“Never again” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   West Bay Street, Cable Beach | PO Box N-8306, Nassau 33312, New Providence Island   |
Ranked #15 of 33 hotels in Nassau
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I really cannot recommend anything about this hotel apart from the staff in the 2 restaurants, who were very efficient and helpful and friendly. The hotel is too expensive for what you get (price does not include even breakfast), e.g it's $50 a night more than a hotel up the road whose price includes ALL meals and alcohol. I think they just focus on the casino part, so ai guess if you are into that, it might be fine. But I was there for a work trip, and was not impressed. At reception I was told that wifi in the room would cost $14.95 a night - so I paid up in advance for the 2 nights. Then I was told to dial 0 to be able to talk to a technician who would help me to connect. Which I did - but it turns out that this was a long-distance call to AT&T in the US which they actually tried to make me pay for - although just a dollar or two, I flatly refused. When I got my laptop configured and the Internet going, the technician informed me that this price was PER DEVICE - so if I also wanted my phone hooked up to the wifi, I'd have to pay double... So I was down in the lobby (where there was free wifi) Whatsapping my baby-sitter to go onto Skype so I could talk to my daughter and then running back upstairs to the room for the Skype conversation...
The carpets throughout were shabby and stained, and although I know a hurricane had just gone through the week before, I am comparing this hotel where I stayed to the cheaper one I mentioned above, where others attending the same conference as I were staying, and in which the conference was held, so if one hotel nearby can be in good condition and pretty clean 1 week post-Sandy, then why not its neighbour? The drawers in the chest-of-drawers in my room smelled musty and damp, and there was no way I was putting any clothes in there.
There was construction going on, so a good load of rat-a-tat-a-tat drilling from 9 am to 6:30 pm. The pool looked filthy from up above (but that could've been due to the hurricane), and the entire beach in front of the hotel was blocked off, due to the nearby construction.
All in all, it was not a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose any room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WyndhamReply, Manager at Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. I apologize for your room not being up to your standards. We truly strive to have our rooms looking and smelling fresh and operating without any flaws. As far as the pool and beach area, you stayed right after Tropical Storm Sandy, so of needless to say we were still in the process of cleaning up. We appreciate your review.

1,707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Larchmont, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Common areas have lots of glass and mirrors. Not just windows but also railings, walls, partitions, etc. They all look like they haven't been washed in a decade.

Dirty, dirty. Gambling casino dominates the lobby and makes the whole place smell like stale cigarette smoke.

In contrast, the Sheraton next door is bright, clean, and lively. Go there.

Room Tip: Difficult to navigate within the hotel. Had trouble locating open bars, breakfast spot, news stand...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WyndhamReply, Manager at Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We are sorry you had a less than perfect experience at the Resort. In reading your comments, there are so many sercvice points we failed to deliver. We truly value your feedback you have provided. This is certainly not up to our standards and again we apologize.
Bayonne, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Do not even think about this terrible place. It is very dirty; black mold misxt with web and dust covers restaurant's ceiling. Airconditionning is not working or not working properly. I checked three different rooms and none was decent. No refrifirator old furniture. Stains on carpeting and on top of that I was bitten by some bugs. After first night I left and move to a really good resort.
I found out from local residents that this hotel has a lot of problems and it should be closed.

Room Tip: You will not find a good room in this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Plainfield, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Do not go there before the complex is completely renovated; it really needs the renovation to comply to modern standards. Annoying was the constant harassment of timeshare sharks outside and inside the hotel to lure tourists into buying a vacation package of more than 20000 dollars! If you go to a 90 minute presentation "with no obligations" expect manipulation and pressure techniques of the sales people. Because they did not take NO for an answer, we just walked out.

Summarized: This hotel is totally not worth the amount of money we had to pay for it and needless to say we will never, ever go back there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I been going for 15 years. It is dirty, food poor quailty and service is terrible

It's has become a freebie place for gamblers not for those paying. The management is not around and don't get invoked

They had to move me to 3 rooms and then the room was dirty, mold and bathroom floor sticky. Almost everthing in the room was broke

• Stayed October 2012
WyndhamReply, Manager at Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We truly regret any disappointment you may have experienced as a result of inconsistencies in service and any shortcomngs on our part, which may have affected your stay with us. Although we cannot change what happened, we will use your comments to make improvements for future guests stays. Thank you for your candor and we appreciate your bsuiness over the years.
Holly Springs, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was honestly one of the most disgusting hotels we have ever stayed in. The room was gross, old, dirty. The water wouldn't drain out of the shower. We had no bath towels. When we called down to ask for some, they brought us two wash cloths! Most of the hotel was closed. The staff was rude and not the least bit helpful. Thank goodness we only had to stay one night before we caught our flight to Crooked Island.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Westwood, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Was there Labor Day week-end & got bit up by bedbugs. I will not go again til they completely renovate the place & that wont be finished til Dec 2014. Dont go!!! Its a mess!!
They refuse to compensate me for the bedbug bites which I have scars on my arms from. They wouldnt even give me a band-aid...they told me to go to the drugstore & buy some!!

Room Tip: dont go!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
WyndhamReply, Manager at Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We do apologize for any aspects which appear to have fallen short of our expectations. The presence of sand flies or sisi flies is very common in the Caribbean, and we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Regardless, we know how irritating they can be, and our staff should of offered local remedies which usually help solve the situation if it becomes a problem. We reviewed and investigated your case, and noted that there were no bed bugs in your room or on our property. You were compensated and accepted our credit. We regret any disappointments you may have experienced.

Been to Wyndham Nassau Resort & Crystal Palace Casino? Share your experiences!