I stayed at this hotel for a short 3 day business trip. It has obviously undergone a massive renovation since I stayed there 6 years ago. If I wrote this review at that time I would have said the rooms were dated with a slight stale smell and everything needed to be updated. Well, the renovation has done just that. The rooms are still a bit smallish but overall they're clean, comfortable and have newer amenities. My colleague and I paid over $200/night each for this hotel and I will say that's overpriced. The rooms are, in my opinion, worth more around $120 - $150 a night.
Service was nice and the bar area was central and comfortable. One evening they had the manager making the rounds introducing herself and letting guests know she was available if anything needed attending to. Fortunately we didn't need anything but it was a nice touch on her part.
Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient. Location was great for business and we could walk to a few bars and restaurants. For our last "hoo-rah" the night before we left, we decided to visit Atlantis and have fun at the casino. We found out that some of the packages being offered there for short visits can lead to rooms which we understand are much nicer for less than $150/night. As much as the British Colonial was nice, we'll probably give that a shot the next time we're in Nassau.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on downtown Nassau’s only private beach and the site of Old Fort Nassau, the British Colonial Hilton in the Bahamas has undergone a multi-million renovation throughout all areas of the hotel, and offers a taste of the island’s rich history, along with some of the most modern amenities for both business and vacation travelers. What’s more the hotel is only 25 minutes from Nassau (Lynden Pindling International) Airport. The hotel is a true Bahamian experience with a marble-tiled lobby and is studded with palm trees under a skylight ceiling. There are 288 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with harbor or island views. All rooms are furnished with tasteful decor, complemented by separate shower and bathtub. One-bedroom suites offer a separate living area with sofa bed, and Executive accommodations are also available along with the Executive Lounge, where attentive hotel staff assures that every need and whim will be met during your stay. Recreational activities are convenient and varied for leisure and business travelers alike. A 300-ft long private white sand beach is furnished with lounge chairs and thatched sunshades overlooking the harbor offering a peaceful and secluded access for an ocean swim or a day in the sun. Use of kayaks and snorkeling gear on the beach is complimentary. Bordered on one side by a tropical garden, the hotel's freshwater pool offers harbor views and has an expansive sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Both the sundeck and beach offer views of cruise ships moored nearby, and of the western tip of Paradise Island, 300 yards offshore. Guests can snooze in hammocks on the lawn adjacent to the pool. The property can also organize trips out reef snorkeling island exploring, boating, golf, tennis and scuba diving. For dining options, Aqua is a fun, casual restaurant serving international favorites with a Caribbean flair, or guests can meet up for cocktails at the Bullion Bar. The new Bullion Bar is the 'place to be seen' for happy hour with great drink specials and tasty snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your British Colonial Hilton Nassau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Nassau
- Nassau Hilton
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Bahamas