staff were friendly and chatty. The boat ride there wasn't too rough, and provided excellent views the main Island, as well as it's smaller outlying ones. On the way back the sun was setting, making the views all the more amazing.

As for the Dolphin experience itself, it was something special. It was fun and also educational. Being in the water with such a graceful creature was out of this world. We also had a DVD and photographs to help remember the occasion.

A must do if in the Bahamas, you will not regret it. Perfect for all ages.

Visited March 2013
Irwin
“"Paradise"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Booked dolphin encounter on my own twice...both times were less $ than cruise lines cost for shore excursion. Had to rent a w/c for my husband as his power chair could not go on the ferry..Everyone on the island was very helpful so he had the best seat to watch his grandchildren with the dolphins. Spent a little time swimming on the beach...Luv it..can't wait to go back!

Visited October 2012
Reading, UK
43 attraction reviews
“Great day on a beautiful island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

It cost us $64 to visit this island from our hotel on Cable Beach (including transfers).

The island is a 30 minute scenic boat ride from Paradise Island harbour. Check out some of the mansions on Paradise Island. Amazing!

We opted not to participate in the dolphin/sea lion encounter so spent the day on the beach. We chose a spot with a good amount of shade that also came with a hammock. The water is so clear and its possible to walk out far without being in any sort of depth.

There are several bars and restaurants all selling the normal stuff - hot dogs, burgers, daiquiris etc. A bucket of 6 Kaliks is $27. Lunch is included in the price and comes with salad, fries and a soda. For a free lunch the portions were very big. Non premium watersports are included in the price and there is also a roped off section of inflatable sea toys.

The boat returns to Paradise Island at 1pm, 2pm and 4pm and is a lot quicker than the out bound trip.

If I visit New Providence again I'll definitely pay another visit to Blue Lagoon Island.

Visited September 2013
NC
5 attraction reviews
“LOVE THIS PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went with my best friend and my son in August 2013, booked via Carnival cruise lines. Tried booking a month out from our travel dates and the time we needed was booked up through them so we were forced to book through Carnival which does cost quite a bit more than the company offers via website. If you want to try to book via the companies website do it months in advance!! Anyway, got off ship and there are people walking around with signs so you go to the one for Blue Lagoon and they put a bracelet on your arm. They then walk the group over to a boat, ours was called the glass bottom boat that had a lower inside area and an upper open top deck. The glass on the bottom was literally 2 or 3 small squares down the center aisle about 2ftx2ft in size to see through so we decided we wanted to sit up top because you could NOT see anything through the small windows in the floor. We sat on the very front of the boat in the bow and they never said 1 word to us, they were very laid back. Off we go heading towards Blue Lagoon and it is so beautiful there! The water is the most beautiful blue I have ever seen! The crew offered drinks if you wanted you could buy one for fairly cheap. The ride was about 30 minutes, we were running about an hour behind schedule so we all hurried off the boat and they led us to this building where we sat and listened to a lady give us some information about dolphins and about our choice of activity either the encounter or swimming. They also allow you to upgrade from the encounter to swimming if you want to. Then they led us to the area where they break you off into groups. You put all your stuff into a locker and take the key, you do not pay for these they are free ONLY while you do the dolphin encounter or swim though. You walk down a ramp and they make you sit on the side around the area the dolphins are at. They begin by taking the people that you traveled with in your group/family whatever and allowing 1 family at a time to go in the water. You go down a few steps and then stand on this plank that is literally about 4 ft deep maybe. They have you turn towards a lady taking a picture and they let 1 person in the group be kissed by one of the dolphins, our dolphins name was Andy and he was great! After he kisses you, you get out and go sit back down around the side until all the families have done this. Then he took us in a group of 10 at a time into the water. You stand on the plank and one by one they allowed us to "dance" with the dolphin which a lady sang and they sort of drummed on a cooler and the dolphin stands up out of the water and you hold the tips of his fins and he "dances" with you. They also allowed us all to hug the dolphin where you hold your arms straight out in front of you and Andy jumped up on our shoulder and we wrap our arms around him, and to drop a small fish/sardine into his mouth. We also got to rub the dolphins teeth and his back. The dolphins also jumped in front of us, waved bye and other tricks too. I took an underwater camera and they DID allow me to take it and use it which I was super happy about! Most places would tell you no to that. I can say we loved it all!! I think it was a once in a lifetime thing and I had no issues at all with the dolphin encounter other than, if your on a tight schedule try to get into the 1st groups!! We were in the 2nd group and lost a complete hour waiting on the 1st group that we could had spent on the beach, and the groups after us did not even get to relax on the beach at all before time to go. After the encounter we got our stuff from the lockers and we were able to go to the gift shop area and buy a video/photos of the dolphin encounter. It was $100 for video and photos which included 1 group photo and an individual photo of each person in your family hugging the dolphin and the video of the entire thing of everyone. So yes, be mindful you are being recorded and if others buy the video your on that video for life too ;) So my friend and I split the $100 and they give you rights to make copies of the photos or video so I took the photos she the video and we made copies of all and mailed the copies to each other. They did put one wrong photo on the cd but emailed the correct digital photo to us. This took about 30 minutes then we took off towards the beach. There are many places you could go but we were short on time so we took the path that led us past one a bar that served drinks, one that served food and an area with shaded hammocks and it was all just so beautiful. We found us a lounger, which were free to use, under a palm tree dropped all of our stuff there and went into the water. There was an area with inflatables you could pay to use but we just wanted to swim and relax in the water so we did not go in that area. We went in August so it was hot and the water was wonderful and crystal clear and just beautiful! Everyone kept saying how beautiful it was there and they are right, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! We only had an hour there and we spent that hour in the water. We saw the glass bottom boat come back so we got out grabbed our stuff and headed back to the boat, I could had cried, I did not want to leave. We got back on the boat, went to the top deck and again sat on the bow of the boat. On the way back they offered FREE drinks to anyone who wanted them. They dropped us off not near the ships but near the shopping area and were just as nice when we got off as when we got on! If your thinking about going to Blue Lagoon, do, it was just beautiful there! Everyone on the island was nice to us, there are plenty of free shaded picnic tables or hammocks, we had free loungers we used, and although we stayed in one part of the island and did not get to see any other part I am sure it is all beautiful! They have food for purchase there and drinks too which I am sure was good, they even had live music in a covered area. Loved it, my only complaint was I hated I did not get to stay longer and enjoy it. Also, our cruise docked at 8am so we picked the 10am depart time but it took us only minutes to get off of the ship and we could had made the 8:00am depart time because they don't really leave until about 8:30am for blue lagoon. When I go back I plan on reserving the earliest boat shuttle to the island that my ship is in port at so if ship docks 8am that is when I will schedule my shuttle to Blue Laggo and then schedule the dolphin encounter for 10:30am and we would have had those extra hours on the island to explore too. Our ship left at 5am and we had to leave Blue Lagoon at 2am, by the time we got the boat loaded, shuttled over, got to the area they dropped us off we had about 30 minutes to shop then had to make the long walk back to the ship and we ended up having only about 30 minutes or so before leaving port so I would not recommend scheduling a last minute shuttle back to your ship from Blue Lagoon which I think is at 4pm as this would not get your to your ship in enough time in my opinion! I highly recommend Blue Lagoon Island and I also recommend the dolphin encounter too! Beautiful beautiful place!! We cannot wait to go back and spend the entire day just relaxing on the island, Blue Lagoon was the high light of our trip!!

Visited August 2013