My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night whilst on a trip to Nassau to attend a function at Government House. We used to be frequent guests at the property prior to it becoming a HIlton but had not stayed there since. We were both very impressed with what we encountered.
The staff were excellent and extremely helpful particularly the concierge and front desk staff.
The room was small, but nice. I loved the separate shower, although hubby felt it was too small and he felt too shut in. The bed was wonderful and we both slept extremely well, something we rarely do when traveling..
The one negative to our trip was that in rushing to check out to be at the airport for 6:00 am. I managed to leave 2 bottles of wine that I had been given as a Christmas gift in the room. When we arrived home I called the hotel to enquire about them and to arrange for someone to collect them for me and was told that no-one from housekeeping had reported them as being found. I found this to be disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on downtown Nassau’s only private beach and the site of Old Fort Nassau, the British Colonial Hilton in the Bahamas has undergone a multi-million renovation throughout all areas of the hotel, and offers a taste of the island’s rich history, along with some of the most modern amenities for both business and vacation travelers. What’s more the hotel is only 25 minutes from Nassau (Lynden Pindling International) Airport. The hotel is a true Bahamian experience with a marble-tiled lobby and is studded with palm trees under a skylight ceiling. There are 288 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with harbor or island views. All rooms are furnished with tasteful decor, complemented by separate shower and bathtub. One-bedroom suites offer a separate living area with sofa bed, and Executive accommodations are also available along with the Executive Lounge, where attentive hotel staff assures that every need and whim will be met during your stay. Recreational activities are convenient and varied for leisure and business travelers alike. A 300-ft long private white sand beach is furnished with lounge chairs and thatched sunshades overlooking the harbor offering a peaceful and secluded access for an ocean swim or a day in the sun. Use of kayaks and snorkeling gear on the beach is complimentary. Bordered on one side by a tropical garden, the hotel's freshwater pool offers harbor views and has an expansive sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Both the sundeck and beach offer views of cruise ships moored nearby, and of the western tip of Paradise Island, 300 yards offshore. Guests can snooze in hammocks on the lawn adjacent to the pool. The property can also organize trips out reef snorkeling island exploring, boating, golf, tennis and scuba diving. For dining options, Aqua is a fun, casual restaurant serving international favorites with a Caribbean flair, or guests can meet up for cocktails at the Bullion Bar. The new Bullion Bar is the 'place to be seen' for happy hour with great drink specials and tasty snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays, Hotel.de, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your British Colonial Hilton Nassau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Nassau
- Nassau Hilton
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Bahamas