“Fabulous experience” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Islands
Activities: Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: These trained dolphins are playful and friendly, specializing in giving visitors a ride on the "dolphin surf," where one of these gentle creatures pushes you through the water with their snout.
Ennis, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a fab adventure! Loved the dolphin experience and I still think of Salvador (the dolphin) often. I felt a bit saddened that the dolphins perform several times daily and seem like slaves for treats, but I know that some are rescued and that they live twice as long or more than in the wild. Overall, the dolphin experience was wonderful. We stayed and enjoyed trhe beach the rest of the day. What fun! We grabbed a couple of floats and gently floated in the current to the end of the lagoon and then did it all over again. There are hammocks to enjoy lounging in the shade and plenty of floats and toys for the kids. Enjoy your visit!

Visited May 2013

“Beware of false advertising”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We paid about $500 for our family of four to do the dolphin encounter through our Disney cruise. they say you can bring your own camera so my inlaws purchased an observer pass for $45 a piece to take our photos, only to find out they turn your back towards the observer deck the entire time so you can't get any good photos and end up buying there package. With this being the first time my children (4 and 9) had a dolphin experience we decided to buy a photo package bc I wanted to have these memories. Well let me tell you after purchasing a$119 package and getting home to find out that only included 3 photos of my family on the USB and I would have to pay $16 a picture to download my other 20 pictures off their website I was furious! I called them which they told me it says what the package included on the advertisement that was on the wall in the shop, I disagreed, they emailed me a copy of the advertisement and the different packages which PROVED MY POINT bc it said NOTHING about the USB drive only including 3 photos, who would pay $119 for 3 photos! after that they haven't emailed me back. I plan on writing to Disney cruise line to let them know what a shady excursion they are allowing their guests to book. it's a shame my children enjoyed themselves with the dolphins and I don't have the pictures to show them, after over $500 to do the experience and another $119 for 3 photos, that apparently isn't enough money for them and they want me to pay another $16 a photo to download MY pictures. Very greedy and shameless in my opinion. if you ever are looking to do a dolphin excursion go to gulf world marine park in Panama City beach, Florida. They are absolutely wonderful, you get to do more with the dolphins plus have the whole day there to see all the shows, AND they include their professional photos ALL 80 OF THEM THAT THEY TOOK OF US, for $90.

San Diego, CA
18 attraction reviews
“Love the desolate island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a blast exploring the island and at time had the cove all to ourselves--- make sure you go to the other side of the island.

The coconut snack shack at the bar had decent food. The conch fritters were OK but my kids loved the wings. Saw workers ordering fried fish; It looked really good....should have order that instead of fritters.

A worker climbed a coconut tree & got us a fresh coconut--- was a nice surprise.

Visited June 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
6 attraction reviews
“The Water Was Nice But Not for the Price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We went to the Blue Lagoon as part of a cruise package with Carnival Cruise lines. The package included lunch. The lunch was "Terrible". Carnival needs to do a better job in choosing these package for their cruise participants.

Visited June 2013
BC
33 attraction reviews
“Sea Lion encounter best part of our trip :D”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We visited the blue lagoon on an excursion from a cruise to Nassau. It was an approximately 30 minute boat ride from the port to the lagoon. There is a beach and and a few stores you can visit while at the lagoon as well. The preshow is very informative and the time in the water with the sea lions is fantastic! Great pictures available for purchase as well. Only one negative and that is the beach it's way to small for the amount of people there. Very difficult to find a chair or spot to at least put a towel down!