My wife and I stayed here while on vacation for five nights from February 5th to the 10th. We stayed in room 677 on the club floor which gave us access to the Executive Lounge on the 7th Floor. Our room was on the ocean side of the hotel.
Our room was small but very clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable. We had free wifi both in our room and throughout the hotel and grounds. The pool and small beach were well kept and clean. Towels were provided at the beach and pool. We never had a problem getting our choice of lounge chairs. The beach is very close to the cruise ships docks - close enough that you can at times hear the loudspeakers blaring from some of the ships. The beach is also adjacent to Senor Frog, a local restaurant/night club that plays rather loud music audible from the hotel beach. There is also a constant drone from some machinery or engine at the port that seems to run 24/7. The point is, this is not a quiet, desolate beach spot. I don't want to make too much of the noise - it is only a minor nuisance - and easily disappears if one has an iPod with earbuds. The restaurant by the pool serves drinks and sandwiches. Try the mahi-mahi wrap - it is very good, as is a drink called Bahama Breeze which tastes like Hawaiian Punch. We used the fitness room several times. All the equipment is by Precor. Two of the treadmills require repair, but otherwise the gym is fine. The Executive Lounge provides a great view of the harbor and cruise ships coming and going. The Lounge serves a Continental breakfast on weekdays which was very good. In the evening the Lounge serves soft drinks, beer, wine and a small selection of hard liquor, as well as some hor d'ouerves which for the most part were not very good. Overall we were glad we booked a room on the club floor and we would definitely do it again if we ever come back. The service at the hotel was friendly and efficient. The location is excellent - a short walk to the shops in Nassau and the downtown restaurants such as Matisse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on downtown Nassau’s only private beach and the site of Old Fort Nassau, the British Colonial Hilton in the Bahamas has undergone a multi-million renovation throughout all areas of the hotel, and offers a taste of the island’s rich history, along with some of the most modern amenities for both business and vacation travelers. What’s more the hotel is only 25 minutes from Nassau (Lynden Pindling International) Airport. The hotel is a true Bahamian experience with a marble-tiled lobby and is studded with palm trees under a skylight ceiling. There are 288 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with harbor or island views. All rooms are furnished with tasteful decor, complemented by separate shower and bathtub. One-bedroom suites offer a separate living area with sofa bed, and Executive accommodations are also available along with the Executive Lounge, where attentive hotel staff assures that every need and whim will be met during your stay. Recreational activities are convenient and varied for leisure and business travelers alike. A 300-ft long private white sand beach is furnished with lounge chairs and thatched sunshades overlooking the harbor offering a peaceful and secluded access for an ocean swim or a day in the sun. Use of kayaks and snorkeling gear on the beach is complimentary. Bordered on one side by a tropical garden, the hotel's freshwater pool offers harbor views and has an expansive sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Both the sundeck and beach offer views of cruise ships moored nearby, and of the western tip of Paradise Island, 300 yards offshore. Guests can snooze in hammocks on the lawn adjacent to the pool. The property can also organize trips out reef snorkeling island exploring, boating, golf, tennis and scuba diving. For dining options, Aqua is a fun, casual restaurant serving international favorites with a Caribbean flair, or guests can meet up for cocktails at the Bullion Bar. The new Bullion Bar is the 'place to be seen' for happy hour with great drink specials and tasty snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Low Cost Holidays, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your British Colonial Hilton Nassau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Nassau
- Nassau Hilton
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Bahamas