The hotel was nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. Lots of colonial character. We stayed in a executive level room which was well appointed but not overly large. Remember that 5 stars in Nassau doesn't = 5 stars in the US. Before booking people should realize that this hotel is located downtown in a country that is poor. There are many benefits to staying in downtown Nassau. During the day the town is lively with many places to eat and shop. At night it we felt it was safe but there was an element of doubt but we were fine. Hotel has taxis right outside the front entrance. I recommend going to the fish fry for dinner (One entree is enough for 2 people, it will save you money). The private beach was great except when too many cruise ship people had day passes to use the beach and hotel facilities. Hilton take care about this please !
The restaurant/bar located by the pool area was terrible quality and damned expensive. Better food and service is available outside down town and is just a short walk.
We used the Exec Lounge in the evening for the snacks and drinks and the view is lovely over the harbour. Watch the Cruise Ships sail in and out with a beer or G&T.
We only really ate breakfast in the hotel and that was really nice.
All in all a nice hotel.
- Also Known As:
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Hotel Nassau
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Nassau
- Hilton Nassau
- Nassau Hilton
- British Colonial Hilton
- British Colonial Hilton Nassau Bahamas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on downtown Nassau’s only private beach and the site of Old Fort Nassau, the British Colonial Hilton in the Bahamas has undergone a multi-million renovation throughout all areas of the hotel, and offers a taste of the island’s rich history, along with some of the most modern amenities for both business and vacation travelers. What’s more the hotel is only 25 minutes from Nassau (Lynden Pindling International) Airport. The hotel is a true Bahamian experience with a marble-tiled lobby and is studded with palm trees under a skylight ceiling. There are 288 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with harbor or island views. All rooms are furnished with tasteful decor, complemented by separate shower and bathtub. One-bedroom suites offer a separate living area with sofa bed, and Executive accommodations are also available along with the Executive Lounge, where attentive hotel staff assures that every need and whim will be met during your stay. Recreational activities are convenient and varied for leisure and business travelers alike. A 300-ft long private white sand beach is furnished with lounge chairs and thatched sunshades overlooking the harbor offering a peaceful and secluded access for an ocean swim or a day in the sun. Use of kayaks and snorkeling gear on the beach is complimentary. Bordered on one side by a tropical garden, the hotel's freshwater pool offers harbor views and has an expansive sundeck with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Both the sundeck and beach offer views of cruise ships moored nearby, and of the western tip of Paradise Island, 300 yards offshore. Guests can snooze in hammocks on the lawn adjacent to the pool. The property can also organize trips out reef snorkeling island exploring, boating, golf, tennis and scuba diving. For dining options, Aqua is a fun, casual restaurant serving international favorites with a Caribbean flair, or guests can meet up for cocktails at the Bullion Bar. The new Bullion Bar is the 'place to be seen' for happy hour with great drink specials and tasty snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, Venere, Amex, Olotels, getaroom.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your British Colonial Hilton Nassau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.