“Very Nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Limassol, Cyprus
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Very nice clean luxury hotel with its own private beach! Very good location and staff. However, this hotel was booked through travelocity and woke up in the morning only to disover that breakfast was not included. This kind of hotels must not even have such option!
Overall very good though! Highly reccomended!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

1,569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
New Albany, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Our suite was gorgeous with a great view of the cruise ships coming into port. The staff, especially Cara, the Manager on Duty, made our stay lovely. Location was ideal for shopping and dining options and beach was pristine.

Room Tip: Best to opt for a suite as rooms are on the smaller side.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kara A, Manager at British Colonial Hilton Nassau, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to British Colonial Hilton Nassau. We realize that your visit with us was a very special occasion, and are extremely happy we met your expectations. We value your patronage and look forward to your visit again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Kara Armbrister
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a short 3 day business trip. It has obviously undergone a massive renovation since I stayed there 6 years ago. If I wrote this review at that time I would have said the rooms were dated with a slight stale smell and everything needed to be updated. Well, the renovation has done just that. The rooms are still a bit smallish but overall they're clean, comfortable and have newer amenities. My colleague and I paid over $200/night each for this hotel and I will say that's overpriced. The rooms are, in my opinion, worth more around $120 - $150 a night.

Service was nice and the bar area was central and comfortable. One evening they had the manager making the rounds introducing herself and letting guests know she was available if anything needed attending to. Fortunately we didn't need anything but it was a nice touch on her part.

Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient. Location was great for business and we could walk to a few bars and restaurants. For our last "hoo-rah" the night before we left, we decided to visit Atlantis and have fun at the casino. We found out that some of the packages being offered there for short visits can lead to rooms which we understand are much nicer for less than $150/night. As much as the British Colonial was nice, we'll probably give that a shot the next time we're in Nassau.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of Hilton's worldwide and I think this is the worst one I've been to.
I'm one day 2 of my 5 day visit and I don't get the warm feeling from the hotel that I usually get when I stay at Hilton's; especially since I'm a Hilton Gold Member.

Pro's
The pool area is very nice, but the beach is very small and you look at the parked cruise ships; not a feeling of a tropical island. We had a couple of glasses of wine in the lobby bar last night and it was very nice; the lady brought us water and peanuts and kept an eye on us. The breakfast buffet was nice, but I was told I had to pay $7 more if I wanted anything from the hot section; once again not sure why I don't get a free breakfast with Hilton Gold.

Con's
The internet is terrible and when you do get a connection it will sometimes kick you off and make you re-type the passcode and accept "the terms & conditions"....etc.
I asked for an upgrade to the Executive Floor with Lounge access and they said it was booked, then I later asked another guy working the front desk and he said it was $45/per person per day.
He said it was only free to Diamond Members; I wasn't aware each Hilton had different policies.
The hotel is old and def not 5 star. There is a piece of black tape covering exposed wires in my closet and you can see broken sidewalks, and the places needs to be renovated.
Outside the front door is a very busy street with shops & restaurants, but its a bit shady and didn't go in.

I dont know what the rest of the island is like, but I'm not impressed with the Hilton or this part of town.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Shakopee, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights and were very pleased with the location, the helpful and friendly staff, the amenities, and our room. The hotel is within walking distance of Junkanoo Beach, Arawak Cay, the Straw Market, the ferry to Paradise Island, a spa, and a variety of restaurants. It is a short bus or cab ride from Cable Beach, Sheraton, Sandals, The Zoo, and Arboretum. The continental breakfast was good, and free if you're a Hilton Honors member; if not, I think it is pretty pricey ($20+). The beach was a decent size, as was the pool, with very conformable chairs, cabanas, and opium pool beds. Our only complaint about the beach was that it was littered with glass. Every single day I found myself picking up shards of glass from the sand so no one would get hurt. This was a little unsettling. The other complaint we have about the experience is that the beach is right next to both the cruise ship port, and Senor Frogs. Both create a lot of loud noise that takes away from the relaxing feel of being poolside, or beachside. The cruise ships are also an eye sore as several of them come and go from the port on a daily basis. Also, although this doesn't necessarily pertain to the hotel itself, Bay Street pretty much shuts down at 5:30, with the exception of a few restaurants; if you want to grab dinner there are several places open past 5:30: Athena Cafe, Cafe Matisse, Sparta, McDonalds, and the eateries at Arawak Cay. Enjoy!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

With the exception of not having some necessary standard items in the room such as an iron and remote control the stay was quite good. The hotel staff was helpful and quickly brought the items to our room. Also, we were not able to check-in our room until late that evening because our room was not ready. The front-desk clerk (Patrice) was excellent and allowed us late check out for the inconvience which was appreciated because we had run just the marathon that morning and needed that extra time.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton over the long holiday weekend. Beautiful hotel with lots of amenities. Location is great with easy walking to shops and dining. Nothing fancy about the rooms, but they are clean and comfortable.

Being a Hilton Diamond Member, I would say that this was one of the friendliest most helpful hotel staffs I have ever experienced. That in itself made for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to British Colonial Hilton Nassau? Share your experiences!