“Great time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Powerboat Adventures

Powerboat Adventures
Marina Drive, P.I. Ferry Terminal | Paradise Island, Nassau, New Providence Island
242 363-1466

Type: Tours
Activities: Motor-boating, Snorkeling
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: High speed, powerboat trip from Nassau to a Bahama private island in the Exuma chain. Feed sharks and rays, snorkel pristine reefs and enjoy a sumptuous feast of fresh grouper, steak and salads. Open bar. All inclusive. Order online.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
7 attraction reviews
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have to say this is one of our favorite day excursions while in Nassau.
The high speed boat ride is a blast. I'm a speed junkie so this is right up my alley.
The first stop is to a key to feed iguanas which is loads of fun. The staff will bring red grapes for you and the iguanas run right up to you. Feed them with the grapes on a stick , don't feed them by hand. The staff will warn you about it. They are a protected species in the Bahamas.
Next off to Ships Key.
When you get there the lovely Mona will offer your complimentary drinks and cold beer. There is also a selection of sandwiches and snacks to tide you over until the great lunch they serve so don't overeat.
Off to the beach to pet the rays. If you have small children which spook easily keep them on the shore. The rays are very tame but remember that they are wild animals and will scare easily.
Then everyone is out of the water and a staff member comes out with fish chum to bring the sharks in. What a sight , wild sharks tearing pieces of fish off of a rope and swimming around. Bring the camera for photos. You won't believe your eyes.
Next is a gourmet lunch. Fresh fish and fresh conch. A real taste treat.
Then snorkeling down the channel, the current actually carries you down between two keys while you just float.
Off to the bar for a quick drink and back onto the boat to get back to Paradise Island.
They also offer an overnight stay in cottages on the other side of the key which we have't done yet but its on my list.

One of the best excursions anywhere and the staff is just great.
We'll be back

Visited August 2012

• Turkish first
Gautier, Mississippi
6 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent day trip! Far superior than any others in Nassau! Great food, nice staff, fun fun fun. Highly recommend. Would do this again in a heartbeat.

Visited June 2013
Owensboro, Kentucky
18 attraction reviews
“Wowza! Our second go around on this Adventure, and we will do it again if we get the chance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went on a "Powerboat Adventure" several years ago and had a BLAST so we could not wait to do it again since we were back on Paradise Island. This time we had our kids with us and we knew that they would enjoy it too. Unfortunately we were there at an off time of year (getting close to winter) and there were not enough people booked to do the tandem run through the keys with two boats that they did the first time were were there, but it was still fun zipping through the keys at tops speed on our boat. They first take you to "Iguana Island" and let you feed the wild iguanas with some grapes. That is not the best part of that initial stop though... the water and islands in that area are simply breathtaking and I could not quit taking photos. There were several other boats in the area so this was clearly a popular spot to stop. From there it is a quick ride over to the private island for the rest of the day. The rest of the day involves snorkeling over a coral reef, swimming with and petting sting rays, interacting with sharks (they are C L O S E) and watching a shark feeding frenzy (bait, not tourists). They also show how to make conch salad and provide a pretty good meal. There are drinks and snacks available all day at the open bar. You do have some time to hang out on the beach or take in the amazing views from the top of the look out deck. You can see sharks swimming in the crystal clear waters in the area along side the big sting rays. I can't say enough about how amazing this trip is and I would definitely say BOOK THIS if you are anywhere close to the area. We were flat exhausted when we got back to our hotel, and we all went to bed with smiles on our tired faces that night.

Visited October 2012
Mission, Kansas, United States
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was the best day of our week long stay in Nassau. The trip from beginning to end was great. My husband, I and my 2 young adult children had a great time. Not only is the boat ride to the activities good, the feeding of the igauna's, stingrays and watching the shark feeding was something that we would not have been able to do on any other adventure. We were able to snorkle and my daughter found 2 conch shells getting to keep one of them. The other still had live conch in it so it was returned to the water. The food was great, I really enjoyed watching him make the fresh conch salad right on the beach. It tasted great, I had never had it before. I did not have any alcoholic beverages, but my husband said they were good. I liked that this was all inclusive from the time they pick you up at your hotel (at 8am) to the time they return you to your hotel (at 5 pm). It is well worth the money and if you book online you get a discount.
I cannot say enough good things about this adventure, other than do it!

Visited May 2013
Albany, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Will 100% do again in the Bahamas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was the best thing we did in the Bahamas by far. You start off with a trip to feed the iguanas, and then go to an island where you can feed stingrays and watch your guide wrangle sharks! The food at lunch was AWESOME. And there's an open bar with amazing drinks - anything you want just about. (We took a beer to go!). Shout-outs to Steven and the crew that was there on 5/24. There was a young man there (I think his name was Raymond?) that was awesome in answering our questions and showing us how they keep the sharks away the whole time. Snorkeling was really fun too - I saw a shark underwater and snapped a picture!!!!! The only thing we didn't like was that we had to wait 15-30 mins before leaving from PI for some idiot that didn't show up for his reservation (this may have cut into our time there). This is an incredible excursion that is worth every penny and we would love to stay over next time we visit!!!

Visited May 2013