“Relaxing :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino to your Saves list
Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach | PO Box N-8306, Nassau 33312, New Providence Island   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #16 of 31 hotels in Nassau
Manalapan, NJ
“Relaxing :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

i had a very nice time, it was really relaxing everyone was friendly and the water and the beach were just wonderful :) def. recomend for anyone to go there. Make sure that you go snorkling and make sure you sent some time asside for the booze cruise :) its not that pricey and you will have tons of fun on it.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends

1,699 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

We booked this trip last minute through US Airways vacation, and so got a great deal. Our only issue with the hotel was when we were assured our room was non-smoking, but when we got in it it not only was a smoking room, it reeked of smoke and had a poor view. We switched to another room and were given no hassle. We were in C tower, which had a *great* view. The beach right there was great and even had a reef with fish. Everyone with whom we dealt was really nice, including the servers in the restaurants. Yes, it's expensive, but no more so than hotels of the same type in the US. Housekeeping was great and always left our room sparkling. I do hope they get new beds during the renovation though as our backs hurt after a few nights.

Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

I cannot believe Wyndham would affiliate its name with this hotel-I'm shocked! I've stayed at many Wyndhams U.S and abroad and this hotel is disgusting! Filty dirty in every respect; crumbling building; food with flies taste testing it before you and it goes on. I literally wanted to walk out the door and not pay a penny if I knew I wouldn't be arrested. Missed my flight; thinking the luxury of Wyndham Jamaica, where I've visited many times, picked this hotel. Travellers read this: DON'T STAY IN THIS LOW RATE, HIGH COST WYNDHAM! Want to know the best part of this whole disaster stay? I slept in my clothers and broke camp earliest possible the next day! Don't let your bare feet touch the stinky old dated carpet!! I have absolutely NOTHING positive to say about this -1 STAR facility, so pls don't waste $$$$ like I did. I should have listen to my husband and returned BACK TO THE ATLANTIS ROYAL where I lived in luxury for 5 days!!! The worst $250+ dollars I have ever spent and since returning back home have made it my DUTY to tell my family, friends and colleagues, NOT to even look over at this dump hotel when passing by along the highway! It gives Bahama a bad name when there are so many other wonderful hotels on the island. When I entered the lobby, at that point, I should have paid another ridiculous cab fare and walked back out the door. For clients who think they had a wonderful stay at this dump. with all due respect, all I can say to you is: "you haven't lived"!!! and you need to "rise above the slums!!!!

San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

The only thing I can say was good about this hotel was the room and the view. That was it, the room was big and bed was nice, and we could see the ocean. But that is where it ended. The Staff, except for a select few, were rude beyond measure. If you tried to double check something, such as your check out time, they will just give you attitude back or say, "Were you not listening to me mon!" Which is exactly what I was told to the very word. They will charge you for everything that comes your way. Lets say you want to get something from the little so called mini-mart, they add 15% gratuity there! Why am I tipping the person I am simply buying a soda from? Around the pools, when there was supposed to be a Life Guard, for 5 days that we were there I never once saw a life guard at anytime of the day. Given we did go out, and had somethings to do, I never saw one while we were actually at the hotel, EVER!

The maintenance on the buildings is so so. If its raining, which it did for us a few days. STAY IN YOUR ROOM! The hotel has soo many leaks, they try to put towels down to catch the water, not even buckets. And after a while you are walking in puddles through your hotel since the towels cant hold anymore.

Now I could have seen past most of this, and believe me there were a lot of small things beyond this that were adding up. I know this seems like a rant, but I rarely leave a survey like this for anything. I am generally happy and can see past most things, but the one thing that really made me so angry and mad is when we needed some help. At 4 AM my wife was having some problems with her shoulder. Its a long story but I was simply trying to get her some tylenol or advil to help relieve the pain. So I called guest services, they told me to wait till 8 AM when the mini-mart opened. I walked down to the Front Desk in hopes their emergency kit would have something. But this put me over the top. Their so-called emergency kit, was a metal box from the 50's or 60's, and had a small bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide, a small bottle of Rubbing Alcohol, a few rubber gloves, and small small bottle of stuff that you would plunge a syringe into. I AM NOT LYING. I really wish I was lying about this, but I was so mad at this point that I am going to write this review on many sites. If you really care about safety for yourself, or your family, DO NOT STAY HERE! The simple fact they have no emergency kit, and I would doubt any kind of EMT training, has made me hate this place so much, that I will never stay at a Wyndham resort ever again!

The food in this hotel is so ridiculously expensive that after seeing our bills, we have decided, and I will share this with you as well, that if we do go back to the Bahamas we are going to stay at the Sandals resort. Here is why, yes it seems more expensive by a lot, but Sandals includes your food, drinks, room service and a ton of water activities that were scarce if found at all at the Wyndham that you have to pay for. With how the prices alone of food are set, we should have booked Sandals in the first place as it cost us the same amount if not slightly more! I know this since our friends that we went down there with, stayed at Sandals cause they were getting married. That was the best part of the trip, we got into Sandals to be with them have fun, and not have to pay a dime cause they even took care of us, and we were not staying there! If you are traveling as a couple or family, stay at Sandals as the average cost of food for 2 was around $80 or more per meal. I wish I was lying on that one to, and we did not order the most expensive food. Our first meal was $92 or so, and that was for 2 glasses of wine, a salad and 1 entree. Oh and the mandatory 15% gratuity on everything they charge at the Wyndham. I would not be surprised if they charged 15% on the $1 charge they make if you have to make a LOCAL call.

One last note, The Sheraton and the Wyndham have apparently merged around the Crystal Casino, and you can use all of the facilities at the Sheraton, but guess what? They are just as incompetent as those at the Wyndham. Avoid BOTH!

CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

The Wyndham is a wonderful place to stay. We stayed in the H tower and had the best view of the pool and the ocean. The rooms were beautiful. The poeple could not have been nicer. Remember if you are nice to people they will be nice back. The food is very expensive so it was really worth it for us a family of 5 to get the all inclusive. I highly recommend it. Only down side is there really aren't any activities by the pool during the day and not much night life. So we did a few side trips to break up the day. Two I highly recommend is Blue Lagoon swim with the Dolphins or Sea Lion trip and the Scooner Cove Snorkeling that takes you to three reefs. They were really fun!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

I just returned from my honeymoon and stayed at the Wyndham and was pleasantly surprised. I was so nervous when we left because there are quite a few negative reviews but I honestly don't know where those are coming from.

Was this a 5 star resort? No, but it is a great place to stay. The hotel does need a bit of updating but it was clean and comfortable. The rooms were great - updated and clean - I was very excited to see a nice ocean view (we stayed in the Hybiscus Tower).

Everyone keeps saying how small the beach is but it really isn't. There is plenty of beach between the lagoon and beach area in front of the Wyndham and Sheraton. If you want a long walk just go the other direction and you there is more than enough room. We walked the beach several times and didn't even get to the end of the beach.

The pool was also great. I never had a problem with it being dirty. Unfortunately lazy guests often times leave there cups laying around and they end up in the pool but the pool was always clean the next day. The slide was also great - it was only closed for a couple hours one day.

The food was decent but nothing fabulous in my opinion and yes, it is expensive. Everything in the Bahamas was expensive - just be prepared to spend money on food and drinks - it's just the way it is there. Service was great - we only had one minor issue with a waitress at Moso but it was nothing horrible - all in all we received pretty good service. The Bahamas is much more laid back than the States so you have to be prepared that things may take a bit longer than you may be used to.

The one complaint I have is there really was no night life. Everything in the Bahamas appears to close pretty early and being on Cable Beach you are quite a ways away from any sort of night life. We were there to relax so it wasn't a big deal but it is something to consider. Downtown has much more happening at night but I personally wouldn't have wanted to stay there - we considered the Hilton at one point and am glad we decided on the Wyndham.

Use the #10 bus - it's a great value but it does stop at 7 so be prepared to pay for a taxi if it's after 7.

We really truely had a great time at this hotel and I don't see what so many people are complaining about.

If you are looking to do an excursion, do the Powerboat Adventure - it is SO worth it. That day was by far the highlight of our trip.

somewhere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

Pros-We were upgraded to a suite in the hibiscus (main) tower. We rec'vd this simply by signing up prior to our visit with the wyndham by request. Do not let them put you in C tower. The lady at the desk even admitted that sometimes the AC goes out in that tower. Our suite WAS AWESOME.

We bought the vacation stimulus package and recv'd two nights free as well as a $100 food and beverage credit which worked well as the food was pricey

The jitney bus will pick you up right outside the hotel for 1.25 make sure you have correct change.

CONS- There is not much going on outside the resort if you are looking to be close to downtown you should stay at the Hilton. The buses stop running early (6 or 7 pm) and then you are either stuck at the hotel or you have to take a taxi which will run you about 20 each way.

******MAKE SURE you review your check out bill carefully. We were charged $1700 yes $1700 for a meal at MOSO (we never ate there) turns out that they got the rooms mixed up and the charge was added from a wedding reception onto MY account. As I politely explained to the front desk lately THERE WAS NO WAY MY HUSBAND AND I ATE $1700 worth of food. Be very careful of this. When you charge something to a room all you have to do is say charge it to room 309 and they do it mostly w/o asking for ID or asking whose name is on the room. So theroretically someone could run around charging stuff up ON YOUR ROOM. Don't let it happen to you.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino? Share your experiences!